<City>Zenta</City>
<City>Tihany</City>
<City>Torda</City>
<City>Szentes</City>
<City>Bihar</City>
</Cities>

PS: Don't forget we can use all Latin-1 characters now in the city names

I know. Don't worry about that. ;)

EDIT: Something came in between, so I didn't have the time last evening. I'll try to do it this evening. (If nothing will come in between this time ;))

Hey guys!! I've been really busy with college for the past year or two so haven't been active but I wanted to get back into rfce with the 1.1 patch! (looks great by the way). I downloaded it, extracted it, copy pasted into mods (my BTS is a folder within civ4 under program files), but I'm having problems when I go to load it.

When I simply do load mod, nothing happens, it just closes the client. When I go to private maps same thing. If I load it from the original location I get a popup saying mod is in the wrong location and this weird bug.

Anyway any advice on how to load it properly would be much appreciated! I can't wait to try the new mod.

http://postimage.org/image/ayhdmt90r/

EDIT: I was on ver 3.17... dangit.

I'm currently playing as Byzantine. I conquered Jerusalem and other Arab cities and purged islam out of them early in the game. It seems that I have managed to disable the crusade event somehow, because it's 13th century already and I haven't seen any catholic AI stacks spawning near Jerusalem.

I'm currently playing as Byzantine. I conquered Jerusalem and other Arab cities and purged islam out of them early in the game. It seems that I have managed to disable the crusade event somehow, because it's 13th century already and I haven't seen any catholic AI stacks spawning near Jerusalem.

Crusades don't happen if Christians hold Jerusalem- which I assume you did.

Crusades don't happen if Christians hold Jerusalem- which I assume you did.

Yes, I did so. I just thought that with islam gone the catholics would choose orthodoxy as the new target.

Crusades didn't happen, but the catholics were constantly at my throat. First, the Venetians. After losing 2 cities to me they collapsed. The Genoans also declared on me, but nothing happened in this war and eventually the peace was made. The next one to declare war on me was Poland. But I guess that Hungary volunteering as my vassal aggravated them more than religious differences. Poland capitulated after losing Krakow. Then Germany declared on me. Again, they probably hated Poland and Hungary being my vassals more than religious differences. After Germany's collapse it was France's and Burgundy's turn.

Genoa and Venice likely declare war on Byzantium, especially if they can grab a crusade
This is historical and nice for gameplay

In this game you have - holding Jerusalem with an orthodox civ - there are no crusades called, obviously
So no army the maritime republics can buy over, thus their wars are usually powerless
On the other hand, a crusading army near Constantinople is deadly

This only happens because the city name maps are not updated yet
Will work correctly right after the Pope (or the crusade leader) has a proper city name for the target spot

That's for you AbsintheRed
Spoiler :

That's my vassal capturing your home, and because of that he collapsed

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0052.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0052.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 1,001
Hehe, thanks :)
I see Poland and you as Venice are also for Hungarian territories
Leave them a chance for god's sake :lol:

I didn't want any war with Hungary. Actually there was a lasting friendship and alliance between me (Venice), Hungary and Germany (but it seems this alliance wasn't so true between Germany and Hungary). Bulgaria was my vassal since the beggining when they wanted me to make them survive the furious Byzantine.

As a smart Venice, I joined the wars of Germany, Hungary and Burgundy. I was already expecting to vassalize Genoa, and maybe Hungary if possible. But with this unexpected bulgarian request, and Hungary being good on its own, we only became close partners: Germany expanded to Poland, Hungary tried to expand to Kievan Rus' and for me I had the whole eastern mediterranean. Burgundy joined my list of partners after they declared war on France, as Hungary was already at war with them and, if that wasn't enough, Genoa had asked to be my vassal just before losing its capital to indys, which in turn were captured by France soon after (leaving a french enclave in Liguria and Lombardy). When Burgundy conquered Genoa they collapsed and its ownership passed to my vassal Genoa. Hungary then conquered Milan from France.

We were close allies, but when Hungary couldn't do anything else they declared war on Germany, when we were already sharing Defensive Pacts (me and Germany and me and Hungary). So I had to enter a war against them.

Poland got that city, lost it some time later and reconquered it after that. Bulgaria (my vassal) was crushing Hungary when I made peace with them. No more war between us, and Bulgaria collapsed soon after.

I think the AI has no idea what it'll face when declaring war. Upon declaring war against Germany they got 6 enemies in a single move:
Germany with Poland and Lithuania as vassals
Venice with Genoa and Bulgaria as vassals
And that happened just after a failed war against Austria (Austria took Kanizsa - TO HQ - and lost vienna, but then hungary reconquered kanizsa and lost vienna, so it was a lost war).

BTW, I have no idea how Austria survived both Germany with vassals assault (they took Prague only) and Hungarian assault (as for me, I entered the war because of alliance but didn't make a single move against Austria, and I think my vassals didn't make anything as well)

Actually it's quite right. It would be wrong if the ottomans weren't kicking all our asses.

Then you would say: But that's exactly what I said!

Indeed, the only thing is that the Ottomans had just spawned with more then 50% of my army stationed in Constantinople, and a surviving (and strong, don't ask me how) successor byzantine state (with its capital soon moved somewhere in anatolia I never cared to know where) about 130 years ago.

So they did exactly what they should do: expand against the remaining anatolian byzantine (smyrna didn't flip at the spawn because at that time that was the byzantine capital, but they took it soon after) and the indies and barbs in the region.

130 years later they were still doing this. After this pic my vassal Bulgaria collapsed and the Ottomans exploited this marvelous situation to conquer the indies of the region. When they finally took about 4 cities there, and had a huge army rdy to attack me (they made a DP with Austria :crazyeye:), I won with the successful colonization of the Gold Coast. If not the ottomans would be kicking all our asses (or maybe Germany would turn to be a jackass and forget about the ottomans to conquer my rich lands).

But yeah, they could have fared better against the indies and barbs in anatolia and levant. After the byz there was nothing else left there. Btw, byz was so strong when ottomans spawned, that a huge arabia (strecthing to tunis) was the exarchate of arabia (and that was a europe-less byz)

Swedish start. AI Germany has vassalized Poland, France, and Austria, and already has enough population (32%) for Domination (requirement 30%).

This is just one of the reasons Prussia needs to be added.

Interesting
In most of my games, Germany isn't strong enough
(altough I didn't run any Swedish starts since the latest balance changes, to be honest)
Is it the trend with the latest versions that Germany get's overpowered for the endgame?

Interesting
In most of my games, Germany isn't strong enough
(altough I didn't run any Swedish starts since the latest balance changes, to be honest)
Is it the trend with the latest versions that Germany get's overpowered for the endgame?

I just had a Dutch start, and Germany collapsed. South Germany was split between Denmark and Austria, and the rest stayed indie. Also, Burgundy vassalized France and starting moving in and conquering Iberia. However, when I flipped their cities in Holland they collapsed.
England also stayed catholic, which means they kept declaring war on me. Needless to say, I couldn't work my sea tiles because of their superior navy. I just gave up. Hungary was conquered by Austria, Norway was Orthodox (a common occurrence I've found), and Venice collapsed.

I'll try this Dutch game for the first time to see what happens and tell you guys what I've found.

BTW the initial text of the Dutch says: ...become the most wealthiest...
So a grammar fix is needed

I'll try this Dutch game for the first time to see what happens and tell you guys what I've found.

BTW the initial text of the Dutch says: ...become the most wealthiest...
So a grammar fix is needed

Well, if we're gonna be nitpicky, I believe Poland's 1st UHV goal happens after their 2nd or 3rd.

I've never seen such a disastrous European situation before.

Dutch start in 1580AD.

Least impacting situations: Denmark and Norway have found Protestantism and are Catholics, have a city in Scotland and one in the northwestern isle above it and share equally the scandinavian peninsula with Sweden.

Now, the horrors:

Super Cordoba is on! It has Spain, Portugal and France as vassals. Spain has some northwestern territory in Iberia, some atlantic isles, some cities in shared France and 2 cities in Apulia, Portugal is only Porto and some atlantic isles and France has 3 cities in its territory and the Levant. Cordoba has most of Iberia, some french territory and 3 cities in morocco.

Monster Germany is the ruler of the universe. It has Burgundy and Genoa as vassals. Burgundy is Marseilles and Thessalonica, Genoa is its capitol plus corsica and sardinia. Its territory streches from France (shared with Cordoba, Spain, Burgundy and France) to Poland (shared with Lithuania). They got Paris and Wien.

The Grand Duchy of Lithuania is huge. It has some of Poland, Muscovy and Kievan. It's almost as big as Muscovy.

I've never seen such a big and powerful Venetia. It's almost as big as me when I played with them and won. The rest of austria is its vassal. It streches from Firense to Crete, with most of the greek peninsula.

Arabia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Poland, Kievan and Byzantium are no more. And what's one of the strangest things: Ottomans are dead, they never got Constantinopolis (or it was taken from them, now it's indie, and it's the HQ of Medici Bank).

And now the best: From Fes to Damieta, North Africa is Independent! And the jewel of this situation is depicted below:
Spoiler :

It seems nobody has ever conquered this piece of land

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0059.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0059.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 1,597
Top Bottom