Rebalance of 2/3 of all civs in April!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by goatdeer, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

I was referring to @João III saying that there could be a second Civ 6 pass. I agree with you individual DLC's could be made available, though.

2. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

They could also just do a hypothetical NFP2 with no free updates. Nothing says they have to another pass they exact same way the NFP.

3. Duke William of Normandy

Alright, fair. I can see your point.

4. Buktu

Buktu Prince

Technically those free updates are not part of the NFP since everyone gets them not only those who bought the pack. Ofc they never made the free content (maybe apart from some bug fixes) without earning money from the paid DLCs though.

5. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

For me personally, I'd be fine if this is the final update for Civ 6 period if they were to throw in a free surprise bonus civ in the form of one more native American people. That was the only thing missing from NFP on my personal checklist.

Then again, I'd gladly see them do another full round of civs/content in an additional DLC pass. I'm not really keen on restarting with vanilla 7 just yet.

Not sure how to parse out the just-made announcement. On the one hand, we have that "one more year" thing from earlier this year. And there's a major emphasis on "free" here, though it is hard for me to imagine a second paid pass would completely lack in free content (if only in the form of balance patches).

Alexander's Hetaroi and Buktu like this.
  6. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

As I said elsewhere: there’s no such thing as a non-free Civ 6 update. Every single dlc release has come with a free patch.

sukritact, Kjimmet, Menocchio and 5 others like this.
  7. goatdeer

goatdeer Chieftain

I would like to see more civs to be more thematic, whether or not that involves some kind of malus.

The recent civs are quite thematic.
    Gaul = Mines
    Portugal = International Water Trade
    Ethiopia = Faith and Hills
    etc.

Also some older civs like
    Scotland = Amenities
    Arabia = Scientific Religion
    Mali = Gold

And then there is Egypt, like, what is the theme? Or the Cree? Or Gorgo? Mapuche? Their characteristics are all over the place for me.

8. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

And then there is Egypt, like, what is the theme? Or the Cree? Or Gorgo? Mapuche? Their characteristics are all over the place for me.[/QUOTE]
    Greece is a culture civ, which Pericles gathers culture through city-states while Gorgo gathers culture through military means. I think she's pretty straightforward.
    The Cree too. Their theme is a combination of trading and making alliances.

Leah and Rachael likes this.
  9. Duke William of Normandy

Video's out!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  10. Chysp

Chysp Chieftain

Where? It isn't on youtube / twitter yet...

11. Duke William of Normandy

Look up "Sid Meier's Civilization" on Youtube, click filters, and pick Last Hour.

12. Chysp

Chysp Chieftain

For everyone else :)

Hawke9, DWilson and TCBB like this.
  13. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

where?

14. Duke William of Normandy

2k United Kingdom channel.

15. Buktu

Buktu Prince

The Khmer look pretty nice. Spain also feels better.
    And finally more units und a huge TSL Map.

16. AriaLyric

AriaLyric Nonbinary | Peaceful Builder

Here's screenshots of the confirmed rebalances, aside for China's Inspirations upon completing a Wonder

Spoiler rebalances :
    spainupdate.png khmerupdate.png mapucheupdate.png georgiaupdate.png

Also, what just happened to the new thread that was made for discussion of the video? Nevermind, it's back it seems

17. TCBB

TCBB Warlord

Massive changes to Mapuche, Canada and, especially, Khmer, who will now be an absolute faith juggernaut. The ‘major adjacency to holy sites from rivers’ bonus alone has the potential to be amazing, let alone the other buffs alongside it.

More dubious about Spain: they’re still very dependent on settling on foreign continents, which is sometimes entirely out of the player’s hand. Then again, Victoria makes it work, so perhaps Spain will finally glue together.

I also noticed that Georgia’s Khevsur now replaces the new Man at Arms unit – i.e. you can prebuilt Swordsmen and upgrade into it (at Military Tactics, presumably). That’s a huge buff; and I assume the same will apply to Japan’s Samurai, Norway’s Bezerker, and then a few other units for the ‘Light Infantry’ option as well (eg. Redcoats or Garde Imperiale).

18. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I didn't know Tamar was into sacrificing. :mischief:
    All in all at least it's a nice change from the standard having to declare a Protectorate War for bonuses.

Also you can see the Domrey replaces the Trebuchet.

Hawke9, Kjimmet, TCBB and 1 other person like this.
  19. Duke William of Normandy

That was the main gripe of those units: Now, as you said, this is essential for all Civilizations.

20. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

Canada, while still gimmicky, is nowadays very strong on tundra and will be drawned towards it rather than looking at it only like a possibility if plains are already taken.
    Khmers kept their theme, but are now strong with it! They bonuses revolve around gaining massive pop and having massive pop. Truly good synergy.
    Spain is now stronger than ever. Sure, they are still very "other continent" dependent, but don't forget the +3 gold, +2 faith and +1 production for every trade route, including at the beginning. Sure, it doesn't scale as much as Portugal, but they will have a very strong start. We finally have a true colonial civ, with cities on other continents will be wonderfully efficient.
    Also, the free Eurekas and Inspirations from wonders is good for China, and synergizes well, and maintain Qin SHi Huang as a wonder builder throughout the ages. Very good indeed.
    Small change for Georgia, but after all they were changed so many times that they were already kind of strong. But for me, the most hopeful thing is that maybe they definitely get rid of the casus belli abilities!!!