1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Then kapersky is wrong. I can show you the exact script used to produce the installer.

It's made using Inno Setup, and the script used is in the spoiler.
    Spoiler :
    [Setup]
    AppId={{CD7D9B17-B96B-44F9-AC78-233137325FED}
    AppName=Rise from Erebus
    AppVerName=RifE 1.31.195
    DefaultDirName={reg:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword,INSTALLDIR}\Mods\Rise from Erebus\
    OutputBaseFilename=RifE 1.31.195
    Compression=lzma
    SolidCompression=yes
    DisableProgramGroupPage=yes
    SetupIconFile=C:\Users\Valkrionn\Documents\Mods\Rise from Erebus\Valkrionn.ico
    PrivilegesRequired=none

[Types]
    Name: "full"; Description: "Default installation"

[Components]
    Name: "RifE"; Description: "Rise from Erebus Core Files"; Types: full; Flags: fixed

[Languages]
    Name: "english"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Default.isl"
    Name: "french"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Languages\French.isl"
    Name: "german"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Languages\German.isl"
    Name: "italian"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Languages\Italian.isl"

[Tasks]
    Name: "desktopicon"; Description: "{cm:CreateDesktopIcon}"; GroupDescription: "{cm:AdditionalIcons}"; Flags:

[Files]

Source: "C:\Users\Valkrionn\Documents\Mods\Rise from Erebus\*"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion recursesubdirs createallsubdirs; Components: RifE
    ; NOTE: Don't use "Flags: ignoreversion" on any shared system files

[Icons]
    Name: "{userdesktop}\Rise from Erebus Launcher"; Filename: "{app}\RifELauncher.exe"; Tasks: desktopicon; IconFilename: "{app}\Valkrionn.ico"

[Run]
    Filename: "{app}\RifELauncher.exe"; Description: "{cm:LaunchProgram,Rise from Erebus}"; Flags: nowait postinstall skipifsilent

All content contained in the installer is simply a clean version of the mod. It outputs whatever is in the folder, so it would be impossible to hide malware within it; It would be quite obvious.

It's likely that Kapersky is just being overprotective; The install script checks your registries to find where you installed Civ4.

2. Copper Golem

Copper Golem Goblin

I think so, just reported this.
    Really want to play Rise from Erebus, and refocus my roguelike from vanilla to Rise from Erebus. :)

3. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

@Copper Golem:

I had a similar problem with Norton when installing one of the FfH modmods (might have been Wild Mana or MoM rather than RiFE, I don't remember): Norton automatically quarantined the installer program, so I had to go into the quarantine list and manually remove the program from the quarantine.

I must have been installing a new release of whichever modmod it was, because my recollection is that Norton said that it was quarantining the program because it had very few downloads and therefore could not be guaranteed to be safe.

As Valk said, your Kaspersky security program's probably just being overprotective, just as my Norton Internet Security was.

4. vivictius

vivictius Prince

In my current Bannor game my capitol produces 590 hammers when making unit (Base 89, 20 from Pillar of Chains, +35% from buildings, +50% from Capitol, +155% for military units, +2 from extra food).

However, if I just make champions non-stop (alt-click) I get 11 per turn (1320 hammers worth). So I think there is a problem with the overflow calculations.

5. Krieger66

Krieger66 Lord of all things necro

I think your having a few problems with calculations too, because that only gives you 377.4 hammers:mischief:

I think animals are kind of op in the current version too, I mean all animals over a certain age get an innate +60% combat bonus and a promotion to beast status. My champion shanked by a +160% 8str bear(who gave my chariot a sweet 16 exp when I got him back next turn.;), but it is still kind of rediculous to have a heavily armored soldier get killed by a bear:cringe:). From what I've seen so far, animals can have up to double their base str and an innate +60% combat bonus, right?

6. Wodan

Wodan Deity

If it's a beast then it's not just a "bear". But I tend to agree... the super animals seem a bit odd and op. Might be better to restrict it to creatures that aren't "normal". And possibly have barb spawns have a 1% chance or something to include one of these beasts, modified by the turn #.

/Of course this discussion doesn't belong in the bug thread.

7. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

A huge bear is not "just a bear", it's a Beast. And I feel perfectly fine with Beasts being strong. ;)

8. vivictius

vivictius Prince

Krieger66 those are the numbers listed in the city screen so either the listing is wrong or how it calculates the total is off. Though if it adds the % increases one at a time then you get closer (89+20)(1.35)(1.5)(2.55) = 562.85. At any rate, I shouldn't be getting eleven champions a turn.

9. Wodan

Wodan Deity

Would help if the creature was renamed or changed appearance (like spiders do). It still looks like a bear, sounds like a bear, and is still called a "Bear". You have to take the effort to hover and count promotion icons, or take a hunter and click-hold like you're going to attack to see if you get the "animal" or "beast" attack percentage.

10. Krieger66

So basically any bear can sit in a forest for 200 turns and then become a beast that makes agares demon bears look like a cartoony picnic basket-stealing bear?:eek2: Also are elephants and mammoths who become beasts supposed to be able to attack your units?

@vivictus Well your still lucky that you actually get bonus units, I've played two games with the clan so far and I've never been able to get extra units by the overflow mechanic. I'd say its some bug with the base game that messes up the mechanic.:dunno:

11. JEiK66

JEiK66 Chieftain

Could not find a part of the path 'C:program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise from Erebus\Assets\Modules\LoadOrderVitalModules\FirstLoad'

When I look in the folder itself I do not have LoadOrderVitalModules\FirstLoad'

I tried reinstalling.

12. Krieger66

There's still a problem with civs being removed from the game when their last city is taken. Namely, from the ai player owning a treasure chest(and I didn't even have the complete kills challenge turned on).

13. Wodan

Wodan Deity

Acheron, when captured, can't move. Has happened to me in more than one game. It's like he's still leashed or something.

A hidden nationality unit can join a general (although they can't move together, you can move them separately and the unit still gets the benefits), but a unit that has joined a general can't use the ability to become hidden nationality.

14. Icezera

Icezera Chieftain

My game can't get past turn 277. When I end the turn, it just freezes. Here's a save.

Attached Files:

15. akilshaw904

akilshaw904 Chieftain

Hi, i used FFH2, Orbis, And Fall Further in the past, but i just re installed Civ and wanted to try this mod. I started a game on a huge map, default settings, and after the second turn i CTD.

Any ideas?

Thanks

16. Krieger66

And why can't my arcane barge heal my privateers unless they declare nationality?:confused:
    Also do not hire 16+ mercenaries in one tile, it caused my game to crash.:(

17. Haerzog

Haerzog Warlord

Im playing with the development build off the Svn, cause you guys still haven't put the xUPT on the public build yet, and I cant change religion anymore. Anytime i click on one of the other religions (im currently FoL), it un-selects after i move my mouse. What is wierd is that I had changed religion once already this game, from Overlords to Fellowship. Though, I did turn overlords on with the popup the first time.

18. vivictius

vivictius Prince

Do you have any religion based heroes? Before you had to dismiss any of them before moving out of that religion.

19. Haerzog

Haerzog Warlord

dammit, yeah the Satyr's. Forgot about them. And here i was playing the Clan, thinking that i had a good Ranger replacement, since all the Commander UU's they replaced the scout line with cant capture animals, and hiring recon units is a waste of money.

20. Haerzog

Haerzog Warlord

Another bug, though more inconvenient than anything else. Built a Meta-magic node, and the structure for the node is ballooned up to like 1000% of it's normal size.

So, which file is it that i need to redownload from the Public server for this?

I also checked all the other nodes with worldbuilder and the metamagic node is the only one with a problem. Nice work by the way whoever it was who designed other nodes for the Clan.

Attached Files: