1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Civilizations in Abundance

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Jarkov, Nov 26, 2010.

1. inohotep

inohotep Slender Time!

i know what independents do, thanks for the explanation on the extra civs(sad though, i thought i might have stumbled upon RFCsuper-abundance)
    but if it isn't the thing thats @#!&%ing up my RFCabundance, what is? (i downloaded the same file twice,so its not the wrong file)

2. constantinople

constantinople not Istanbul

I always fail as playing Germany, all my troops just get massacred by a huge Austrian force. However, I like the idea of a later spawn date.

You shouldn't add Australia as a civ, they got their independence in 1901 or so. You would only have 100 turns to when the historical victory.
    Canada would be nice, but they would be too close to America. It also would make America's job of kicking out the Europeans much easier.
    Brazil would be a nice civ to add, but there is too many jungles near by, so there isn't much room to settle.

One more thing - the civolapedia is kind of sloppy from all the minor civs.

3. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Moderator

I don't see why Canada's being close to America means anything. Europe is so compact it seems like open country in America(Well, it is.) As for Brazil, how about part of their unique power is to be able to found cities over jungles? If not, then settlers can just clear out the areas. Portugal gets a nice slice of Brazil without having to do that, however.

As for time, I've wanted to see it extended for a little bit longer for a while myself, lol.

4. great.taurus

great.taurus Chieftain

As far as Australia's spawn date goes, their self rule began in 1850 - although still a part of the British Empire (i.e. a vassal). If gaining independence by a certain time was one of their UHV requirements, an 1850 spawn would make way more sense than a 1901 spawn date. This would give them ~150 turns for their UHV, which is in line with civs like Egypt.

And, well, I'd like to see decolonisation represented in game - I think Australia, Brazil and Canada are the most necesssary choices (largely beacause they cover huge map areas and cant be approximated by other civs).

5. constantinople

Tyo, I mean that America will easily overwhelm Canada with armies and culture. Plus Europeans will have a lot of colonies in Canada already. Not to mention America will settle in Canada already. I'm not saying it shouldn't be added, I'm just saying it would be hard to play as them.

Good idea about Brazil.
    Starting Year: 1810
    UP: The Power of the Amazon: Cities can be founded on jungles and provide +1 :)
    UHV 1: Allow no European Colonies in South America in 1945
    UHV 2: Be the largest empire in the Americas in 1950
    UHV 3: Conrtol or gain via trade 5 resources of spices and/or sugar in 1970
    UB: Museum of Language (library)
    UU: B.O.P.E. (machine gun)
    Trade: 3
    Production: 3
    Culture: 2
    Growth: 4
    Start: 2

@great.taurus, keep in mind it's hard to gain independence as a vassal. I do agree that it would be cool to watch European lose colonies. Unless your playing as them.

Australia
    Starting Year: 1850
    UP: The Power of the Outback: All cities have +2:food: and +1:hammers:
    UHV 1: Gain independence by 1920
    UHV 2: Control New Zealand by 1950
    UHV 3: Never lose a city to England or Japan before 1960
    UB: Rugbee/Football Stadium (broadcast tower)
    UU: Australian Imperial Forces (marine)
    Trade: 3
    Production: 3
    Growth: 4
    Start: 4

6. constantinople

Kazakhstan
    Starting Year: 400 BC/600 AD
    UP: Power of the Silk Road: All units can explore enemy lands
    UHV 1: Raze 5 cities
    UHV 2: Control Persia, Mesopotamia, and the Persian Gulf in 1240 AD
    UHV 3: Never lose a city to Mongolia or Russia before 1900 AD
    Trade: 5
    Production: 2
    Culture: 1
    Growth: 2
    Start: 4

7. Tyo

Their spawn and joining cities can be around Quebec and Ontario. That way they have a nice amount of territory. I barely ever see a foriegn city west of Ontario, besides one or two British ones. Besides Vancouver, It's rare.

I like all except for that. Isn't that a bit easy? It's just one or two cities, after all. Maybe control New Zealand, New Guinea, and all of Australia by this date?

8. constantinople

In my games, England almost always controls Vancouver.

I would settle for New Zealand and Australia. Get it? SETTLE, LIKE SETTLING CITIES!!! Corny joke.

9. Tyo

I suppose that could do, but when you look at Russia's having to colonize Siberia with seven cities(Not sure if it's this mod, lol.), it just seems kind of easy. Especially when Oceana is a pretty uncontested area.

10. IrishDragon

IrishDragon Legend

What about making Australias spawn be conditional on the British (or whatever colonial civ is there) power and/or happiness. So they will only spawn if British military strength is relatively low compared to other powers or the cities are unhappy after a certain date.
    Maybe if the player chooses from the start to play them they could have a fixed start date and victory conditions, otherwise have it conditional

11. trexeric

trexeric (or backwards 'cirexert')

If anyone hasn't come up with the idea, I have an idea for Venezuela:

Venezuela
    Starting Year: 1810
    Leader(s): Simon Bolivar
    UHV 1: Allow no American/European colonies in the South/Central America in 1850
    UHV 2: Control northern South America and Central America by 1900
    UHV 3: Allow no American/European Colonies in South/Central America in 1950
    UP: Power of Independence: You can encourage vassals of other nations to become independent
    UU: VE-NILANGAL; Replaces Mechanized Infantry; +25% vs gunpowder units, +25% chance of aircraft interception, +25% vs armored units
    UB: Oil Refinery; Replaces Factory; +25% health per oil resource, +1 happiness per oil resource
    Trade: 1
    Production: 4
    Growth: 3
    Start: 2

12. momo1000

momo1000 Chieftain

Venezuela should probably be Gran Colombia if the leader is Simon Bolivar

13. inohotep

inohotep Slender Time!

:agree:
    and all the UHVs are colonization orriented and mechanized infantry is way too late to make a difference in anything

14. momo1000

momo1000 Chieftain

A U.U. for G. Colombia could be the Libertador (Cavalry with extra strength)

15. CanadianRuckus

CanadianRuckus Chieftain

I was really excited to play this mod but every time i try to extract it i get a crc error on every single file?
    Any idea how to solve this problem? this has happened a few times i gave up a while ago but came back after seeing you made some improvements and figured it was worth asking.

16. phoenix_sprite

phoenix_sprite Chieftain

Hey Jarkov, are you still actively reading this thread? Have you update the mod so it includes the turn value besides the date required for the HG?

17. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

Try extracting it to your desktop and then manually placing it in the MOD-folder.
    Worked for me with RFC Europe

18. CanadianRuckus

CanadianRuckus Chieftain

i tried extracting it to the mods folder in "my games" not program files but that didnt work i'll try extrakting to dektop when i get home thanks for the help

ps. i dont remeber having any trouble extracting rfc europe then again it was a while ago

could it be my archiver?

19. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

honestly... I know very little of computers ;) I knew this solution because it was told to me on CFC :p

20. CanadianRuckus

CanadianRuckus Chieftain

There we go i just needed winrar rather than winzip problem solved..... i think