RFC desktop shortcut

Capello_Moderno

Chieftain
Greeting [/forum user/] of the [/RFC forum/], may your empire grow only slightly less magnificent than mine and may the peace last until there is no more room to expand. I mean this sincerily.

Pleasantries aside, I have a quick question - how do I make Ye olde RFC desktoppe shorcut for ye olde windows xp contraption-thingy? surely there's a way to bypass loading the BTS module if I'm really going to be playing RFC? :think:

Thank you in advance!

I made a desktop shortcut of the single saves folder, and just click on the last game I saved. If I'm playing a new game, I go to the smallest file for quick loading.

Make a copy of you BtS shortcut, goto properties, target, and make it look like this:

"youdrive\and folders\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

Rename it and enjoy

First tip pretty good except that you'd have to change it back to play Civ4 BTS, tip 2 very good as well, but tip 3 is just plain rock n' roll tech-savvy convenience! I shall do as suggested presently

Thanks all :trophy2:

I solved my problem with always saving my game as "CurrentGame.*" and put a shortcut into my Start menu. Clicking on the shortcut automatically loads RFC before loading the actual save.

Since I have a separate hardware profile and windows user for Civ, I sometimes move the shortcut into the Autostart folder. This makes it very quick to reboot and get the game running again! (Good to do once in a while at the later stages of the game. The alternate hardware profile has no network and no anti virus messing in the background, creating potential problems and delaying reboot.)

Call this thread the mini strategy guide to winning the UHV of generating a quick way to access RFC without Stonehenge.:lol:

This program here is by far the best. It will load up a little application that scans your folders for mods. All you then do is pick which mod you want and you're done.

It can even remember the last mod you chose and highlight it first ;)

Civ IV mod chooser

Call this thread the mini strategy guide to winning the UHV of generating a quick way to access RFC without Stonehenge.

With Stonehenge this UHV is a walkover.. I've got the Great Wall at hand and it works great for keeping barbarians out of my fridge :food: but it really isn't much use in making a RFC shorcut

With Stonehenge this UHV is a walkover.. I've got the Great Wall at hand and it works great for keeping barbarians out of my fridge :food: but it really isn't much use in making a RFC shorcut
Have you considered reading post #8 in this thread? It holds the key to your shortcut ;)

Top Bottom