Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Awww!! But I put sheaim in hopes that in the game the AC could raise a bit. But if they follow Fellowship, no matter if 12 out of 14 civs are evil, AC stay under 30 all over the game!.

Maybe Sheaim chose to found other religions because AV is more expensive to found than another?

EDIT (darn): BUG oversight: Priest of Omorr/Kalshekk can be sacrified to found a normal Temple of Empyrean/Kilmorph instead of Mazatl replacement of those temples. So you can have both, Mazatl replacement and normal temples in a city. Pretty sure isn't intended.

Hi, new to the forum, and sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place...

First off, I am a huge fan of RifE and have really enjoyed playing through many of the civs.

Currently, I am for the first time playing through with the Illians. However, for some reason I can't build the Ascension. I have exhausted everything I can think of why I can't build it (tried to build in my capital, tried to build in city that built the Draw, tried to build in the city with Auric), but I can't get it! I also tried changing my civics out of Liberty but still no cigar.

The one thing I can think of is that I had Auric explore the "Foxhunt" hut (or whatever its called - the special village that has a label on it), and he was given a special title. Could that be preventing me from Ascending? Is that a bug? Sorry if it is really something stupid that I should be doing, but I have tried everything I could think to try ...

I am uploading my save file in case there is a kind soul who could take a look at it... I am running RifE 1.3. Thanks in advance for any direction you can give.

Attachments

• about_to_cheat.CivBeyondSwordSave
    419.4 KB · Views: 62
OK, I'm playing as Khazad and cruising on my way to a Cultural Victory of all things. Out of the blue (we had Friendly relations), the Sidar declare war on me.

No problem there and it will add some interest to the game as I wait for two more cities to gain Legendary Culture.

So, I send over a load of Tier IV units led by the Mithril Golem thinking I will take a couple of their border cities. No way.

I was unable to attack any of their cities with any of my units. I think I saw something about Perception 5 being required. :confused:

So, what is this all about and how would I be able to overcome this and attack the Sidar cities?

It was not a short term deal either. It lasted 50+ turns until the game ended.

Question: Will the new FFH2 patch "o" break RIFE or cause any problems?

Here are some screenshots (windowed) of a few python errors over the past few games. I don't know if there are new ones in there or not. The last one would stack up 100 times. I assume that's the error window limit or the limit on how many times it cycles through.

OK, I'm playing as Khazad and cruising on my way to a Cultural Victory of all things. Out of the blue (we had Friendly relations), the Sidar declare war on me.
No problem there and it will add some interest to the game as I wait for two more cities to gain Legendary Culture.
So, I send over a load of Tier IV units led by the Mithril Golem thinking I will take a couple of their border cities. No way.
I was unable to attack any of their cities with any of my units. I think I saw something about Perception 5 being required. :confused:
So, what is this all about and how would I be able to overcome this and attack the Sidar cities?
It was not a short term deal either. It lasted 50+ turns until the game ended.
normaly, with a airI adept you should be able to clear the surrounding mist.

Awww!! But I put sheaim in hopes that in the game the AC could raise a bit. But if they follow Fellowship, no matter if 12 out of 14 civs are evil, AC stay under 30 all over the game!.

Maybe Sheaim chose to found other religions because AV is more expensive to found than another?

EDIT (darn): BUG oversight: Priest of Omorr/Kalshekk can be sacrified to found a normal Temple of Empyrean/Kilmorph instead of Mazatl replacement of those temples. So you can have both, Mazatl replacement and normal temples in a city. Pretty sure isn't intended.

I recently lost my Hippus game because the Sheaim contributed more than 200 to the AC. They would have won a Gone to Hell victory before I researched anything beyond Stirrups if what little was left of my armies after the AC hit 100 had not been wiped out by armies of demonic Beasts of Argares, Wraiths and an enraged Gurid.

So you just got unlucky.

On the temples: I've already modified those two spells to create the UB if it exists.

Question: Will the new FFH2 patch "o" break RIFE or cause any problems?

Here are some screenshots (windowed) of a few python errors over the past few games. I don't know if there are new ones in there or not. The last one would stack up 100 times. I assume that's the error window limit or the limit on how many times it cycles through.

No FfH2 patch will affect RifE. Nor will the patches of any other FfH modmods. RifE is completely standalone.

Those python errors should all be fixed. The first few aren't even errors, it's pretty much saying your game didn't initialize properly. Dicts didn't load. Can generally fix that by exiting/reloading the autosave.

Is Lord D'tesh supposed to get effectively +2 Death Affinity?

In my current game I have 3 Death mana and 1 Shadow mana.
This unit gives :
4 base Strength
+4 Death
+1 Death Affinity
+1 Shadow Affinity

Opalus Mortis gives
+4 Death
+1 Death Affinity

Thus I now have a Strength 19 immortal unit :eek:

If functioning as intended, I shall now go and smite all other civs before me.

This unit gives :
4 base Strength
+4 Death
+1 Death Affinity
+1 Shadow Affinity

Opalus Mortis gives
+4 Death
+1 Death Affinity

legion gets the most benefit of all civs from death mana.
many issues have been discussed concerning the legion the last few days. i suggest adding another tech requisite and/or changing the affinitys.
like +1 Shadow and +1Entropy for D'tesh, +1death for opalus. still 3 affinities but different ones forcing the legion to more different mana types (since all of them are used by their 'race' as well giving boni if i remember right) and not as strong as before -> unless you build nodes equally. which no player will really do, as death mana is, as stated, the thing they get most advantage from :)
i dont have the tech tree in front of me right now, but what about Malevolent Designs?

normaly, with a airI adept you should be able to clear the surrounding mist.

Really?

Wow, late game, no mana nodes available and me without Air I. :cry:

So what is Perception 5 and how do you get THAT?

It just seems strange I cannot attack any of the cities as I can attack units throughout Sidar territory including right next to the cities.

Is any of this documented anywhere?

Oh, I noticed my ally Basium and his Angels were unable to attack Sidar cities too.

Perception is a new unit stat, and perception 5 is something that's prettz much impossible to get:

Every unit starts with Perception 2, the only promotions I know of that grant additional Perception are Sentry I and II and Scouting I which is granted by Great Commanders.

Now it just so happens that Sentry II and Scouting I are only available to recon units meaning that, unless I'm missing something, there's no way to bring melee units to Perception 5.

many issues have been discussed concerning the legion the last few days. i suggest adding another tech requisite and/or changing the affinitys.
like +1 Shadow and +1Entropy for D'tesh, +1death for opalus. still 3 affinities but different ones forcing the legion to more different mana types (since all of them are used by their 'race' as well giving boni if i remember right) and not as strong as before -> unless you build nodes equally. which no player will really do, as death mana is, as stated, the thing they get most advantage from :)
i dont have the tech tree in front of me right now, but what about Malevolent Designs?

Another affinity is call more OP for them.
Just put a cap on max affinity gained strenght and that's it!.

Is there a trick or prereq (that's not in the tooltips) to build the Scion's Vacant Mausoleum (which you need to build the Risen Emperor)?

If not, I guess it's a bug that I can't build it.

Not sure, but if you're playing as Risen Emperor that might be why you can't build it: The Risen Emperor can't build himself so it might be that he can't build the Mausoleum either.

There is some kind of bug that is causing certain games to chug pretty hard. I first noticed it when starting a new custom D'tesh game with many challenge options enabled, including One City and Advanced Start. However, I'm not referring to the extra-long initial turn while the AI civs buy their advanced starts, this sluggishness occurs during your own turn, specifically when you are attempting to do anything with a city's production queue (opening and modifying the queue would take 2-3 seconds where it should be this side of instant, even in large late games). The strange thing is that once it hit, the sluggishness persistent even after having quit to the main menu and started a Play Now! game, with a different civ. Have to quit Civ entirely before new games will play properly.

I'm in the process of starting new games, enabling one option each, but I thought I'd mention it if you already knew of a culprit.

Edit: It looks like the simpler option might be simply to, after having started the game, save, quit out completely, and reload the save. Sluggishness was cleared.
Edit2: Not a guaranteed solution. Game crashed about 15 turns in, reloaded an autosave and the sluggishness returned.
Edit3: Well, just went through about 25 game starts, slowing turning on game options to match the original game, and never experienced the sluggishness. The only differences that might be left would be certain mapscript options (Desert chance, Smart Climate, etc) that I don't recall what I had specifically set originally, but could that have an effect on a game after the map has been generated?

This unit gives :
4 base Strength
+4 Death
+1 Death Affinity
+1 Shadow Affinity

Opalus Mortis gives
+4 Death
+1 Death Affinity

Eh... Yes and no? It will be changed, the double affinity is an oversight generated while adding the Gem.

Not doing that, exactly, but again, I have plans.

Really?

Wow, late game, no mana nodes available and me without Air I. :cry:

So what is Perception 5 and how do you get THAT?

It just seems strange I cannot attack any of the cities as I can attack units throughout Sidar territory including right next to the cities.

Is any of this documented anywhere?

Oh, I noticed my ally Basium and his Angels were unable to attack Sidar cities too.

Perception is gained from anything that influences Sight range.

Air1 casters are able to remove mist in a 3x3 radius, temporarily.

Sun1 casters and Empy priests are able to cast a stack buff, increasing perception.

Perception cost ramps up as you approach a misted city. The outer ring is cheapest, inner more expensive, and the city itself the most expensive. If you mouse over the plot you can see the requirements.

Another affinity is call more OP for them.
Just put a cap on max affinity gained strenght and that's it!.

No, there will not be a maximum cap. That defeats the purpose of affinity, may as well just give +strength with the one resource and be done with it.

Is there a trick or prereq (that's not in the tooltips) to build the Scion's Vacant Mausoleum (which you need to build the Risen Emperor)?

If not, I guess it's a bug that I can't build it.

Cannot be built as Emperor.

There is some kind of bug that is causing certain games to chug pretty hard. I first noticed it when starting a new custom D'tesh game with many challenge options enabled, including One City and Advanced Start. However, I'm not referring to the extra-long initial turn while the AI civs buy their advanced starts, this sluggishness occurs during your own turn, specifically when you are attempting to do anything with a city's production queue (opening and modifying the queue would take 2-3 seconds where it should be this side of instant, even in large late games). The strange thing is that once it hit, the sluggishness persistent even after having quit to the main menu and started a Play Now! game, with a different civ. Have to quit Civ entirely before new games will play properly.

I'm in the process of starting new games, enabling one option each, but I thought I'd mention it if you already knew of a culprit.

Edit: It looks like the simpler option might be simply to, after having started the game, save, quit out completely, and reload the save. Sluggishness was cleared.
Edit2: Not a guaranteed solution. Game crashed about 15 turns in, reloaded an autosave and the sluggishness returned.
Edit3: Well, just went through about 25 game starts, slowing turning on game options to match the original game, and never experienced the sluggishness. The only differences that might be left would be certain mapscript options (Desert chance, Smart Climate, etc) that I don't recall what I had specifically set originally, but could that have an effect on a game after the map has been generated?

Mapscript options would not be able to cause that.

Top Bottom