• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Republican Bidens and the Failure of the Democratic Party

There is it again... "browbeating"
Yes, I've made that pretty clear throughout.
Both of these claims are demonstrably false. In the first instance, again in the same post you accused me of "browbeating a demographic of posters". So you are clearly purporting to speak on behalf of others in the thread. Look at the quote before this one. You said, explicitly "a demographic of posters". What posters? Obviously you are referring to the posters on CFC OT and the posters in this thread. So once again, you are contradicting yourself. You are clearly trying to speak about/on behalf of other posters in the thread.
A demographic of posters, representative of a demographic of voters? Assuming you're correct with this game of semantics, what does it matter? I'm still not making an argument on behalf of other posters. I do not feel offended for them. I'm simply trying to correct what I see as a poor argument from you. As I continue to do so. Your failure to understand and seemingly hellbent reliance on accusing me of not making sense, contradicting myself, "projecting", etc . . . are all deflections that serve as an excuse to not engage with the actual argument. Instead, you're targeting me specifically. Don't we have a word for that?
This is all about you personally.
No, it isn't. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were projecting ;) But this is just you not understanding, and the more you go on about these things, the more you try and drag my personal motivations into it, the more I believe you're grasping at straws.
No its not. Again, as I've said. I disagree with your claim.
You're free to disagree, but that in of itself isn't an argument. Just as me going "nuh uh" back ultimately does nothing to advance the discussion.
So you dropped "gotcha" and what you've done, is replaced it with "browbeating" and "attack"
No, "browbeating" was present from my first reply to you. You weren't making a "gotcha", and I really don't care about your objections to me using any words I feel are appropriate. Sorry!

Last edited:
Read it again. You say Biden brought in a different set of voters: and then you just name two contradictory sets. You either need to delete one or add some logical connector between the two categories. (I think, could be misreading I guess?)

I believe his point is that he brought in people who otherwise would say “it’s all the same anyway” because it clearly wasn’t “the same either way” in that election

Read it again. You say Biden brought in a different set of voters: and then you just name two contradictory sets. You either need to delete one or add some logical connector between the two categories. (I think, could be misreading I guess?)
What I had hoped I was saying is that there is one group of voters (15 million such) that has two (maybe quasi-related) attitudes: 1) which party gets elected doesn't matter much anyway and 2) our system is never going to elect a Trump. If I needed one word for both attitudes, maybe "complacent."

By the way, Biden has these voters for 2024. He may lose some on the left. He may gain some because of Dobbs. But the pure anti-Trumpers will turn out again for that.

x-post: schaufuchs has got it.

Last edited:
No, "browbeating" was present from my first reply to you.
Here is the post/response
The second part of your post is the classic gotcha aimed at leftists and progressives
Also... in that same post... you charged me with trying to convince people to vote for Biden/Democrats... something else you've been falsely denying.
Good luck convincing folks.
Anyway, my response:
"Gotcha"? What's that about? I asked you and @Lexicus and others about whether the O'Donnell segment had any merit. What I was doing is pointing out what seems to be an example of what O'Donnell was referring to, ie., Democratic voters refusing to vote for Biden over a single issue, in comparison to Republican voters, who he argued don't tend to do that. That's "unfair"? That's a "gotcha"? Why? What are you accusing me of? Some kind of nefarious/disingenuous argument?
You stopped using "gotcha" after that and switched to "browbeating" and "attack". Use whatever word(s) you want... what I'm pointing out is it's the same incorrect accusation, just repackaged in a new word/catchphrase.

As an aside... this post demonstrates the inherent flaw in the argument that you've been repeatedly making... because it demonstrates my original point, which as I've said repeatedly was to solicit discussion about the O'Donnell segment and the points raised.

Last edited:
I believe his point is that he brought in people who otherwise would say “it’s all the same anyway” because it clearly wasn’t “the same either way” in that election

Ah, i see, i thought it might be something like that.

What I had hoped I was saying is that there is one group of voters (15 million such) that has two (maybe quasi-related) attitudes: 1) which party gets elected doesn't matter much anyway and 2) our system is never going to elect a Trump. If I needed one word for both attitudes, maybe "complacent."

By the way, Biden has these voters for 2024. He may lose some on the left. He may gain some because of Dobbs. But the pure anti-Trumpers will turn out again for that.

x-post: schaufuchs has got it.

Suggested edit:
Biden brought in a different set of non-voters: people who said "what does it matter? they're all the same" who then woke up on Nov 9 2016 and said "no, effing way; that's what can happen if I don't bother voting?"

Here is the post/response
Oh, I see you're problem. You're mixing up the current tangent with the previous one.
You stopped using "gotcha" after that and switched to "browbeating" and "attack".
No, I criticised a different post that you made. But at least I understand your confusion now.

Let me link you to the start of this tangent again, just to refresh your memory:
Which I replied to here:

Oh, I see you're problem. You're mixing up the current tangent with the previous one.

No, I criticised a different post that you made. But at least I understand your confusion now.

Let me link you to the start of this tangent again, just to refresh your memory:
Which I replied to here:
You don't remember that this whole thread is a spinoff that @NinjaCow64 created to continue that very discussion from the LGBTQ thread?
I am going to make a new thread to respond to this because there's no way I can respond to this in a way that's on-topic. If I tried my posts would probably get moved. I will link the new thread here when I am done.
Its the same discussion :p

You don't remember that this whole thread is a spinoff that @NinjaCow64 created to continue that very discussion from the LGBTQ thread?

Its the same discussion silly :p
. . . yes? The posts I linked are literally from that thread? :D

The post you just quoted me from is from a completely different thread. You just quoted me from the "The 2024 US Presidential Election" thread, a post I made almost a month ago.

Are you that lost? This is the post I'm taking issue with. Not any other post. This one, that I'm linking for the second time in as many (of my) posts:
Alright? With me so far? :p

And here is my original reply to it, again, where I say this argument of blaming progressives posters for somehow allowing Republicans to do what they're doing is demonstrative of you not understanding progressive voters in the first place:
Are you all caught up yet? Do I need to explain it yet again?

. . . yes? The posts I linked are literally from that thread? :D

The post you just quoted me from is from a completely different thread. You just quoted me from the "The 2024 US Presidential Election" thread, a post I made almost a month ago.

Are you that lost? This is the post I'm taking issue with. Not any other post. This one, that I'm linking for the second time in as many (of my) posts:
Alright? With me so far? :p

And here is my original reply to it, again, where I say this argument of blaming progressives posters for somehow allowing Republicans to do what they're doing is demonstrative of you not understanding progressive voters in the first place:
Are you all caught up yet? Do I need to explain it yet again?
No. You're the one who is confused/not following... it's all the same discussion. My discussion of the O'Donnell segment/thesis... the same thing I am discussing now, in this thread...began in the 2024 Election Thread where I linked the video. You and I were discussing it in that thread, and that is where you were accusing me of doing "gotcha".

Then, later, in the LGBTQ News thread, I referenced that same underlying principle from the O'Donell segment (I even noted it "we were discussing previously") and its relevance to the discussion, noting that it seemed like an example of the point/argument O'Donnell raised. I mentioned it because I found it relevant to what was being discussed in the LGBTQ thread. I do acknowledge that in that particular post I did not mention "the O'Donnell segment" by name, but I thought it would be obvious to anyone who'd been following the discussion what I was referring to.

You responded, quoting me in the LGBTQ thread, along with others, with you bringing up the same argument that you were making in the 2024 Election Thread. @NinjaCow64 then declared, correctly, that the discussion of was going to veer too far off topic from LGBTQ News and thus started the current thread.

So again, this is all part of the same discussion that started in the 2024 Election Thread. You don't see that? :confused: . In fact, going back to the origin of the discussion, I see that I specifically tagged you and requested your thoughts/opinion/analysis on the O'Donnell segment... and your first response was a sentence in line with what you're currently arguing. So one, you knew from the beginning that my goal was getting folks take on the O'Donnell segment, and two, you know good and well that this is all the same discussion, because you've been part of it from the beginning.

As an aside... the posts you quote above (about schlongs) do not correctly match the posts you are referencing/linking. I didn't drag you on that (in spite of your ironic sarcasm) because I know you're already frustrated enough with me. I knew/remembered what you were referencing despite the quotes being incorrect.

Last edited:
@Gorbles - Going back to the beginning of the discussion helped me clarify what my point/goal was, through the murk of our most recent back-and-forth. The overturning of Roe seemed to me like an example of what O'Donnell is arguing. It seems that you disagree, but not on the basis of the result, ie Roe getting overturned, but in terms of the cause. Is that what you mean when you say "consequences don't matter"?

Are you saying that you're more concerned with the cause than the results? It seems like you are saying that Roe was overturned, because Democratic politicians failed to properly motivate Democratically inclined voters and/or failed to use whatever tools/levers/dirty tricks, etc., at their disposal (Obama failing to test the viability of a recess SCOTUS appointment when Scalia died, for example)... rather than Democratically inclined voters failing to vote in sufficient numbers to keep Republicans out of the White House and/or sufficient numbers in Congress? Or are you saying it was the result of Republicans systematic efforts and Democrats, whether politicians or voters, had nothing to do with it?

Last edited:
No. You're the one who is confused/not following... it's all the same discussion. My discussion of the O'Donnell segment/thesis... the same thing I am discussing now, in this thread...began in the 2024 Election Thread where I linked the video. You and I were discussing it in that thread, and that is where you were accusing me of doing "gotcha".
I see how you see it that way, but I clearly stopped discussing the point that started on the 8th of March (I really can't be bothered seeing how many days it dragged on for), and started something else, a new argument, when replying r.e. my belief that you're browbeating voters who don't vote hard enough for Biden.

I'm saying they're separate, I'm not interested in defending whatever association you think I'm mentally dragged from a previous discussion. It was a clean break, I don't know what to tell you. You don't get to decide how I post :D I tried debating O'Donnell first - when you tagged me - and that went nowhere (much as this one did). It only came up in this newer tangent because Gori kept referring back to it. I was more happy to focus on your specific post where you blame progressive voters for not voting correctly and therefore ushering in Republican evils (tired editor's note: not the same thing as saying you're trying to change they're vote. We both agree you're not).

So let's try a clean break. Starting here:
@Gorbles - Going back to the beginning of the discussion helped me clarify what my point/goal was, through the murk of our most recent back-and-forth. The overturning of Roe seemed to me like an example of what O'Donnell is arguing. It seems that you disagree, but not on the basis of the result, ie Roe getting overturned, but in terms of the cause. Is that what you mean when you say "consequences don't matter"?
You invoked Roe in the post where you said despite understanding progressive / leftist / whatever we're calling them voters, that this voting phenomenon (that started originally with the O'Donnell thesis) gave us all the nasty Republican things you listed (including Roe).

So there were two discussion tracks here:
  1. My opinion on O'Donnell's argument (which I thought I'd stopped discussing). I think it's bunk. I think it's too heavily reliant on a stereotype (dissatisfaction with the Democrats crosses several "single issues" and a lot of progressives care a lot about several "single issues" at once), and that it's a convenient answer for liberals and centrists in that it helps them avoid thinking about issues the Party itself has, which may or may not be difficult to address or fix.
  2. My opinion with your blaming of Republican policy on progressive voters who "abandoned Biden". I focused on your post specifically to avoid rehashing the O'Donnell topic, because I thought we'd covered it in as much depth as we were likely ever to and I felt like I wasn't going to be able to bring anything new or constructive to it.
"consequences don't matter" came out of the latter. The consequences matter insofar as they're "bad", but the specifics of the consequences don't matter for my disagreement (with your blame of progressive / "single issue" voters). It could be that the Republicans blew up the moon (sounds silly, but would genuinely have catastrophic consequences for life on Earth. My kid watched a science show about it). The specifics of the consequence don't matter, my read of your post as blaming progressives for those consequences was the argument. Does that follow?

I think that means "yes, in terms of the cause", but I'm not sure. We could be talking about different "causes" here.
Are you saying that you're more concerned with the cause than the results? It seems like you are saying that Roe was overturned, because Democratic politicians failed to properly motivate Democratically inclined voters and/or failed to use whatever tools/levers/dirty tricks, etc., at their disposal (Obama failing to test the viability of a recess SCOTUS appointment when Scalia died, for example)... rather than Democratically inclined voters failing to vote in sufficient numbers to keep Republicans out of the White House and/or sufficient numbers in Congress?
I'm concerned about anything the Republicans achieve in the US, me being a Brit or not. It's more than concerning. But in that case yes, it looks like we're talking about the same "cause", which is good (for us both :D).

Because Democratic politicians failed to sufficiently (I wouldn't say "properly") motivate inclined voters, yes. I don't think dirty tricks are necessary. I think the problem with any form of trick, or bait and switch, or promises to codify Roe vs. Wade (going back two arguments with you, sorry, I know I said this was a clean break) is that we're in US election year, for the third time in eight years, where Trump and an increasingly fanatical GOP are the other option (and I use "option" only in its strictly most technical sense, here).

The two-party system is fundamentally broken, right? And again, as a Brit, I have firsthand experience of this ever since our viable third option committed political suicide over a decade ago. We're stuck with two parties as well, and they're increasingly showing the same problems that the Democrats vs. the Republicans do in the States. The pattern is:
  1. "vote for us, we're better than them"
  2. "to make sure as many people vote for us as possible, we'll take bits from their platform, or make explicit compromises to widen our appeal"
  3. "progressives must still vote for us because we're still the better option even if we keep taking things from the other side, because progressives have no real option"
And that's the bind. Progressives have to vote for policies, for a platform they don't agree with, just because the alternative is worse. And most of the time - we do! Time and time and time again. On both sides of the pond! We don't ever see centrists getting dragged left to secure a vital vote. It's always progressives getting dragged right. And the second anyone points out how dumb this is, they get accused of enabling a victory for the bad guys.

Every year the Democratic Party tries this, the less people they'll get on board. Even if it's factually true that the Republicans are willing to open up the Earth's core with a megalaser if it got them a border wall with Mexico. Because these are still tricks. These are levers. Widening your platform by making it less progressive is a lever to gain votes to the right of the centre. If that's what the Democrats want to do, then that's their choice. They can do it. But they shouldn't complain when they then lose votes from the left. That's democracy, yeah? Voting for the slightly less worse party every four years as someone's life doesn't improve at all is not logical. What's logical is for that voter to stop caring. And a party that loses the trust of any voter doesn't then get to blame that voter for losing elections. Nuh-uh.

So yes, the Democrats have to try harder. Recycling the same message over and over again, particularly as they fail their progressive voters on progressive issues, ain't going to cut it.

And let's be honest. If progressives aren't a large or important enough voting bloc to make this kind of move for? Then sure, the Democrats don't have to oblige. But if progressives are that small or that unimportant in terms of voter demographics, then likewise they shouldn't be blamed for any Republican wins. It can't be had both ways. Either progressives are important enough to give a damn about their interests, and therefore their vote is relevant, or they're not, and it isn't.

I see how you see it that way, but I clearly stopped discussing the point that started on the 8th of March (I really can't be bothered seeing how many days it dragged on for), and started something else, a new argument, when replying r.e. my belief that you're browbeating voters who don't vote hard enough for Biden.

I'm saying they're separate, I'm not interested in defending whatever association you think I'm mentally dragged from a previous discussion. It was a clean break, I don't know what to tell you. You don't get to decide how I post :D I tried debating O'Donnell first - when you tagged me - and that went nowhere (much as this one did). It only came up in this newer tangent because Gori kept referring back to it. I was more happy to focus on your specific post where you blame progressive voters for not voting correctly and therefore ushering in Republican evils (tired editor's note: not the same thing as saying you're trying to change they're vote. We both agree you're not).

So let's try a clean break. Starting here:

You invoked Roe in the post where you said despite understanding progressive / leftist / whatever we're calling them voters, that this voting phenomenon (that started originally with the O'Donnell thesis) gave us all the nasty Republican things you listed (including Roe).

So there were two discussion tracks here:
  1. My opinion on O'Donnell's argument (which I thought I'd stopped discussing). I think it's bunk. I think it's too heavily reliant on a stereotype (dissatisfaction with the Democrats crosses several "single issues" and a lot of progressives care a lot about several "single issues" at once), and that it's a convenient answer for liberals and centrists in that it helps them avoid thinking about issues the Party itself has, which may or may not be difficult to address or fix.
  2. My opinion with your blaming of Republican policy on progressive voters who "abandoned Biden". I focused on your post specifically to avoid rehashing the O'Donnell topic, because I thought we'd covered it in as much depth as we were likely ever to and I felt like I wasn't going to be able to bring anything new or constructive to it.
I'm not going to bother with your "clean break" characterization. We're not going to agree on that. Note that you couldn't even stick to it in this one post and gave multiple disclaimers to that effect, despite originally claiming to want to do so. More importantly, as I've already laid out in detail, I regard this as one ongoing discussion that began with my linking the O'Donnell segment. I've continued to reference the O'Donnell segment throughout this discussion, and my focus on it, so to the extent that you are claiming you didn't know that was what I was talking about... we're not going to agree on that either.

The last thing we're not going to agree on, is your continued attempt to cast me in the role of your adversary in this topic, ie, the "centrists" or whatever "blaming" the "progressives". You keep calling me that and I'm going to keep rejecting it as a strawman. I don't accept that characterization and we aren't going to agree on it. Now, moving onto the rest of your post, which is more along the lines of what I was interested in:
"consequences don't matter" came out of the latter. The consequences matter insofar as they're "bad", but the specifics of the consequences don't matter for my disagreement (with your blame of progressive / "single issue" voters). It could be that the Republicans blew up the moon (sounds silly, but would genuinely have catastrophic consequences for life on Earth. My kid watched a science show about it). The specifics of the consequence don't matter, my read of your post as blaming progressives for those consequences was the argument. Does that follow?

I think that means "yes, in terms of the cause", but I'm not sure. We could be talking about different "causes" here.

I'm concerned about anything the Republicans achieve in the US, me being a Brit or not. It's more than concerning. But in that case yes, it looks like we're talking about the same "cause", which is good (for us both :D).

Because Democratic politicians failed to sufficiently (I wouldn't say "properly") motivate inclined voters, yes. I don't think dirty tricks are necessary. I think the problem with any form of trick, or bait and switch, or promises to codify Roe vs. Wade (going back two arguments with you, sorry, I know I said this was a clean break) is that we're in US election year, for the third time in eight years, where Trump and an increasingly fanatical GOP are the other option (and I use "option" only in its strictly most technical sense, here).

The two-party system is fundamentally broken, right? And again, as a Brit, I have firsthand experience of this ever since our viable third option committed political suicide over a decade ago. We're stuck with two parties as well, and they're increasingly showing the same problems that the Democrats vs. the Republicans do in the States. The pattern is:
  1. "vote for us, we're better than them"
  2. "to make sure as many people vote for us as possible, we'll take bits from their platform, or make explicit compromises to widen our appeal"
  3. "progressives must still vote for us because we're still the better option even if we keep taking things from the other side, because progressives have no real option"
And that's the bind. Progressives have to vote for policies, for a platform they don't agree with, just because the alternative is worse. And most of the time - we do! Time and time and time again. On both sides of the pond! We don't ever see centrists getting dragged left to secure a vital vote. It's always progressives getting dragged right. And the second anyone points out how dumb this is, they get accused of enabling a victory for the bad guys.

Every year the Democratic Party tries this, the less people they'll get on board. Even if it's factually true that the Republicans are willing to open up the Earth's core with a megalaser if it got them a border wall with Mexico. Because these are still tricks. These are levers. Widening your platform by making it less progressive is a lever to gain votes to the right of the centre. If that's what the Democrats want to do, then that's their choice. They can do it. But they shouldn't complain when they then lose votes from the left. That's democracy, yeah? Voting for the slightly less worse party every four years as someone's life doesn't improve at all is not logical. What's logical is for that voter to stop caring. And a party that loses the trust of any voter doesn't then get to blame that voter for losing elections. Nuh-uh.

So yes, the Democrats have to try harder. Recycling the same message over and over again, particularly as they fail their progressive voters on progressive issues, ain't going to cut it.

And let's be honest. If progressives aren't a large or important enough voting bloc to make this kind of move for? Then sure, the Democrats don't have to oblige. But if progressives are that small or that unimportant in terms of voter demographics, then likewise they shouldn't be blamed for any Republican wins. It can't be had both ways. Either progressives are important enough to give a damn about their interests, and therefore their vote is relevant, or they're not, and it isn't.
Again, putting all that first part I quoted aside, the rest of your post, what I've quoted immediately above, is what I'm interested in and want to digest and analyze for more discussion with you. Unfortunately, I can't respond to it all right now, so I will have to come back to it later. Anyway, again, thanks for the discussion... To be continued....

Last edited:
Is anyone going to talk about how disgusting the American exceptionalism is when it simultaneously gets “look we can’t stop giving weapons to the people killing Palestinians en masse” and “how dare you compare the political problems on the world stage with the microcosm of those same exact problems in the United States.”

Like you really think this is about roe v wade and that has no implications for the world then I think you’re purposefully downplaying the threat of being ruled by wealthy fascists with unaccountable power who are driving us towards annihilation, and you are determined to ignore as much evidence about it as possible in order to preserve your futile adoration for the mother’s milk of racist democracy. Like the worst thing that’ll happen if the right to abortion is repealed is that democrats will stop winning elections. That’s so absurd there’s not even a reply for it. You guys are cooked and you don’t even know it yet, like frogs in boiling water.

I'm not going to bother with your "clean break" characterization. We're not going to agree on that. Note that you couldn't even stick to in in this one post and gave multiple disclaimers to that effect, despite originally claiming to want to do so.
If you don't believe the words I say, any discussion is meaningless and I'd appreciate it if you didn't string me along :)
I've continued to reference the O'Donnell segment throughout this discussion, and my focus on it, so to the extent that you are claiming you didn't know that was what I was talking about... we're not going to agree on that either.
I didn't say anything about me not knowing. I said I intentionally ended one tangent, and however many days later, started another discussion with you, on a similar (even related) topic. That's my choice. I get to do that. You don't get to tell me otherwise. It's not a matter of agreement, it is once again you taking something the wrong way, and instead of reflecting on why you keep doing this, deciding to just blame the other poster. Admittedly, it keeps things simpler. So I guess I should just do the same.
The last thing we're not going to agree on, is your continued attempt to cast me in the role of your adversary in this topic, ie, the "centrists" or whatever "blaming" the "progressives". You keep calling me that and I'm going to keep rejecting it as a strawman. I don't accept that characterization and we aren't going to agree on it. Now, moving onto the rest of your post, which is more along the lines of what I was interested in:
I don't consider you a centrist. I consider you left-of-centre. Idealistic, perhaps, to the point of bloody-mindedness. But regardless of labels, yes, you explicitly blamed voters for some "#AbandonBiden" thing (you used the hashtag, nobody else did except to reference your post) that then caused all these bad Republican actions like the repealing of Roe vs. Wade. That is what you did, in this post that apparently linking to isn't enough, so I'm going to save us both some time and quote it (again):
All of which goes back to the vicious cycle we discussed previously. Democrats' voters will #AbandonBiden them if their one main issue doesn't advance/happen, while Republican voters stay faithful through thick and thin, in the hope that someday, somehow, the stars will align and their team will deliver on one big issue... that's how we end up with Roe overturned, the Voting Rights Act gutted, affirmative action banned, etc... and that's how we are going to end up with Obergefell overturned, another Muslim ban, the return of the Soviet Union/Russian Empire, a second Partition in Israel instead of India, not to mention what is going to happen with climate change.

It's disheartening, but what can you do... I fully understand the reasons folks are declaring that they refuse to vote for Biden, based on one or two issues that are really important to them.
You are blaming voters for "abandoning Biden" and therefore allowing Republican victories. This is what your words mean. You are assigning blame. That if these voters just voted better, or harder, or whatever, these things wouldn't have happened.

To which my conclusion is, at this point, exhausted of all patience for this petty little parade you keep trying to drag me through:

Grow up.

Better yet, spend your energy convincing the party you care for to do a better job, because you're doing an absolutely terrible job of whatever it is you want to be doing here. Calling out "contradictions", exploring peoples' opinions . . . whatever it is, you're failing at it. So yeah, good luck with it. Just like how the previous tangent ended, I think you're going to need it.

Well, now that the smoke has cleared, I think we can all agree that if Republicans blow up the moon, it's progressives' fault.

Last edited:
It's also not really true as written. Liberals are liberals and not leftists because they refuse to let go of childish illusions like the "free market" and "bipartisanship". A lot of Democrat voters are depressingly delusional.
And they refuse to let go of naive interpretations of electoral politics as well.

Well, now that the smoke has cleared, I think we can all agree that if Republicans blow up the moon, it's progressives' fault.
Oh I’m sure the democrats would happily rubber stamp such a thing if the republicans explained the moon had weapons of mass destruction.

There must be a lot of voters on each side rolling their eyes over the antics of their so-called (literally) peers.
I mean considering how popular Trump is with the Republican base, there really isn't.

In relation to stuff like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025 Kermit the Frog would be the sensible choice.
I am not entirely convinced that the Republicans will actually go through with this when elected.

But for the sake of argument lets say they are. What is your plan to stop this? "Well I'll vote Biden". Cool, what about Project 2029? Like this isn't going to go away if Biden wins. Your strategy can't be "the Democrats will have to win the election forever otherwise Fascism wins forever" that is a losing strategy.

Voting in that scenario is the equivalent of writing to the mayor to increase funding to the fire department when the wildfire is right at your doorstep. Either get out of dodge or fight like hell.

Oh I’m sure the democrats would happily rubber stamp such a thing if the republicans explained the moon had weapons of mass destruction.
Biden has cleverly destroyed the moon before the Republicans were able to score a major political victory against them.

Top Bottom