• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Hey Brigit should really start with a bunch of promotions. It not only makes no sense that she doesn't, and it's not great gameplay either. You have to go to all the trouble to get a unit to lvl 15 and it's a big letdown.

But she still has immortal like in regular FFH right? If so, is there any reason not to just use her as the vanguard of your army even on 1% odds?

The true issue with her is that she is way to slow. At 1 :move: she can't catch up with most armies.
I would give her the flying promotion and flat movement cost. That should make her awesome.

But she still has immortal like in regular FFH right? If so, is there any reason not to just use her as the vanguard of your army even on 1% odds?

The true issue with her is that she is way to slow. At 1 :move: she can't catch up with most armies.
I would give her the flying promotion and flat movement cost. That should make her awesome.

Not to mention she's not alive so she is unaffected by haste:mischief:
A free unit is a free unit though, I thought it was worth it. It's not like your being asked to donate xp to get brigit afteralll, and she is also a hero unit with an edge against apocalyptic demon units(with her resistance to death :strength: and possibly poison:confused:) so that has to be worth something...not saying a few fire spells wouldn't be appreciatd however:goodjob:

I'm having issues with the settings for RiFE, most notably the unrestricted leaders. I started a quick game and when I went setup a custom one, the option for unrestricted leaders was gone.

Anyone know how I can get it back?

It is hidden. To make it visible, you need to edit xml (simple to do, just go into assets/xml/gameinfo/gameoptions, find unrestricted leaders, and set bvisible to 1).

It will never be visible by default, though. I strongly dislike it, particularly when we have leaders designed with one specific civ in mind, with traits that would be OP for others.

Case in point: Calabim Yakut.

It is hidden. To make it visible, you need to edit xml (simple to do, just go into assets/xml/gameinfo/gameoptions, find unrestricted leaders, and set bvisible to 1).

It will never be visible by default, though. I strongly dislike it, particularly when we have leaders designed with one specific civ in mind, with traits that would be OP for others.

thanks, I guess I see why it could be op though it can also make some interesting combos.:crazyeye:

I don't know if this is down already but the aging system doesn't work. In my latest jotnar game I've had 3 jotnar citizens since my first turn but the oldest unit I have is age 37. It's turn 117 and I'm in a marathon game.

It also seems that in every game I get a cumulative -1 relations penalty with every civ at regular intervals(possibly from the season that diplomacy is not reccomended in?), are these supposed to be permanent? I already have enough diplomatic problems when everyone arbitrarily tries to extort me, is a month that makes everyone hate me really neccesary?

edit: ah ok so that explains the aging problem.

I don't know if this is down already but the aging system doesn't work. In my latest jotnar game I've had 3 jotnar citizens since my first turn but the oldest unit I have is age 37. It's turn 117 and I'm in a marathon game.

Age is modified based on game speed. It is only 1:1 on normal speed.

I'm getting an application error for the Rifelauncher (0xc0000135)
I can load rife i just have to load it from the BTS mod screen, not major but annoying.
using 1.31

But wouldn't his happiness bonus cancel some of the calabim's strength's(bonuses from unhappy cits), and you still have a large unhealthiness penalty that will keep cities from growing too large.
I like to get a leader with charismatic and a trait that gives free promos(like raiders), and end up with an army of supersoldiers.:goodjob: Xivan T'nanvra and jotnar is another favourite.;)

edit: oh yeah I forgot about the calabim's population sacrifice...I don't tend to use that ability much.:blush:

+While it is true that more happiness would partly cancel one of the Calabim's strengths (dealing with unhappy population) this would in no way be a disadvantage since even the Calabim gain much higher yields from happy citizens then they do from unhappy one.

There should be a difference between "die" and "dispel/consumed" or whatever. As an example, I can use an Elk to get stag blood or create a King's Forest, and (since I'm elven) it immediately reappears as a wild Elk next to my city. And I can immediately use my 4 satyrs to Dominate it again. Rinse, repeat until I have King's Forest in all my cities, all from the same single Elk.

Bottom line, a "dispelled/consumed" creature should NOT trigger "die" effects.

+While it is true that more happiness would partly cancel one of the Calabim's strengths (dealing with unhappy population) this would in no way be a disadvantage since even the Calabim gain much higher yields from happy citizens then they do from unhappy one.

Can't they get up to 3 if they complete pillar of chains and their UB?

Wait....if calabim + Yakut = OP, does calabim + sacrifice the weak = godmode?:think:

Pretty close, but SotW requires AV which means Hell which means goodbye to your precious food. :p

noooo.....I was going to eat that:cry:

By the way Buboes just appeared in my game and I'm getting a -3 diplomacy hit for "units influencing another player's city" is that an intended effect for ashen veil civs? The other player is also evil and its a little annoying because I just got diplomacy up to friendly...:confused:

Top Bottom