Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did the math

It will take 14 turns to build the Taj Mahal
22 turns from now, with th extra production we will have 8 catapults
We will be able to build 18 catapults with our current production assuming we don't construct the Taj Mahal in the same time frame.
The opportunity cost of the Taj is 10 Catapults
The opportunity cost of not constructing the Tak is approx 1004 gold and 580 hammers spread though the empire over the period of 8 turns. (I just did the math, based on pictures from the plan)

I also think the incans are still alive, and i think LH mentioned somewhere that the native americans were a true empire so i am guessing the took down the aztecs...

Well LH described the native americans as a true new world empire (or something similar) in chat. So if we are assuming that the aztecs once existed, then it is logfical to assume that the natives were the ones that took them out. Or they might never have existed, and the natives only have a very large country and/or have taken cities from america and the incans.

But either way, i think they will probably be behind in tech. They should be fairly easy to conquer and then vassalize as a commonwealth nation as Ravus has plans for, should we ever get intoi a secure position in europe.

The abduction was made because i do not like the idea of police being 'disciplined' when they were doing something perefctly reasonable.

Oh. I thought you were holding them in custody until we could deal with them.

Arya, you're being stupid. Let the President deal with it. He doesn't need you to "help him out".

My main theory is they had to take out the Mayans, as they are significantly weaker nation the the Aztecs and start in a similar location.

Edit:MN, the main problem with Arya's action is the fact that the President WANTS to punish them. Arya wants to reward them. They are on opposite sides.

Edit 2: I'm on chat

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. ilduce tried to ask a blinkered question. The map is stolen shamelessly from IOT from the forum games section with colouring, you should be able to tell which nation is which.

WHO SHAMELESSLY STOLE IF FROM LUCKYMOOSE!

Thats all for now.

Cull, this is off topic, but why do you make your sig so rascist?

And MN, if we punish these soldiers, then we set the precedent that we will not deal with future terrorist organizations. The copperheads have committed actions against our country before, and we have failed to label them terrorists, which may explain the lack of action against them. But should we punbish those who take the iniative against an organization that has had violent tenbdencies in the recent past, then we give the image that we will tolerate terrorist actions against us.

We must reward them, or at the very least, pardon them.

I am not 'helping the president out' as you put it. I have no intention of doing so with whosit, unless we have a common goal, which in turn is rare unless you go to the broad sense of helping england.

Cull, this is off topic, but why do you make your sig so rascist?
Its true

And MN, if we punish these soldiers,

They need better training to know how the act under all circumstances. However we should punish them because pardoning one offense commissions the act of many.

edit xpost:
What the HELL(!) are you on about now?
Cull said that my post was an imitation of Lucky mooses. But it wasn't. The fact is
I posted first then I made a second post as a response to ravus' post which was the post IMMEDIATELY before mine. Its impossible for me to have copied an early post.

@Taj: I doubt the GA is worth the 10 cats. But then theres the GP and cultural boost... Against my better judgement, I shall support the wonder.

@Ravus: There is also the chance that there is a "mystery nation" sandwiched between Carthage... We should have met them by now but you can never tell... I for one, wouldn't want to run into a hostile nation just when it looks like we have Hannibal on the ropes.
However, the only person who could pop up in that area is Mansa, so all this worrying may be for naught:p

First off, the cats can be built in CN instead for a few turns. You may lose 1-2 from the amount you could build in antium, but it will still balance out.

Second, ILDUCE GO BACK AND READ THE DAMMED THREAD!!! Cull said no such thing. He was commenting on how IOT stole the map from luckymoose.

Ilduce, please quote my whole post, dont take things out of context.

No Culls sig is not true. Its rascist and stereotypypical (I am white myself, but i have many african american friends).

If you guys are so worried about the loss in cat production, either build the taj somewhere else (london with the hammer bonus from beuaro would be a good idea, CN, AK, Even Rome...), OR build the cats somewhere else. Build every other cats in CN and Liverpool.

:):):):)

I (once again) play the dyslexia card. I though he was refering to the post I made right before that. nevermind

No. Just stop playing the 'dyslexia card'. If you want to stop making these mistakes, then GO BACK AND READ THINGS AGAIN, and thoroughly. If you think sopmeone is insulting you, or are reading critical info, then read it 4 times to make sure its what you think it is, or even just ask on the thread if what you think something is, is what it really is.

I understand you have dyslexia, but at least try to cope with it, instead of continuing to make silly mistakes when reading the thread and PMs.

Hmm... Building the catapults elsewhere would be good. Arya may have a point on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom