Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

I modded the "CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml" a bit.
Now all game speeds end in 2150AD, instead of the default arbitrary ending years.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17261

Also - I have ideas to add a bit of realism to the mod:
1. Stuff should depend on distance:
a) Tech diffusion to other continents should be non-existant before the medieval age, and then fairly slow till the modern age.
b) Trading and trade agreements should also incur heavy penalties for longer distances.
Basically it should be really hard to do things that require transport, until you have advanced transportation methods. I think that's an underrated factor in civ4.

2. Have an option for maps to spawn additional civilizations throughout the ancient and classical era's(maybe medieval too, only with lower chances). This would have the effect of bringing total civ count from a measly max of 18 to a more realistic number.

And... could someone please explain how that "Sea Tunnels" feature works?

@thegreekboy250: You probably have a low-end graphics card. 256MB of video memory is the absolute minimum for this game. If not - best suggestion I got is to update your video drivers.

thanks, I can understand that. Haven't upgraded my computer in forever.

dxdiag says my graphics card is a "NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430".......is that good enough?

it gives my 825 MB of of approx total memory.

martix,

wow nice - how did you work the speeds to end exactly at 2150?
ive been trying that for years but with no luck.
can you help? i have a mod based on a new dawn.

sea tunnels - well - i never got to use it - but it allows a work boat to build road/railroad on water and land units can move on it.
1. I built some lanes on water, but any land units refuse to move through them. Dunno why.

2. As for how I got the dates - in the archive from download link there is also an excel table. You can change the values in the bolded columns until you get the results you desire(they match the format from the .xml). It's how I figured out how to change the xml values.

@thegreekboy250: Yes, from what I can tell about your card(with wikipedia as source) it would appear that you lack the hardware power required to run the game properly.

I can't download it too. Something about insufficient permissions or somesuch.
Well it does say "This file is in the moderation queue". Maybe it is pending approval and approval guys are not here at present(which would be a reason for not working I guess).

P.S. Read my name again. :D
Here you go:

Attachments

• RoM - AND 1.75 consistent gamespeed.7z
    5.2 KB · Views: 60
b) Trading and trade agreements should also incur heavy penalties for longer distances.
Basically it should be really hard to do things that require transport, until you have advanced transportation methods. I think that's an underrated factor in civ4.

Except that the Temple Builders of Malta appear to have been a trading nation in the neolithic era. Trade in Civ is time based. In the neolithic it was probably something like a handful a year. Where as in the industrial era the same trade agreement would be a container ship full in a year.

I can't download it too. Something about insufficient permissions or somesuch.
Well it does say "This file is in the moderation queue". Maybe it is pending approval and approval guys are not here at present(which would be a reason for not working I guess).

P.S. Read my name again. :D
Here you go:

You have less than 30 posts so the file needs to be checked and approved.

I appear to have a bug in my RoM ND game. I'm running the most recent version with patch. Some of my units will not promote, even though they are above the threshold. This does not occur every time, but when it does, they will continue to acquire xp, but there will be no blue cloud and no promotion options.

Auto promote has been turned off since the start of the game. As I said earlier, this does not happen to all units, but it has happened to several units thus far. I just tried opening up my RoM options with CTRL+ALT+O to turn on auto promote hoping that would fix it, and it crashed my game.

also, I think I remember reading somewhere about a modmod that gives you a bunch more civilizations to play as, my question is, is that compatible with AND (can I play AND while using it), and where may I find it? Thanks guys.

EDIT: It seems I can play AND on huge, just not giant or gigantic. Well, w/e. I can deal with it until I acquire the funds to purchase a new gfx card.

EDIT 2: It's an extra civ addon pack and it's compatible with RoM. just want to know if the same applies for AND.

Thanks for the reply, but it has happened to units with all sorts of different promotion schemes (combat, city attack, withdrawal, etc), and it has happened to units too low to have 100% withdrawal.

In the 100% withdrawal case, was there any fix?

What's the tech that centers the world map?

Because i looked at the every tech in the Sevopedia:

NOTHING.

Cartography

Hi i just downloaded your mod so i could try it out, looks very intresting. I ran the installer for both downloads with no problems but the game is not showing up in the mod folder.. I have tried several times with it, any idea why it will not show up?

EDIT: never mind i figured out what i did wrong on that part. now it is in there and i can select it but it does not start at all very odd, what patch is this set to work with?

Going to give this mod a try, it looks really good. Any suggestions on number of UPT?

I'm currently using 25 UPT. This allows for some reasonable stack sizes, an army can still move around at once. But nothing to exaggerated like millions of soldiers on the same piece of land ;).

Hi Afforess,

I wonder if there is any chance and possibility to include Demographics Screen for other civilizations rather than yours only in AND 1.76? I mean those details such as population, GNP and so on. Available after gaining some espionage points or as a cheat - to compare your civilization to others in detail.
Not sure whether it already was discussed - not following forums on a regular basis.

Installation & Setup

1. If you are using Vista or Windows 7, Either turn off your UAC or Right-Click on your Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword shortcut, enter the properties menu, and under the "Compatibility" tab, select "Run As Administrator".

2. Download the Mod from the link above

3. Install the "Mods" folder on your computer (the installer should attempt to help you out here)

4. Install AND with the components you want.

5. Install the AND Patch

6. Launch BTS, load Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn, and play!

so is there 3 files I have to install or 2 (a new dawn and a new dawn patch)?

Top Bottom