Rat43 CCM - Every Knee Shall Bend

Here is the biq that you wished. As you could imagine with the leaderhead posted above, the next civ are the USA. :) As you wished, all civs but the USA can build settlers normally additionally to their autoproduced clans/settlers and each normally built settler costs one population point (so here the settings don´t get too much out of balance).

There was no playtesting with that biq and therefore I have no idea what awaits us here. This is a big experiment, but - the whole life is a complete risk and it always ends deadly. :D

Attachments

• CCM-Settlers.zip
    57.3 KB · Views: 189
Yes, this should be a really interesting game. Thanks a lot for your work. :thumbsup:

I've played a trial game at deity to 2500 BC, and it looks a lot like Sid, with the AI civs at 7-10 cities before we get our third founded. What may save us is that we've provided for our rivals to have a lot more towns, but no more workers. So they're going to have a lot of cities generating units but almost no commerce, and they may choke on their support costs, again as in Sid. With gold so freely available in CCM that's hardly a certainty, though.

With these settings CCM in some way runs out of its balance. As corruption is much lower than in normal C3C the AI research and wealth output could be higher than in normal C3C - even with only a limited number of workers.

If you do any changes to the biq, you must always have a look at the number of civs and the settings in the players registry, as each saved change in the biq will cut down the number of playable civs automatically to 24 and remove the additional starting settler for most of these 24 civs. And these changes should be done with editor 1.00, otherwise you will loose the option of scientific leaders.

thanks civinator, I shall start a new game soon. Do we stick to deity as the setting?

Well, by the time I broke off my trial game at turn 60 the three civs hemming me in had about twenty cities each, and I had four with nowhere to put the fifth. If we want a challenge on that level, fine; if not, DG might be a more practical choice.

Do you really want to do a game with these settings or should something more be changed??

Well, let me try a test game as well as we don't want some totally mad setting.

DG might be abetter choice

Another alternative would be to speed up the number of free settlers to 1 per 10 turns instead of 20. That might be more balanced. The AI would get it too, but it won't help them as much as it does us.

Its been a while since we played a tough game so I don't mind that as much. We could also/instead go with a excellent start.

One issue with this is the AI is more likely to have a settler though (if every 10 turns) as it will make them even if the AI doesn't need it and we still have to hunt it down).

So I wil mention starting with an extra settler which gives us 4 cities with 2 strong ones from the start. Add a good start position and we could handle that.

Ok I tested a bit and what I found is that the AI churns out settlers a lot leaving them with very little protection and using up all the extra units to cover.

What happens are empires with many cities all low population and lightly defended. With an excellent start and a great strategy, we should be able to overcome this.

As we play the USA, we do not have WC for slavery yet, the question would be to go either for WC or for the wheel. An early offensive strike does seem to be a viable option.

Once we agree on the setting, I will start a new thread.

So, I suggest to choose continents on deity with no barbs.

Diety, USA, excellent starting location. I'm in.

Autoproduced settlers every 10 or 20 turns?

Extra settler at start?

We can leave it as it is I'd say with the 2 settlers at the start and an extra every 20 turns. The AI will settle all land pretty fast anyway and we have to take it by force.

Would be nice to get a come from behind victory...those are the best games anyway...

As we play the USA, we do not have WC for slavery yet, the question would be to go either for WC or for the wheel. An early offensive strike does seem to be a viable option.

We'd rather attack with Royal Stables/chariots than Slaver's Hut/slavers, so The Wheel. But circumstances and trading opportunities may make the decision for us anyway.

Deity/continents/no barbs sounds good--the maximum challenge. :viking:

so ... will this be RAT44?

Top Bottom