Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

thanks guys, that really helped. The problem is it says I don't have RoM downloaded. Dancing Hoskuld pointed by towards here when I mentioned on that thread I was having problems...

I also know for a fact I have the RoM folder in C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods, so I'm really not sure what the problem is.

I'd like to thank you guys again for the help, it must be a pain in the ass helping a new guy :)

AND doesn't require RoM - are you sure you are using the latest version?

AND doesn't require RoM - are you sure you are using the latest version?

yup, 1.75 patch C, correct? Should I just continue regardless?

EDIT: I went ahead and bypassed the message and installed the mod, but I do not bee an "A new dawn" folder in my "mods" folder, all I see is the following:

Mercenaries mod config
Rise of mankind (type: config setting) (1kb)
Rise of mankind (type: config setting) (2kb)
A New Dawn text document

inside the text document is this:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Withdraw Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Improved Artwork} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} {Battlefield Promotions} {Better Air Interception} {Trading Posts} {Spy Satellites}

Install Type:
Standard

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Windows Version:
Vista

Edit2: I see the problem, I downloaded 1.72.........

Once I get 1.75 downloaded it will probably work again. I would like to say again, thank you guys for your help.

yup, back again :(

I downloaded version 1.75, I checked the folder, and the assests folder is there, so according to the guy on the last page, it should work. I then patched it with the 1.75C thing, the folder I selected was the mods folder (the same one I put the mod in, not the AND folder), It appears on the load a mod scree, but when I try to load it up, I get an error saying "windows is checking for a solution" then it says that the program stoppped working due to an unidentified reason.

help?

Is your BtS patched to version 3.19?

Are you sure it is? If you used the in-game updater then you should not be sure. It tends to fail and then lie about it.

Are you sure it is? If you used the in-game updater then you should not be sure. It tends to fail and then lie about it.

thanks, just checked, updating

I laughed a bit that I'm installing an update for a game I bought 5 days ago XD

yea, just tried and it didn't work. Can you give me a link to an outside source where I can get it?

Hello =) Real nice work!

Everything seem's to work well for me, I have only one question: I dont find a way to put the Civs in they real starting location. I loaded the "gigantic Earth map" (50 civs... damn u.u) and my civ (greece) started on a desert õ_o There's a option to put the civs in the right spot that i cannot find it?

Thanks to the attention and sorry for the bad english and nobbish ^^ I getting started on Civilization games.

well, I downloaded 3.19, and now whenever I try to load the mod up, the loading up window appears on my scree, then an erreor pops up saying it stopped working.

:wallbash:

help anyone?

This is probably a stupid question but what the heck....I love this mod and it works perfect... however, is there anyway to change the date/year? It's just a little thing but bugs the heck out of me, I'm currently playing the loooooong version...My country has been Christian for about 500 years and it's "officially 500BC! I'm wondering if there is a way to start the "official" year at a plain old "1" when you found your first city? And just go from there.... like I said, small thing, but it's triggering my ocd:rolleyes:

This is probably a stupid question but what the heck....I love this mod and it works perfect... however, is there anyway to change the date/year? It's just a little thing but bugs the heck out of me, I'm currently playing the loooooong version...My country has been Christian for about 500 years and it's "officially 500BC! I'm wondering if there is a way to start the "official" year at a plain old "1" when you found your first city? And just go from there.... like I said, small thing, but it's triggering my ocd:rolleyes:

There is and it was at one point, but "everyone" complains no mater what is done. So nothing is done.:( Some people end up modding it themselves for their own game. I have not done it so I can't tell you how. Is there an option in the BUG options to turn of the date?

My first AND post was almost identical to that. You can only balance it for your own game prefs, because there are so many variables to be taken into acoount:- eg.

Game Speed
Map Size and Map type (early contact means faster teching generally)
No. of Civs (again the more the faster the tech rate)
Which individual AND components are active.

and many more.

You also have to adjust when barbs appear, to avoid the ais and even yourself getting overrun too early on.

There's a lot to think about. I tried it just for marathon/huge maps/13-16 civs on another mod I use to work on, and it took me months to get it right. But even then you can have the age of gunpowder starting in 600AD, in a flukish game.

Enjoy entering the middle ages in 1000BC :D

Thanks.....I was kind of thinking it would be more than a little complicated....sigh.... will probably play with it a little, just to see what I can do...I appreciate your fast responses......

Afforess, I love this modifaction of ROM! It doesn't lag as much the orginal and the new dawn concepts such as larger cities and usable mountains made every tile useful. Also as a big Sim city fan I was suprised/pumped when I entered the industrial, modern, and tranhumans era to hear sc3k and sc4 music. Good additions :goodjob:
Thank you.

1. I have yet to find out how to build sea tunnels. I can build normal land-lanes with my worker boats, but any land units refuse to travel through them.

a) Make the larger nukes DESTROY(as in raze) the cities they land on... I mean what's the point of having megaton yield nukes that can't reduce a single puny city to a pile of smoldering radioactive dust.
b) Make precision missiles that can target specific buildings built inside a city(like sabotage building, only with missiles)

3. I forgot...
(I know there was something else too, but for the life of me I can't remember; will get back to it when I do)

-elaboration on my last post:

When I start a game, it gives me an error when it tries to initiate graphics.

says its a runtime error

I modded the "CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml" a bit.
Now all game speeds end in 2150AD, instead of the default arbitrary ending years.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17261

Also - I have ideas to add a bit of realism to the mod:
1. Stuff should depend on distance:
a) Tech diffusion to other continents should be non-existant before the medieval age, and then fairly slow till the modern age.
b) Trading and trade agreements should also incur heavy penalties for longer distances.
Basically it should be really hard to do things that require transport, until you have advanced transportation methods. I think that's an underrated factor in civ4.

2. Have an option for maps to spawn additional civilizations throughout the ancient and classical era's(maybe medieval too, only with lower chances). This would have the effect of bringing total civ count from a measly max of 18 to a more realistic number.

And... could someone please explain how that "Sea Tunnels" feature works?

@thegreekboy250: You probably have a low-end graphics card. 256MB of video memory is the absolute minimum for this game. If not - best suggestion I got is to update your video drivers.

martix,

wow nice - how did you work the speeds to end exactly at 2150?
ive been trying that for years but with no luck.
can you help? i have a mod based on a new dawn.

sea tunnels - well - i never got to use it - but it allows a work boat to build road/railroad on water and land units can move on it.

Top Bottom