1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Ilyes

Ilyes Chieftain

Another Jotnar oddity: while playing with Father Kasghenal, I ended up conquering some Scion cities. Perhaps due to the Scion's Fallow trait, the conquered city's population becomes set a strange values, either 0 or -1.
    These cities work no tiles, and thus cannot produce food and hammers. They also produce no culture and cost no maintenance. Is this normal? :)

2. Torugu

Torugu Prince

Come to think of it: The Incite Fervour ability available to Disciple units under the Theocracy civic reduces the city population by 3, even if the city has only one population point. Curiously this produces negative population which consumes negative amounts of food thereby causing the city to slowly grow back towards size 0.
    Since Incite Fervour also generates new disciple units which can cast Incite Fervour themselves this causes a nice chain reaction which supplies you with infinite amounts of disciples.
    I'm not 100% sure (I discovered this bug in my 3rd game of Rife 1.3 but forgot to report it) but I believe negative sized cities even produce negative maintenance which give you the money to pay the upkeep for your disciple mob. :lol:

3. Ilyes

Ilyes Chieftain

Wow, gotta try this one :lol:

4. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

Wait, perhaps they terraform very large areas because they have Ice Golems as regular units?
    When they die, the permanently terraform to ice.
    There should be another option than to destroy them, right?.

In other notes: There are 2 Frozen in my game. The first, was created when I started my game (I've enabled them by Restrict random Civs, and teamed him with Auric). The other, by surprise, popped when somebody completed Liberation.

5. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Being in a city likely makes him vulnerable.

As for Thanatos: All D'teshi recon is invisible_land. Scouts cannot see them, units with Perfect Sight may, civs with the Empy shrine may, and those who complete the 'Light of Lugus' (or whatever it's called) ritual may, for a limited time. They start with this invisibility, but it is lost for a specific period after attacking; Depends on the leader. With Thanatos as leader, 1 turn. All others, 3 turns.

Already fixed, was Mokka's Cauldron.

As for questing: That's because the total is additive. Meaning it gives a large boost to adventurers, who now get to 100 + Questing Max.

Weird.... Will try and duplicate.

Aaaaand that should not happen. Will modify that pyreq. Actually, I just did to make sure I wouldn't forget. Must have more than 3 pop in the city to cast the spell.

That's possible. Ice Golems will lose their permanent terraform, though.

And that is why you don't enable summonable civs. :p

6. bardliam

bardliam Chieftain

Does this have a time limit? I sacrificed a city, but it only seemed to last about 40 turns or so.

7. Valkrionn

IIRC it just requires you stay AV.

8. bardliam

bardliam Chieftain

Nope, still AV. Is it like the Barb truce where if you get too powerful they break it?

9. Valkrionn

Not that I'm aware of.

You may have cast a spell that would cause war, maybe?

10. Venir

Venir Chieftain

Yes I noticed the questing was additive. But nerfing it to 25 exp (or whatever) still leaves it a neat mechanic for the Grigori to field slightly stronger armies after some incubation time.

Adventures would then be capped at 125 exp, which would still take 100+ turns to get to, and would only give them 1 additional promo at 101 exp (or two? for some reason have 124 in my head as next level) which removes the ridiculous 200 free exp heroes. Which still took like 150 turns of incubation on epic speed, but definately a bit OP.

Really I just think it was a cool idea and mechanic that was definitely overpowering in its original conception, and possibly even given to the wrong civ altogether, though I'd be careful about giving it to a civ with a Charismatic leader. Hate to have a fun little concept removed altogether because it was a wee bit way too strong initially.

Edit: The reason I said the potentially wrong civ was because of the large number of adventures the Grigori get with the changed counter, as such they don't quite need it so much. Dural could be an interesting recipient. What else do their sheltered armies (or army) have to do besides walk little old ladies across the street and fetch groceries for them as they sit behind the protection of the Bannor?

11. bardliam

bardliam Chieftain

I didn't know such a thing was possible. Like which spell?

12. azzedar

azzedar Warlord

area of effect spells cause war if they are about to hit other players units (of civs youre not already at war with)

13. Venir

Venir Chieftain

Maelstrom is a likely culprit, as are any other AoE spells that don't state that they effect enemy units only.

14. Morkonan

Morkonan Warlord

Does that mean they make more pegasuseseses? :)

Weird movement bug included to stay on topic:

I assembled a fleet to kill the Leviathan. Man of Wars and a Frigate. When the Leviathan attacked the fleet, all ships had their movement reduced to 1/3. This continued for at least 10 turns for all ships. In one case, it was permanent and the ship was reduced to a move of 1 from 3 for the rest of the game. (Game gone now, I deleted it when making some room. I tend to save a lot...)

I didn't see any spell effect nor tile enhancements and the ship above sailed all over the world for the rest of the game.. using a move of 1. I seem to recall someone, somewhere, putting in something regarding the Leviathan and some sort of spell effect, but I don't know if it is RIFE or not. Is there such an effect, but it's just not showing up?

15. Torugu

Torugu Prince

Not sure if this one is known already but it can't hurt to report it:

Attached Files:

16. Valkrionn

Nice catch; Had not been reported, fixed for next version.

17. Pohlmann

Pohlmann Warlord

if you promote any unit to life 3 you get a python error everytime it checks if resurrection is castable regarding Bannor.

18. Niveras

Niveras Prince

Mimics can steal the hidden mutation promotions, e.g. Mutation Percent Attack Strength Bad. Presumably these should be blocked, like the racial promotions.

Edit: Also Tame. Tame may or may not be intended but it's hidden so I am not sure.

19. Valkrionn

Been fixed.

Really, they should be blocked from stealing any hidden promo.

20. Mylet

Mylet Chieftain

2 exceptions, both from a multiplayer game. I think the 1st one was maybe already posted but I'm quite sure the 2nd one is new.
    Also, the Sidar city spell causes OOS (very annoying cause I have to save the game after I hide my city and send the file to the host to restart from that). I guess this goes for everything (human player) cities cast. The Illians ai used their worldspell without any problems.

I don't know if I already mentioned this, but switching to Hyborem (and probably also to the Mercurians, will confirm soon) causes OOS. I can imagine that to be difficult to fix though?

On a different note: It is quite challenging to set up a multiplayer game with all those modules :crazyeye:

Attached Files: