Will Trump Ultimately Be A Good Thing?

I thought the offshoring of labor to hostile regimes was still in the realm of domestic labor's interests, but I could be wrong.

What is your actual argument about offshoring? Trump stopped it? No he didn't, e.g.

Saying "China bad" while the offshoring continues is exactly the kind of hypocritical culture war bullfeathers i'm referring to.

I would also point out that the actual core of Trump's support, so far as anyone can tell, is the petty bourgeois, not the working class. Which is in keeping with fascists and proto-fascists down through history. The core of their support generally comes from the segments of the petty bourgeois who are most anxious about losing the little stake in the system they have. In Trump's case it's more people who are anxious about cultural change than actually vulnerable to declassing though there is also an element of those folks being materially squeezed between the demands of actual working-class people and the voracious greed of the big capitalists in an environment of slowed growth.

Poway
I would also point out that the actual core of Trump's support, so far as anyone can tell, is the petty bourgeois, not the working class. Which is in keeping with fascists and proto-fascists down through history. The core of their support generally comes from the segments of the petty bourgeois who are most anxious about losing the little stake in the system they have. In Trump's case it's more people who are anxious about cultural change than actually vulnerable to declassing though there is also an element of those folks being materially squeezed between the demands of actual working-class people and the voracious greed of the big capitalists in an environment of slowed growth.
Powah to the proletariat!!!

You live in the UK now buddy. I wouldn't attempt to gotcha someone living in Ohio lol.
If I have a question for you I'll be sure to tag you

Nasty, mistrustful people, deluded to various degrees, often didn't feel safe talking to them.
Unsafe how, like they'll physically attack you?

That explains a lot. Enough to make this conversation stupid to waste time on, in all reality.

Have you? What was your experience?
Yeah, you know, they do like Trump, but they’re not mindless cultists and they are pissed about a social-cultural-economic moment that is way, way, way bigger than just Trump and is not going away especially if their man got martyred.

In many ways they do not actually consider Trump ideal but they appreciate his willingness to lay it on the line.

As I see it, Trump has laid the foundations to allow these people to relate to each other for years to come and anyone following in his footsteps doesn’t have to measure up, they just need to rally their comrades.

Some republicans might be through with him but they are in the withering minority; by and large he has shaped the Republican Party into a new form more responsive to its base than ever before and articulated the ideology of the new base so clearly that imitators will not be pale, they will be successful. Such is the paradigm shift.

Unsafe how, like they'll physically attack you?

Only a couple of times (did I feel that way). Usually just more like a sense that they might suddenly start screaming in rage.

That explains a lot. Enough to make this conversation stupid to waste time on, in all reality.

ThE rEaL bIgOtS aRe CoAsTaL lIbErAls

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator Action: Temp lock on this thread while folks take a bit of a breather. Will reopen soon. Cheers - lymond

Moderator Action: Several posts deleted. Please remain civil. Thread reopened.

Last edited:
Trump has support, I've seen it but idk I have also recently seen that the judges have warned him to refrain the way he speaks. It's just sad that he has legal issues otherwise he would've been a good candidate. The other Republicans don't really stand out like Ted Cruz who got a beer can thrown at once.

Farm Boy have you ever spoken to a Trump voter before? Even a single time, perhaps...? Sincere question. I just wonder where you get your notion of Trump voters from.
:confused: That's an odd question... you're talking to a farmer who lives in the American Midwest. Ironically, it would have almost made more sense to ask him if he'd ever spoken to anyone who was NOT a Trump voter... that's how strange your question is...

@Farm Boy is in a better position to speak knowledgeably and anecdotally about Trump voters than almost anyone else on this forum.

Last edited:
It's just sad that he has legal issues otherwise he would've been a good candidate.

'Legal issues'...

Trump is facing 91 charges across 4 criminal cases.
Combined they carry a maximum sentence of +600 years in prison, if he is convicted on all counts.

Top Bottom