Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.1

Hey guys, just wanted to give you some feedback on the mod!

Back when I was big into RFC Europe a few years ago, I always thought it would be cool to make an asia one and you guys pulled it off!!

I really like what you've done, there are a lot of civs to play and its pretty fun and historically accurate, but there a few things I've noticed:

1. There are a TON of civs and I feel like not all of them are as fully rich to play, especially in UHV. For example the muslim civ that spawns later in Pakistan, all the UHVs are about culture! So just build a bunch of culture buildings and thats it.

2. There are so many Chinese civs holy crap. I feel like if anyone wanted to play one civ through the ages it would be very difficult because eventually the Tang or Song will flip your cities if you played Zhou, Qin, or Han.

3. Delhi seems to have a weird start. Maybe I'm experiencing a bug but when I spawn Delhi, it says I founded Islam but there is no founding city (I have to settle Delhi). Also the area around Delhi is one of the worst in India and unfortunately I have to build those wonders in that spot which is tough.

4. Sooo many Buddhist wonders. I know this is in place for a good reason (spread Buddhism and UHVs) but damn!

5. RFC Europe uses the province system for UHV/Stability, I know Civ4 is on the decline and this is a lot of work but maybe think about it.

Sorry to harp on problems, otherwise I think this is a lot of fun, especially civs in India, SEA, ad China.

Hey guys, just wanted to give you some feedback on the mod!

Back when I was big into RFC Europe a few years ago, I always thought it would be cool to make an asia one and you guys pulled it off!!

I really like what you've done, there are a lot of civs to play and its pretty fun and historically accurate, but there a few things I've noticed:

1. There are a TON of civs and I feel like not all of them are as fully rich to play, especially in UHV. For example the muslim civ that spawns later in Pakistan, all the UHVs are about culture! So just build a bunch of culture buildings and thats it.

2. There are so many Chinese civs holy crap. I feel like if anyone wanted to play one civ through the ages it would be very difficult because eventually the Tang or Song will flip your cities if you played Zhou, Qin, or Han.

3. Delhi seems to have a weird start. Maybe I'm experiencing a bug but when I spawn Delhi, it says I founded Islam but there is no founding city (I have to settle Delhi). Also the area around Delhi is one of the worst in India and unfortunately I have to build those wonders in that spot which is tough.

4. Sooo many Buddhist wonders. I know this is in place for a good reason (spread Buddhism and UHVs) but damn!

5. RFC Europe uses the province system for UHV/Stability, I know Civ4 is on the decline and this is a lot of work but maybe think about it.

Sorry to harp on problems, otherwise I think this is a lot of fun, especially civs in India, SEA, ad China.

1: There are other things to Civ than war, besides being a cultural civ doesn't mean peaceful the Ghavadis were actually in real life destructive and ruthless and permanently destroyed Buddhist power in India by burning down their greatest universities. The Ghavaids I find personally a very good civ to play if you like war

2. A great effort was made not to allow RFCA to make it sino centric and it was successful. The different Chinese civilizations represent how China changed over history something this vastly ignored when you simply have "China".

3.- Havent played Delhi

4. Yes Buddhism was the single binding faith in this part of the world and still is to a great extent. Buddhism reigns supreme today in the east asia/south east Asia and collectively may have a billion followers. In the years of this game Buddhism was also the dominate faith of Northern India and Indonesia. It is only natural then that a truly Asian game would concentrate on Buddhism. I have wondered if it would be appropriate to split Buddhism between the two major schools (Theravada and Mayhandra) to emphasize the difference between the Buddhist religion of India and SE Asia and East Asian Buddhism

5. That might not be a bad idea to implement but as RFCA was my first real mod that I downloaded and at the time I saw the stability system with this game just fine as it is. The new system works okay too but a total revision isnt imperative

Thank you all good modders that made this great game.

Was just playing with the Nangzhao and Khmer respawned, which resulted in a notification stating "Khmer has made peace with Barbarians". A bug, or is it a feature that should be there?

What? New thread? So that's why I haven't seen anything going around in the other one lately?

Edit... oh wait... I've seen this thread before... Why haven't I got any updates?... :p

I didn't do anything. I see civaddicted made the commit. But looking at the files that were added, I don't see what has changed.
Most files doesn't even seem to have anything to do with Civ.

Trying the Indo-Greeks (1.1: UHV2 seems pure luck).

Somehow I can't get UHV3 to trigger: I have more than 15% of the landmass in the domination counter - does "cover 15% of all asian territory" mean something different? I don't think my stability can take more expansion.

Another question: If I just want to play a fun big empire game outside the historical borders (and I sometimes want to ;) ) and eliminate the negative stability modifiers from expansion, which lines do I need to comment out (in stability.py I'd assume)?

I didn't do anything. I see civaddicted made the commit. But looking at the files that were added, I don't see what has changed.
Most files doesn't even seem to have anything to do with Civ.

It's quite sad that civaddicted is not addicted to civ anymore :), I would love to see new commits actually. Hey, man, do you still remember us? I know work is important, but there has to be time for some hobby, you know :dance:

I'm new here and I can not make this MOD work at all. I downloaded all the files and follow the same installation path RFCEurope ... And nothing.

The MOD opens, but nothing appears written in the options menu of your initial ...

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Sou novato por aqui e não consigo fazer este MOD funcionar de forma alguma. Baixei todos os arquivos e segui o mesmo caminho de instalação do RFCEurope... E nada.

O MOD abre, mas não aparece nada escrito nas opções do seu menu inicial.

Alguém sabe como resolver este problema?

Where have you put the files? Is it at C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods (or something similar)?

Yes, it was exactly this site that I put the files ...

Really, I do not know what is happening.

Sim, foi exatamente neste local que eu coloquei os arquivos...

Realmente, não sei o que está acontecendo.

:(

Thank you, comrades!

With the language setting changed from Spanish to English, everything seems to be working.

Muito obrigado, camaradas!

Com a configuração de idioma mudada do Espanhol para o Inglês, tudo parece estar funcionando normalmente.

:D

merijn_v1, if you're still interested in making small fixes to RFCA, I have something. Apparently, it seems that Mongolia doesn't have any settler city name map, which results in all sorts of weird city names (I've seen them get to Tiflis). I made one, essentially combining the Song/Ming CNM for China, the Jurchen one for Manchuria, and the Gokturk one for Central Asia, changing certain city names as required and adding city names to Mongolia proper. I've attached the applicable part of CityNameManager.py as a .txt file. Could you add this to the official SVN? Thanks!

Attachments

• Mongonlia RFCA CNM.txt
    31.1 KB · Views: 145
I still do make changes, but very little.

If I discover something while modding an other RFC mod, I will also fix that for RFCA. And if the players provide the stuff for me (like you did). But otherwise I hardly do anything for RFCA.

If you're going to do it, I just realized that I forgot a single apostrophe, making the game crash. Here's the fixed version of Mongolia's CNM.

Attachments

• Mongolian RFCA CNM.txt
    31.1 KB · Views: 187
Oh, and the message for the gold option for the Silk Route event is misspelled- It says "The merchants form the West inspired the soul of our people." Obviously "from" is misspelled "form" here, but I also think adding "have" in front of "inspired" would sound better.

Top Bottom