1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Civilizations in Abundance

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Jarkov, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Jarkov

Jarkov Chieftain

@ J. pride:

The Fatimids, or rather, an arabic Egypt, aren't off the table, but very likely to be introduced later.

2. J. pride

J. pride Chieftain

Oh, thats perfectly fine; u have ur priorities on who to add first. I just thought that Fatimids were totally out of question

3. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Are you going to add more resources to compensate for so many more civs?

4. Jarkov

Jarkov Chieftain

Probably not in the next update, I'll have to test the new civs a bit in order to see if they (or the old ones) need more resources.

5. Nolan08

Nolan08 Chieftain

Is Varietas Delectat or some sort of cultural variety mod going to be added to the next update?

6. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

that was mentioned earlier

7. youtien

youtien Lyricist

The Sumerian is not fun. Tech: priesthood - writing, Build a warrior to explore, grow to 3 then settler, then 2 Vultures(Use stone and 2 plain forest), you can get 2 in 10 turns. 2nd settler build a city, but don't defend - let it be razed, so you remain 1 city and won't be flipped by Babylonians. Then build Oracle and bulb Alphabet - win. The UB has no use.

8. youtien

youtien Lyricist

Zulu UHV is bugged: got 3rd(acquire 5 European cities) pretty early and it's not 5; 1st (3 cities in South Africa) didn't work.

9. great.taurus

great.taurus Chieftain

I agree, Sumeria still needs heavy tweaking.

They are worth having - just understandably difficult to implement due to Babylon.

10. Jarkov

Jarkov Chieftain

The Zulu-UHV has some weird issues that I have yet to find (although at least it doesn't keep you from winning). I actually don't have that much of a problem with the Sumerian UHV. I know that it is pretty easy, but most of the early civ's UHVs are. E.g. the Egytian UHV, or the former Babylonian UHV, which were also pretty easy to reach.
    If there are suggestions how to make the Sumerian UHVs more challenging, I'll gladly hear them and implement them.

11. great.taurus

great.taurus Chieftain

I'll play around with it for a bit, see if I can wrangle something fun, and less deterministic :D

12. ozqar

ozqar Chieftain

Hey, could it be possible to take Greece out of the Byzantine spawn area? It's not cool to see a relatively stable Greece be destroyed just because.

Also, if I were playing as Greece I'd like to be able to survive to present day, and I'm not sure if that's possible.

13. Jarkov

Jarkov Chieftain

It's possible, if the human is playing Greece, it won't be automatically destroyed (but still severely damaged, at least if you're not prepared).

14. phoenix_sprite

phoenix_sprite Chieftain

I replayed as the celts to see how things would go. I still didn't get the first historical requirement. I founded Lugdunum instead of Nemausos (1N) and Victoriae Iulio...something (2E) of (Untia?) on the posted picture. All of my cities were in the historical area, or is Sinope in Anatolia not counted?

15. Jarkov

Jarkov Chieftain

Try it with a city one S of Sinope, maybe that's it. I'm really sorry, I'll publish some kind of Atlas to avoid stuff like this in the future.

16. IrishDragon

IrishDragon Legend

Just wondering will all these be available in the 3000BC start? Looking forward to the update, especially Indonesia

17. BenZL43

BenZL43 Physician - still can't spell this correctly.

We will have Indonesia Civs?
    great!
    Btw, may I know the starting date is? haha

18. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

I'd like to suggest the following UHV's for the Mughals:
    - Build the Taj Mahal and acquire a certain amount of wealth. (the wealth represents the Peacock throne. It's currently lost but estimated value is € 700.000.000)
    - be the first to discover representation (As the Mughals had a very organized government)
    - Don't allow any european city's in India

The Mughal Empire was founded in 1526. this would be a logical spawn date.
    You could use the UU and UP of SoI... I played the Mughal there, but I honestly don't remember what they were :confused:

For Italy. it was founded as a whole nation in 1861.
    Maybe the UHV's together rebuild the Roman Empire?
    UU: The cabanieri as a substitute for the riflemen/infantry. The corps was founded in 1815 but is only incorporated in the army in 2000.
    I can't think about an appropriate for Italy.

I'm looking forward to the update!

19. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

you hardly ever get Europeans in India though, if that was a UHV there would need to be some kind of conquest event

20. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

Yeah, that's true... there could be a conquest event that represents the English conquest of India. (the Portuguese arrived in 1510, before the founding of the mughal empire) This conquest could start around 1617 when the English received there first trading rights of the Mughal, or around 1757 when the british won the battle of Plassey which gave them the control of Bengal.

ABout the Poruguese presence in India. Maybe it is an idea to have some, relatively strong, independent cities in India to represent this presence..