Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

zeppelin17, you can't just copy XML from Civics and add it to Traits, and so forth. For them to work you'd need to add the new XML in the SDK as well; which would be time consuming. Generally speaking, you can only use XML tags either listed in the Modiki or Modder's Guide to AND.

If you have ideas on what changes should be made to traits, there is a ongoing thread in the AND forum.

The link to download ROM 2.92 is bad. I assume it is necessary in order to play New Dawn, yes? All of the xmls are missing when I tried to run it stand alone. Please update the link so I can give this mod a try, it looks like fun.
Thanks

The link to download ROM 2.92 is bad. I assume it is necessary in order to play New Dawn, yes? All of the xmls are missing when I tried to run it stand alone. Please update the link so I can give this mod a try, it looks like fun.
Thanks

Somewhere on the last pages there is another link, not torrent

I would like some of the additions if I could get further into the game, though thats due to me wanting a perfect starting position... Was the number of sea-based resources decreased on the PerfectWorld2 script? Also, is there anyway to turn off finding improvements on the land? I currently am in 5900BC or so, and next to my capital is two Modern Mines, a number of roads, and at least one tunnel. It kinda breaks the flow of the game.

i tried installing it with patch and all. and its on 2.92 RoM and yet I can't downloadand i get a message saying that woc_installer.jar not found
Help!

i found out the problem TURN ON THE UAC!

All my games end the same way.

Some far-off civ not met till caravels is 2-3 military techs ahead, apparently has a massive economy, hates me (different religions due to overseas), and has an army 10X mine, attacks 10-30 turns after meeting.

With the tech advantage, and massive army size the game is lost at this point. Not much to do when 40 units land in the first wave, with another 60 quickly following.

The only glimmer of hope is a highly promoted leader (from behind), but that army can only be a reactionary force and there are too many invasions. The super-civ always buys allies against me, and while their armies are near enough to mine to handle, it's a numbers game that can never be won.

Does anyone actually get past this point in the game?

I tried making all of the gunpowder era units national units to limit the numbers, but perhaps did not go wide enough in scope or low enough in numbers. Another change was to lower the free military units with the later civics (eg -5 free with Guilds).

Is there some sort of mod that could be incorporated that is able to limit the number of units (ie "realistic army size")?

I really like the culture preservation option, however disagree that recently captured cities would be trusted to raise significant numbers of troops. Don't know if it's still around, but there used to be a unit allegiance mod. Perhaps that is the missing component?

Is there some sort of mod that could be incorporated that is able to limit the number of units (ie "realistic army size")?

XUPT is in the mod. In the BUG Settings Page, go the A New Dawn tab, and change the maximum units per tile. ;)

It got added in 1.73, which is for 2.91. However, Revolutions work fine in AND 1.74.

Hi there
I have a question,
is there a way to get the MAD nukes mod to work with AND?
Thanks.

Also, im really liking AND,i cant wait for Civ V and seeing what you guys
can come up with. :) (also sorry if this is the wrong place for this)

Not unless you are proficient with C++, Python and XML. I'm considering adding MAD Nukes in 1.75 - but only if The Lopez straightens his act out and fixes the AI in MAD Nukes.

Afforess, any idea why my turns take 2minutes on medival age? I've started multiple games and this is always the result :(

This mod sounded so cool I had to try it.

Everything down-loaded and installed so I will try the mod now. I will let you know if I have any trouble.

Thanks for all your effort and your team's effort too.

Mark

Ok, I finally got the mod to work. Beautiful graphics and I love the detail. Thanks a million for the original mod and your update.

The only problem I had was the mod didn't change to my graphic default I set in BtS. I didn't think to look and the whole game crashed.

I looked and saw the graphics were set to High in the mod so I dropped them to Medium and the game worked.

What a joy to play. I love the look of the terrain, the new units, and the detail in the tech tree. Seems so much more real and it is a delight to play in that world you guys created.

Top Bottom