Resource Limit Notice

I have a simple (I hope) question:

Is it possible to adjust (by myself) the frequency of resources appearance on the map?
Simply, can I change some values/numbers/data/files to get MORE resources (I mean existing
in the game, not new ones) on my maps? What about goody huts?

I think changes to frequency of resources is done in the CIV4BonusInfos.xml file in the XML/Terrain folder. I don't know what all the tags are but maybe the Modiki can help.

I think changes to frequency of resources is done in the CIV4BonusInfos.xml file in the XML/Terrain folder. I don't know what all the tags are but maybe the Modiki can help.

Thank you for the ansewer. I asked Modiki :) and she (?) said: Yes, WE CAN! :p

Thank you for the ansewer. I asked Modiki :) and she (?) said: Yes, WE CAN! :p

Look up to the top of this page. There is a link to Modiki. In there, go to XML section of Civilization IV. After that, it should be self-explanatory.

Look up to the top of this page. There is a link to Modiki. In there, go to XML section of Civilization IV. After that, it should be self-explanatory.

OK. One more time:

I asked Modiki and she (?) said: Yes, WE CAN! = I visited the Modiki page and found all information I needed.

But, thanks for taking care :)

OK. One more time:

I asked Modiki and she (?) said: Yes, WE CAN! = I visited the Modiki page and found all information I needed.

But, thanks for taking care :)

:grin: Glad you enjoyed your little metaphor trip :lol:.
Actually, I'm glad you found help from Modiki :D.

Sigh.. This Thread is scary... All the work I might have to do with the build-able resource mod, I use/created. I will have to create a hundred more icon/buildings. I think my build-able thing may make it easier to bypass the restriction amounts though.

@Afforess

I am not sure if this is the right thread but what is the status of the "Goods" system?

It's viewable on his 'todo' list... but seeing as how he is rather busy on the debugging/side mod creating, i'm betting it's slow. Plus on top of that he needs to figure out a way to put it in the game before he can start coding.

@Afforess

Please do not forget about this. I know there are lots of other mods you want to do before this but I don't want to you get distracted with new ideas and forget this. I for one would like to mod off this. And I know some other would like to as well.

In short please get this up and running so other modders like myself can start modding your mod.

This is very tentative, and I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too much, but it seems that the Resource Bug has been fixed, by one of Sephi's posts that I missed. Anyway, my early tests show that adding and subtracting resources seems to be working fine. There may or may not be a further limit on the number of resources. The "fix" will be in beta6.

I have a simple (I hope) question:

Is it possible to adjust (by myself) the frequency of resources appearance on the map?
Simply, can I change some values/numbers/data/files to get MORE resources (I mean existing
in the game, not new ones) on my maps? What about goody huts?

I know that on the ROM PerfectWorld2 maps it is adjustable. There is a tag called bonusbonus with 1 = normal. I sometimes set it to 1.3 or 1.4 for more resources.

Afforess, adding resources still messes font icons (I was just doing some experiments).
Clearly, It can't be done unless font system are abolished. :rolleyes:
Anyway, RoM already had too many resources.. I still think resource axing is needed.

Top Bottom