Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

I get a CTD randomly near turn 350ish, but I can't seem to be able to replicate it, as I don't actually know what causes it.
It crashes at the start of the next turn, or when I enter worldbuilder: I suppose it's some unit causing this.
I have this modules active:
Bannor CoC
BuildXP
Less Dangerous Animals
Mana is Reflective
More Unique Features
Starting Something
Einherjar Guardsmen
Mana Flares
Imperial Roads
Elohim Unique Feature Events
Unique Arenas
Spread Religion
Spread Guild
Adjust Game

;)

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0341.CivBeyondSwordSave
    597.5 KB · Views: 67
I reached pop 12 in my capital playing the Archos and decided up upgrade my existing spiders. Game crashed. I tried it again with no crash. The only difference is in the crashed version, I moved my spiders first before upgrading. Maybe that caused it?

The attached saved game is the crashing one.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0172.CivBeyondSwordSave
    280.4 KB · Views: 66
I have an earth elemental dying (end of turn/delete unit/worldbuilder delete) in my ally's territory and its death causes me to declare war on that ally. This doesn't seem logical--is it a bug or some unannounced, intended feature? Using public svn build, just the default modules. Can include save if required.

Edit: Also, I've noticed screenshots start failing in the 2xx turn count. Not sure if this is a RifE issue though, as I've never tried a game diary with vanilla BtS or FfH.
-CF

My game seems to always stall out or crash completely whenever a city somewhere does the second culture ring. I have no idea what to do. @275 even with fresh install / now that I recall I had this problem a while back too, when culture ring limits were put in. View attachment 301811

hm, disadvantage of SVN ... you must revert and re-build debug dll every time someone has older revision ... >.> ... /me sighs

Well, I believe i found my problem. Some files in my bts install were missing or corrupt. Steam finally identified this after several attempts with verify cache. I tried it one last time as a shot in the dark and it found 12 files, amounting to a total of 12kb worth of data. Apparently when they say insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results they didn't try enough times. :crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:

Should I feel so angry and embarrassed with myself?

hi, i loaded a modmod but i don't know how to launch one, once placed does it automatically load with the mod and effect its changes or does it have to be seperately selected in a custom menu or launched in some other way? tx, NZ

i know how to launch a mod, how to launch a mod's mod?

hi, i loaded a modmod but i don't know how to launch one, once placed does it automatically load with the mod and effect its changes or does it have to be seperately selected in a custom menu or launched in some other way? tx, NZ

there are several ways how to start a mod:
you can start Beyond the Sword, then in menu go to "Advanced" -> "Load mod" -> "Rise from Erebus"
second option is using the rife launcher; its shortcut should be created on your desktop automatically after installation
third option is to use slightly modified Beyond the Sword shortcut, but you don't need this one for Rise from Erebus

well, another bug.. but I'm sure it is already reported.

all my last games ended in repeatable ctd during the inter-turn.

and in the current one i tried something :
on the turn before the CTD I went into WB and removed UImprovement that could be explored during the interturn, or displaced the units nearby.

and that worked. (especially, last game it was brandeling's well)

How i knew to try this ?
on one game, I explored brad's well, 3-4 time during the game as it was in my territory...and once I got "a monster arised to defend the lair" but no monster was seen, even in WB, (there was a flag, but no unit) and next interturn => ctd.
so I knew that could be the cause of a ctd if a AI explored such UI (r maybe even in a dungeon, i don't know) during the interturn

well, another bug...

Yeah, that one is old. If there is no monster spawned the game crashes at the end of the turn. It seems to be resposible for a sizable percentage of the random crashes as well, but not all. Sometimes the game is impossible to be continued even if you go back 10 turns with the autosave...

In my latest game, Thessa/Basium (plus vassals) declared war on me. Long war, etc. When I finally killed the last Mercurian military unit (an Angel) in the last Mercurian city, my victorious unit(s) entered the city, I got the message that I'd captured some workers, but the city remained Mercurian and more Angels appeared in that city, stacked with my units!

Of course, my units were booted out at the start of the very next turn, so I had to do it again, with the same result. This happened on maybe 3 consecutive turns, so finally I just went into WorldBuilder and deleted the final Mercurian city, thus eliminating the Mercurians 3 turns after I had actually done so in-game.

This was the first time in RifE that I'd fought the Mercurians to the death, which is why I hadn't encountered this problem before. Maybe it's already been reported by others or you were already aware of it.

I remember a long time ago a similar problem with the Mercurians in vanilla FfH2, although I don't remember if that was specific to the Basium unit or if it happened to the last Mercurian military unit. I don't remember the fix and can't find the relevant patch notes at this point, sorry.

Anyway, just wanted to report this.

EDIT: I reloaded from an earlier autosave and replayed and didn't experience the problem again, so I have no idea what happened the first time Oh, well.

I install the mod, patch, and hotfix and I notice something .. I can't edit unit promotions in World Builder. I reinstall the mod without the patch and I can edit unit promotions again, yay!, but End of Winter doesn't work. I reapply patch (no hotfix) and End of Winter works, but no unit promotion edits ...

It seems the cosmos is telling me to work on my essay rather then lose sleep again : /

Unless I'm missing something here ...

Edit: Nevermind :cringe:

Python exception, see attached screenshot.

Thats a nice starting position, capital 2 tiles from the pyre of the syraphic. Now all you need are a few angels.:goodjob:

I can honestly tell you I've never gotten that python error though.

Top Bottom