RFCEurope 1.1

You guys misunderstand how militarism works
+1 stability on city conquest, that's ok
But the no stability penalty for cities under occupation means that you won't get stability penalty if another civ holds your core or natural areas
Foreign culture in your cities will still cause stability problems

About Imperialism:
I also don't like that it's capped (IIRC it is at cap 12 currently)
Also, it should work as intended now. So not for cities built in less than natural provinces, but cities held there
AFAIK it dynamically changes, as it should
Will look into it though

Understanding the cap is 12 and not 6 makes more sense. And the fact you fixed it makes it a lot more useful.

And I don't think that militarism works for people occupying YOUR cities is that clear.

Since the beginning of the game is often about expanding your territory through founding new cities and the later part of the game is about conquering cities the civics should reflect this. Imperialism should be available eary, perhaps since Vassalage/Feudalism and Militarism since Proffessional Army.

Edit: The names could also be changed. Imperialism could be Empire. Colonialism could be Imperialism.

Understanding the cap is 12 and not 6 makes more sense. And the fact you fixed it makes it a lot more useful.

I meant that it was fixed since my post (which Spirictum quoted)
Will look into it again, but AFAIK it works correctly since 1.0, or at least since 1.1

And I don't think that militarism works for people occupying YOUR cities is that clear.

Yeah, it's not clear at all
To be honest, I also thought for a while that Occupation means cities you conquered, not cities conquered in your territory
I changed the help/tooltip texts for it recently, but somehow it still doesn't show up the way I wanted it

Why is Crimea an Border/Outer/Contested province for the Norse?

It's connected to the Varangians:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangians
I'm not totally sure why this province was chosen to represent their influence in the area
Settling Crimea was even part of the Norse UHV at one point
Might be changed to some other province, it doesn't really matters IMO

It's connected to the Varangians:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangians
I'm not totally sure why this province was chosen to represent their influence in the area
Settling Crimea was even part of the Norse UHV at one point
Might be changed to some other province, it doesn't really matters IMO

Especially since the Norse have an amazing stability and can settle nearly anywhere they want. I've seen a Viking Armenia before.

I meant that it was fixed since my post (which Spirictum quoted)
Will look into it again, but AFAIK it works correctly since 1.0, or at least since 1.1

I supposed it was still 6 because Caliom's stability guide was still telling this up to my last game played at least (I'm not having much time for civ for a time). But with Imperialism capped and Militarism not I still can't see someone that wants to expand prefer the former to the latter. That's something I think needs some changes, after Farriers, and a proper moment, I get Militarism forever, with all the civs I've already played (and this only excludes the Dutch, possibly the only one I would adopt Colonialism or something). It would be nice to make useful strategies with the other expansion civics

I supposed it was still 6 because Caliom's stability guide was still telling this up to my last game played at least (I'm not having much time for civ for a time). But with Imperialism capped and Militarism not I still can't see someone that wants to expand prefer the former to the latter. That's something I think needs some changes, after Farriers, and a proper moment, I get Militarism forever, with all the civs I've already played (and this only excludes the Dutch, possibly the only one I would adopt Colonialism or something). It would be nice to make useful strategies with the other expansion civics

All the expansion civics are too... bad of choices. Historically, most countries were a mixture. Imperialism and Militarism seems redundant. Colonialism is, for gameplay, pretty lame. Perhaps give militarism no turns of revolt after a city is conquered like the Bulgarians? Give colonialism a colony bonus? The vassal civic should probably just be thrown out altogether; it doesn't amount to the others.

Okay, I downloaded the mod, extracted the RFCEurope_1.1 folder, moved it to my Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods section, started the game, clicked the corresponding button in the "Load Mod" section, and what did the game do? Essentially nothing: I see the starting screen (with the exception of the name "RFCEurope_1.1" in the upper-right-hand corner). There is a "Europe" map, but there are no new leaderheads or anything; IDK if that's from unmodded BTS or from the mod.

Also, I tried going to both Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps and Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEurope_1.1\RFCEurope\PrivateMaps to click on the "Europe" and "RFCEurope" maps, respectively. However, I end up back on the starting menu. My computer prompts me to open with the .exe (or whatever it is) that opens up the game regularly. If that doesn't work, what else should I open it with?

So, the final questions are: How am I supposed to install this mod properly? Should I rename anything or whatnot? Failing to load the mod from the game itself, what map should I click on to open said mod? If so, with what program?

* Yes, I have BTS 3.19

** As you can probably tell, I am very bad when it comes to installing CIV mods.:(

Nevermind. My problem was that I didn't copy the folder RFCEurope. Instead, I copied the folder Windows made in order to extract the former folder into, and thought that was the actual mod.

The double-starred point still stands, evidently.

After all these years, why do you guys still have the same LH for Abu Bakr and Abd-ar-Rahman III, when there are SO much better LH's out there, just look at Sword of Islam. You've changed Fredrick Barbarossa like 5 times, but its the same terrible looking LH's for those two.

Also the "new" Al-Andalus Dawn of Man text, is riddled with typos, and spelling errors, I suggest you revise it.

After all these years, why do you guys still have the same LH for Abu Bakr and Abd-ar-Rahman III, when there are SO much better LH's out there, just look at Sword of Islam. You've changed Fredrick Barbarossa like 5 times, but its the same terrible looking LH's for those two.

It's the matter of taste
I don't think the Abu Bakr LH is that bad, and IMO the Abd-ar-Rahman LH is great
Having said that, Harun al-Rashid will also be a leader for Arabia

Also the "new" Al-Andalus Dawn of Man text, is riddled with typos, and spelling errors, I suggest you revise it.

Typos? Where?
Feel free to make your suggestions
This is the current text:
It is the year 711 AD. After the long struggle, the seemingly endless fleeing from the Sunni Muslims in the east, many thought your Umayyad line to be extinct.[NEWLINE]Not so! You, Abd-ar-Rahman III, led your people to a new place which you call "Al-Andalus", where you and your people may finally find a new home[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]These new lands may easily be the richest you have ever seen, so with Allah's will you might be able to build a rich and happy Caliphate - full of poetry, art and religious toleration - which can even rival that of the prophet Muhammed![NEWLINE]You only have to worry about those fanatic Christians to the north...

Burgundy should start with their civics and religion set, three turns of anarchy for civics plus one for religion sucks

From this weekend I will have a couple weeks with a lot more modding time
The new civs are almost included
What else is the most urgent, what else should definitely be in 1.2?

Jzip is not supported for this version, is it?

Is there a different zip program that I can use that is supported???

Winrar was, for some reason, the only one I could use to get it to work correctly.

:confused:

Scratch that. Winrar wouldn't work, either. It keeps saying "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

What a pain...

Apparently, none of my zip programs will unzip the file and I have no idea why, forcing me into not being able to play RFC Europe 1.1.

:(

Top Bottom