Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.0

Is the "TheANewChineseCivSpawnsAndTheOldChineseCivCollapsesTo tallyWhichCompletelyRuinsTheGameAndThereforVeryAnn oying-Problem" fixed yet?
Because I don't want to start a new game if that happens to me.

From the changelog on the 2nd post of this thread:
If you lose the chinese civil war, you can hold on some loyal cities.
This means: Yes.

@ All
I think I fixed the Ming problem. Unpack the file in the python folder. (It should replace a file, choose the overwrite it) It will disable the Ming completely, until a proper fix is made. But this allows to play the other civs without any problems

Could somebody confirm that it fixes the problem? IIRC, you should be able to reload games before the fix.

Merjin, it sounds silly, but CA's beta DID disable Ming already :lol: I meant the fix that would put them back to game.

I know. But I think the Ming were not completely disabled. In the code (from what I understand from it), they would still spawn. I disabled also that bit. I think this should solve the crashes when the AI is the Ming and they spawn.

I think I'm not capable of readding them to the game without any bugs. I'm affraid you'll have to wait until CA is back and can readd them.

Hello,

I'm writing about the bug of Japan not having its starting tech.

To fix this seems simple, however I do not know what are its intended starting tech.

Here are the steps:

1. Open up RFCA/Assets/Python/RiseAndFall.py
2. Search for "def assignTechs", which should be around line 2900
3. Insert between any 2 parent if clauses something similar to this structure:
Code:
if (iCiv == iJapan):
    teamJapan.setHasTech(con.iCeremonialBurial, True, iCiv, False, False)
    # and so on

Indentation is important in Python so make sure you have the right indentation for the clause. It seems that the rule of this file is indentation by 4 spaces.

I believe that's the only instance to modify to get Japan going right again, [&edit] and have tested it to be working (tested by setting Japan's start tech to the same as Tang's as I didn't know what's intended)

Started a game as the Song, and could not keep my economy in line. Inflation is so high, and no real way to earn gold right from the start.

Any suggestions?

Build markets, teahouses, courthouses, harbors, Buddhas of Bamiyan if available and you'll be more than just fine. China is especially nice for cottages.

Build markets, teahouses, courthouses, harbors, Buddhas of Bamiyan if available and you'll be more than just fine. China is especially nice for cottages.

Thanks, all this i already knew. I was thinking more in terms of the first 10-15 turns as my civ was loosing 30+ gold per turn with 0% research! I took one Tang city then the rest of China flipped to me killing what poor economy i had.

That's inevitable. You'll starve for the initial build-up. You can disband units after 1000 AD if Jurchen start at peace with you.

How do you complete Qin UHV with the 4 Wonders? I build Great Bath, Harbor, Wall, Granery and Arg e bam but it told me I failed. Which Wonders do I have to build?

Can someone explain the Unique Power of Korea to me? What does it mean?

Why doesn't RFCA has a sub-forum?
What are the requirements of a sub-forum?

You could request one but at the moment this project seems too small to need one.

It wasn't dead at one point though, have a look at how many threads there have been for it.

Top Bottom