Random Thoughts XII - Floccinaucinihilipilification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arakhor

Dremora Courtier
Super Moderator
Supporter
The word in the title would be useless in Scrabble.

Anyway...

I was browsing around on Amazon, and found something that @warpus absolutely must try: Maple Bacon-flavored Hot Chocolate
So what is it? Bacon flavoured with tree juice and cacao beans? Ground up bacon, tree juice and cacao beans for making a drink? ERABLE made me think of a pot product, but that may have more to do with the other thread.

That looks like a fun stocking stuffer for me. Too bad my family doesn't do the winter sock thing. My nieces do it cause they're fully assimilated now so my sister goes along with Canadian traditions for them so that they go through the same stuff as the kids in school. Anyway, I would at least try that bacon chocolate drink

@Ferocitus from previous thread:

But genuine thanks for reminding me that (gestation) time is an important factor.
The microplastics question came out of frustration with not being able to quickly find data on whether they accumulate in the bone matrix of a developing foetus or newborn, and whether the amount of bone matrix is even an important factor at all for such young critters.

Don't put too much stock in my answer. I was intrigued by your question (to learn that it was even a thing) and Googled and found a study. But I'm not sure my study concerned newborns as is your specific focus, but rather how much more easily microplastics move through the skin of infants (and are thus found in their turds).

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.estlett.1c00559

@Ferocitus from previous thread:

Don't put too much stock in my answer. I was intrigued by your question (to learn that it was even a thing) and Googled and found a study. But I'm not sure my study concerned newborns as is your specific focus, but rather how much more easily microplastics move through the skin of infants (and are thus found in their turds).

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.estlett.1c00559

Thanks. It was actually a good unintentional prompt!
For example, time spent close to areas that have industrial laundries which pump out large quantities of microplastics from their driers might be significant.

I was wondering about microplastics that are not easily removed by the body's natural processes, e.g. being trapped inside bone matrix where they might slowly cause horrors like leukemia and other blood related diseases.

What fresh hell . . .

What fresh hell . . .
A new word that you can use in Scrabble?

Nurdles: The Worst Toxic Waste You’ve Probably Never Heard of
Plastic pellets cause as much damage as oil spills, but aren’t classified as hazardous.

Nurdles, the colloquial term for “pre-production plastic pellets,” are the little-known building block for all our plastic products.
Pollutants can be a million times more concentrated on the surface of pellets than in the water,” he says. “And we know from lab studies that when a fish eats a pellet, some of those pollutants come loose.” Like crude oil, nurdles are highly persistent pollutants, and will continue to circulate in ocean currents and wash ashore for decades. They are also “toxic sponges,” which attract chemical toxins and other pollutants on to their surfaces.
https://www.motherjones.com/environ...let-ocean-pollution-toxic-waste-fossil-fuels/

So what is it? Bacon flavoured with tree juice and cacao beans? Ground up bacon, tree juice and cacao beans for making a drink? ERABLE made me think of a pot product, but that may have more to do with the other thread.
"Erable" is French for maple (everything that's commercially sold in Canada is required to have both English and French on the label and in any instructions that might be included).

It's hot chocolate that's flavored with maple and bacon flavors. I have absolutely no idea how it tastes, though individually these are all good flavors. Maple and chocolate as a combination sounds intriguing, though I'm more partial to cherry-chocolate.

But as he is CFC's resident bacon aficionado, warpus is the person I immediately thought of when I saw this.

A new word that you can use in Scrabble?

Nurdles: The Worst Toxic Waste You’ve Probably Never Heard of
Plastic pellets cause as much damage as oil spills, but aren’t classified as hazardous.

Nurdles, the colloquial term for “pre-production plastic pellets,” are the little-known building block for all our plastic products.
Pollutants can be a million times more concentrated on the surface of pellets than in the water,” he says. “And we know from lab studies that when a fish eats a pellet, some of those pollutants come loose.” Like crude oil, nurdles are highly persistent pollutants, and will continue to circulate in ocean currents and wash ashore for decades. They are also “toxic sponges,” which attract chemical toxins and other pollutants on to their surfaces.
https://www.motherjones.com/environ...let-ocean-pollution-toxic-waste-fossil-fuels/
The grundiad had a thing on that recently as well. When that boat crashed in Sri Lanka the other month, it released 87 containers of nurdles, 1,680 tonnes. And they look like fish eggs so fish eat them and die:

Maybe the fish will eventually evolve so as to not eat them.

I am not so sure that that's how evolution works, but I could be wrong

Essentially you are saying we'd need a fish to randomly mutate to not want to eat fish eggs, and then outbreed all the fish that do. That seems unlikely I think

I am not so sure that that's how evolution works, but I could be wrong

Essentially you are saying we'd need a fish to randomly mutate to not want to eat fish eggs, and then outbreed all the fish that do. That seems unlikely I think

I was just making a tired joke. It's due to my mood, which isn't good :)

+1. This is my favorite sweety:
Spoiler Lidl sour cherry-chilli and dark chocolate bar :
:ack:

Okay, that is a flavor combination I could never have imagined, EVER.

Okay, that is a flavor combination I could never have imagined, EVER.
The chilli is mild to not consciously detectable. It is really good.

Omphaloskepsis: Contemplating one's navel as an aide to meditation.
What if we contemplated another person's navel as an aide to meditation? If we specifically contemplated Arakhor's navel it would be Arakhoromhpaloskepsis, but what would be the generic term? Allomphaloskepsis?

@Kyriakos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom