1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Nicopol

Nicopol Warlord

1.31.195:

error msg while exploring Aifon Isle with a waterwalking mage:

2. Nicopol

Nicopol Warlord

1.31.195:

3. JEiK66

JEiK66 Chieftain

Okay. I tried a clean install, so i deleted rife and, I installed 1.31 and 1.31.195. Now when I go to the launcher I get a popup that says

Could not find a part of the path 'C:program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise from Erebus\Assets\Modules\LoadOrderVitalModules\FirstLoad'

The launcher then shows no enabled map scripts.

4. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

well, since i don't have steam version, i have no idea what that could mean ... i'd probably recommend to skip Launcher and start the mod normally

5. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Cannot see that picture Nicopol, So if you could give a transcript of the error, it would be interesting ( might be event related)

6. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

"Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 9019, in exploreLairBigBad

File "BasicFunctions" line 115, in addUnitFixed

RunetimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception"

7. Nicopol

Nicopol Warlord

1.31.195:

i think the Werewolf promotion you get from the Fox Fort unique improvement is not working. Can someone confirm this?

I tried it at least 20 times (new random seed on reload activated) to "capture" a barbarian scout (scout has no other promotions) with my Devout with the Werewolf promotion (the Devout had also the Undead promotion from Haunted Lands if that matters -
    i cant remove it with worldbuilder because there is also a bug with the promotion section)

edit:

worldbuilder promotion section bug:

edit2:

never mind the fox fort promotion - now i got 1 werewolf with it. maybe it was just bad luck (i really tried it 20 times because i wanted to capture Ortus and as this didnt work i tried it with a barbarian scout and didnt work ether but now i got a muris clan archer!)

but ther is still the problem with the world builder promotions!

8. Nicopol

Nicopol Warlord

1.31.195:

is it possible to let the unicorn event only trigger once per game per player?
    now i got this event four times within a short periode of time...

pic:

9. Wodan

Wodan Deity

Related to that, in my current game I was teching to Optics to go claim Rinwell, and saw Nicopol's note, and sent out a fireball to claim it. (It worked.)

10. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

There is an issue with how random events are chosen. For some player , the unicorn appears several times, for others it's another one, and myself never had such an issue. i'll try to see how it's done but cannot garantee anything

11. GIR

GIR It'sNotStupidIt'sAdvanced

About the event issue:

If you install the patch 1.31.195 over the patch 1.31.176 you end up with:

MoreEvents_CIV4EventInfos.xml
    MoreEvents_CIV4EventSchema.xml
    MoreEvents_CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml
    in ...Assets\Modules\NormalModules\MoreEvents (from 1.31.176)

and:

MoreEvents_CIV4EventInfos.xml
    MoreEvents_CIV4EventSchema.xml
    MoreEvents_CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml
    in ...\Assets\Modules\NormalModules\MoreEvents\Events (from 1.31.195)

which could lead to problems

12. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Ah. Yeah, that could cause issues. I'd just delete the entire module before installing.

13. Nicopol

Nicopol Warlord

after starting a new game:

14. Wodan

Wodan Deity

I don't think Ardor worked. When I cast it, there was no change in my Adventurer milestone, no change in my great person milestone, and no change in my great general milestone.

15. Wodan

Wodan Deity

Dispel magic on a sun node with a Citadel both changed to a generic node AND removed the Citadel.

16. TiberiousKirk

TiberiousKirk Chieftain

I have a question. I run into a runtime error after installing the latest update of the game.

I can reach all the configuration menus such as: Singleplayer--> Play now... all the way till I get to ini graphics.

Last time I got this error I had to update my graphics card driver. I updated the driver again, but it didn't help this time.

I have an ATI Catalyst Radeon 3100, Catalyst™ Control Center Version 2010.1125.2142.38865, Direct3D Version 8.14.10.0678, OpenGL Version 6.14.10.8787, 2D Driver Version 8.01.01.921

Any suggestions how to solve this issue?

17. King Doom

King Doom Chieftain

Not sure what caused this, but I got enough xp on my scout to promote him and managed to give him a promotion I didn't want to. I opened the world editor to change it and the promotions panel for the unit editor is utterly empty - there's not a single thing in it.

18. GIR

GIR It'sNotStupidIt'sAdvanced

It's this bug, I also had it.
    You can fix it but I think it is not save game compatible.

1. --> delete the three files in ...Assets\Modules\NormalModules\MoreEvents (from 1.31.176 if you have installed 1.31.195 over 1.31.176)

2. --> remove the "Mekara Order" module from your active module folder. (Use windows explorer not the RifE Launcher - the launcher will give you an error msg and then crashes)

after that start a new game - it worked for me.
    I don't know if Valkrionn found the reason for this bug, maybe old ...Schema.xml files.

edit:
    I'm not even sure if the "Mekara Order" module is to blame because today I reactivated the module and the worldbuilder promotion page worked. But yesterday it didn't worked with the module. I let the RifE team sort things out but for now I have it deactivated (because of save game) and the promotion page works just fine.

19. Nicopol

Nicopol Warlord

1.31.195:

20. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

When did the crash happen exactly ? (the text issue is fixed now, need to get some info to see if the event was right to be launched though)

For the c++ exception, i don't really know, but i'll check.