Rebalance of 2/3 of all civs in April!

When is the Update going to be released, on 22nd or 29th April? If they follow the same Schedule as with the previous releases, then it's probably going to be the 22nd April, and 12th April is for the update Video.

I'm expecting so many fixes, but still don't have much hope. :undecide:

When is the Update going to be released, on 22nd or 29th April? If they follow the same Schedule as with the previous releases, then it's probably going to be the 22nd April, and 12th April is for the update Video.

I am hoping for a bunch of bug fixes and QOL improvements, which honestly could easily be done simply by right click save as the popular mods, as well as some balance changes to various civs.

I also still believe in true love, so I am probably not the best role model

My guess is the 22nd as well, following their usual schedule, with a reveal on the 12th and presumably a "First Look" of sorts on the 15th. Keep those fingers crossed!

I am hoping for a bunch of bug fixes and QOL improvements, which honestly could easily be done simply by right click save as the popular mods, as well as some balance changes to various civs.

I also still believe in true love, so I am probably not the best role model
Given that they called it the biggest community Event so far, If they fix bugs of an amount half as the Bugs we got fixed so far (which would make sense, since it's better to make bug fixes with/after the balance patch, than before it, where new bugs are more likely to arise), then that would be a huge deal for us.

Constantly telling it "Community Event" really makes me wonder what's awaiting us. They listened a lot to Civ Fans during NFP, most of the free Update changes/Features(Selectors...) are for the CivFanatics, and we even got a Barbarian Mode that was inspired by a Civfanatic from this Forum. I'm not expecting a similar great Mode, but I think we might get some few Mechanisms extended, especially WC that is The biggest complaint of the Civ Community AFAICT.
But they also said "New Fun Surprises"...
My guess is the 22nd as well, following their usual schedule, with a reveal on the 12th and presumably a "First Look" of sorts on the 15th. Keep those fingers crossed!
That's when it should be (should in, based on the usual shedule). I just have a feeling that it might be a week later, because it's the last Game Update for NFP, so a little more Time means making sure everything is working fine. Which I would be fine with.

Given that they called it the biggest community Event so far, If they fix bugs of an amount half as the Bugs we got fixed so far (which would make sense, since it's better to make bug fixes with/after the balance patch, than before it, where new bugs are more likely to arise), then that would be a huge deal for us.

Constantly telling it "Community Event" really makes me wonder what's awaiting us. They listened a lot to Civ Fans during NFP, most of the free Update changes/Features(Selectors...) are for the CivFanatics, and we even got a Barbarian Mode that was inspired by a Civfanatic from this Forum. I'm not expecting a similar great Mode, but I think we might get some few Mechanisms extended, especially WC that is The biggest complaint of the Civ Community AFAICT.
But they also said "New Fun Surprises"...

That's when it should be (should in, based on the usual shedule). I just have a feeling that it might be a week later, because it's the last Game Update for NFP, so a little more Time means making sure everything is working fine. Which I would be fine with.

I can see the Moving Target logic in saving all the major bug fixes and edits for now, which gives me hope

we even got a Barbarian Mode that was inspired by a Civfanatic from this Forum.
I think this is a pretty dubious claim. I love the mode but there’s nothing especially specific and striking about its implementation that came from anyone here in particular. All of its ideas have been requested from civ fans all over the internet for some time. Every feature of the mode seems like really common sense stuff.

I think this is a pretty dubious claim. I love the mode but there’s nothing especially specific and striking about its implementation that came from anyone here in particular. All of its ideas have been requested from civ fans all over the internet for some time. Every feature of the mode seems like really common sense stuff.
Well, I confused it with a Post I've seen some time ago that said that. But the point is the Mode is inspired by the CivFans, aswell as other things, which is a pretty cool move from FXS. Because they made something that most of us enjoy (even over some NFP Modes), also especially because it extends The Gamplay of an existing Element of the Game, which is why I hope that we'll get something similar in the final Game update.

Well, I confused it with a Post I've seen some time ago that said that. But the point is the Mode is inspired by the CivFans, aswell as other things, which is a pretty cool move from FXS. Because they made something that most of us enjoy (even over some NFP Modes), also especially because it extends The Gamplay of an existing Element of the Game, which is why I hope that we'll get something similar in the final Game update.
The main problem of the game mode is that unfortunately barbarians are gone by the Medieval Era. Honestly it might make sense for other tribes but I do miss the idea of say coastal clans, or horse clans not raiding anymore past the era.
I wish they would extend the turns for clans to turn into city-states so we could still possibly have medieval nomadic horse tribes running around or Renaissance era pirates etc.

The main problem of the game mode is that unfortunately barbarians are gone by the Medieval Era. Honestly it might make sense for other tribes but I do miss the idea of say coastal clans, or horse clans not raiding anymore past the era.
I wish they would extend the turns for clans to turn into city-states so we could still possibly have medieval nomadic horse tribes running around or Renaissance era pirates etc.
Yes, that's a real issue, that really needs some enhancements/fixes. But it suffers from the same issue as the other mechanisms: Not being (properly) designed for the Late-Game.
At least its moddable enough (the most moddable mode so far, beside the Zombie mode) to change the conversion rate (aswell as many other things), and I think the Devs made that intentionally possible.

After recently completing the world's easiest Immortal game with Russia, I went back to thinking about how I'd like to see them rebalanced. Their current kit just comes together to be too powerful - tundra bias plus dance of aurora plus lavra plus work ethic means that by the early classical era you already have (i) one of the first religions, (ii) massive faith generation, (iii) 25+ production in multiple cities, and even higher if you luck out with mines/resources, (iv) the first great writer(s) and are on your way to other GAs, (v) likely a good chunk of cities through monumentality, and (vi) massive land in those cities. Unless the AI gets super-aggressive and cripples you early on, it's easy mode the rest of the way - and once you get to Grandmaster's Chapel (which you can rush pretty quickly too), no military is going to touch you.

So here are the changes I'd like to see:
  1. Have Work Ethic apply only to typical adjacency bonuses (i.e. not terrain pantheons or Land Down Under). This would also have the effect of nerfing civs that tend towards Desert Folklore or Sacred Path (Mali, Nubia, Brazil), plus Australia, but I think all of those could absorb it pretty readily. But the biggest reason I think Russia is broken is the 1/2 price Lavra plus the DOA/Work Ethic combination. I've tried a few Russia games for fun using Choral Music or Feed the World, and also some trying to settle mostly out of tundra, and while they're still a strong civ, they pale in comparison to being able to knock out a half dozen super productive and high faith generating cities in the middle of nowhere by turn 60.
    • The other benefit here is that it opens up more strategy options when playing Russia in terms of taking other pantheons and/or religious beliefs. As it is, it feels like there is a "right" way to play Russia, and that you're only handicapping yourself if you take anything other than DOA/work ethic.
  2. I think others suggested this earlier in the thread, but changing the Lavra bonuses so that GWAMs generate based on buildings - great writer point for the base Lavra, great artist for a shrine, great musician for a temple. It could also be shifted back a bit so the great writer point needs a shrine, etc. up through worship building, but I think getting some bonus right off the bat is good.
  3. To make up for losing the Work Ethic bonus (which would make settling in tundra much less appealing), have internal trade routes get +2 food from a Lavra rather than +1 - that plus Russia's other tundra bonuses would make it still viable to settle and grow in tundra.
    • Alternately, or in addition, to amend Peter's terrible leader bonus, have international trade routes provide additional food to Russian cities, though there's not much of an immersion reason for that to be the case.

For Wihelmina, I don't really know what are the options. How to make her ability interesting and not too powerful while the whole civilization is already powerful.
I believe the Trade Route have to be interesting for both ends. Why would I want to send a Trade Route to the Netherlands for them to enjoy a free Culture? Except for the Agenda, there is no point. Maybe her ability should be unrestricted. For example: "Each internationnal Trade Route from or toward a Dutch city yields 1 Culture and 1 Loyalty for both cities."
It will not be strong, but at least it is useable. You could also add a little extra but gimmicky thing with the Broadcast Center since the ability's name is "Radio Oranje". For example: "Each internationnal Trade Route from or toward a Dutch city yields 1 Culture and 1 Loyalty for both cities. Those values are doubled if the city has a Broadcast Center."

That is really bad.

Hehehe Instead of "Reballances" and "Biggest community event ever" (marketing....) I would prefer something different. I would prefer they fix issues "Biggest Community`s Best Fans" asks since ages. How I can play Barbarians Clans mode without ... barbarians, who stop spawning aftter 1st conversions. Why AI is not improving lux. resources? Why AI is not capable of using even basics of Heroes ? Why the easiest civ for human player is Canada? (because no one will ever declare war on you as AI not using cassus belli since 2 years). Monopoly tourism fixation factor from 5 to 3 is a joke and make it unplayable on larger maps.... These are broken crucial bones! Instead we will probably receive something like Wilhemina traderoutes gain +2 culture, instead of previous +1. Reballances are of course fine, and I am looking forward to see them, but I will turn off the game when I will see 3 unimproved diamonds next to each other on AI territory once again.

What’s the likelihood that they will bring back Lincoln or Washington as options for CIV VI? Also will they ever add the Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park or Niagara Falls as wonders?

What’s the likelihood that they will bring back Lincoln or Washington as options for CIV VI?
Not likely considering we already have two different Teddys, which are essentially two different leaders. Either way I think America is in a good spot and doesn't need a second leader like other civs.

Top Bottom