Rise of Mankind - Addons (by Jooyo)

I played with it and I didn't have any issues. I got several slaves. They worked perfectly. I didn't see any problems.

Great! Thanks for testing :D

I will test Sea Tunel modmod one more time tommorow. If it will work like today I will upload all new modmods and SDK's :)

Today I have uploaded:

CoreDLL 1.13
===========
- some changes in 3 Plot Radius modmods
- fixed globals: SLAVE_UNIT
- support for Sea Tunnel and Better Jumplane modmods

New Modmods:
===========
Sea Tunnel v.1.0
Better Jumplane v1.0
Sources from CoreDLL v1.13 (below attributes description)

------------------------------

Next target? Better Wilderness and Better Pirates :king:

Awesome, thanks :)

Will finally (hopefully) have some time tonight, so your Sea Tunnels has made it in just in time to be included (my games often last 1-2 weeks, and I can't change mods after I start)

Awesome! I'll have to wait until my current game is done though :)

Hi All!

First - Jooyo, these modmods look excellent. Thank you for your work.

Secondly - I have a problem with the modular ones. I did what is supposed to be enough - I copied the dll and modular content to the proper mod directory, but I do not see any changes in the gameplay. Well, actually except the crash with the 1.11 version of core dll :) (I run 64-bit Windows 7, 1.12 works fine). Am I missing any additional step - I have modular loading enabled in the ROM ini?

3 plot radius - you will need to wait for enough culture level; if you choose balanced wait for 4th culture level
Civics attitude - this only work with some later civics
Enslavement - you need slavery civic enabled
Make Jungle/Forest and Terraforming - you need tech; terraforming is only available in late game

3 plot radius - you will need to wait for enough culture level; if you choose balanced wait for 4th culture level
Civics attitude - this only work with some later civics
Enslavement - you need slavery civic enabled
Make Jungle/Forest and Terraforming - you need tech; terraforming is only available in late game

Well, yes - I am aware of that. I have chosen the early version of the 3 plot radius. I have already the city with refined culture and still only 2 plots are available. I have also made a try with the latest version of the mod - I started the game, founded the city and gave it 100000 culture with world editor - still nothing.

I am actually perplexed by this. I tried to find something about modular loading and Vista (which is I suppose similiar to 7) but I can only find some old threads about it not working. I tried to disable modular loading and copied 3 plot .xml changes to the appropriate files, but then the game crashed upon starting the game.

I tried copying the mods (or .ini files and even whole RoM) to the \My Documents\My Games... folder, still nothing. I have really run out of the ideas...

that's strange... I don't have idea why this don't work. So is this happen on actual and earlier version this mean that is something with CoreDLL. If it doesn't install correctly this mods will don't work. Make sure that dll is replaced correctly (check last modified date).

BTW Are you using administrators account?

that's strange... I don't have idea why this don't work. So is this happen on actual and earlier version this mean that is something with CoreDLL. If it doesn't install correctly this mods will don't work. Make sure that dll is replaced correctly (check last modified date).

BTW Are you using administrators account?

Then we are of a same mind :)

Yes, I am using the admin account. I have replaced the core dll today with the 1.13 version (date matches). And it looks that dll is loaded... I had a CTD with the 1.11 that went away with 1.12. Really strange.

Could it be something with the .ini location? My Civ 4 is installed in the c:\games\civ4\ folder and I have copied the RoM and your modmods there. Also the .ini for RoM is there. But the .ini for vanilla Civ4 BTS is in the \Users\... folder (together with the saves). But there is nothing there connected with RoM.

I had trouble getting these to work too until I turned "modular loading" on in the Rise of Mankind.ini file, now they work fine.

Try a total reinstall of RoM and the modules here, make sure your putting them in your BTS/Mods directory (not Documents), and ensure that you have "modular loading" enabled in the correct .ini file. That's the process I went through and now it works fine.

EDIT: The mods need to be installed under Beyond the Sword, not vanilla Civ4.

Something like:
"C:\Games\Civ4\BTS\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules"

I NEVER touch RoM's ini file. Only Revolution ini. So just make sure you put RoM in Program files/xxx Games/Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods.

Then just copy over RoM's folder with Jooyo's downloads because Jooyo already did all directory formating for you. (Note: if you are fairly knowledgable with folder structure, you can manually put what is new in its place and note what is added/changed).

That is what I do and no crashes except when I used Vista before I changed to dualbooting with XP now. Now, no crashes with Jooyo's :cool: dll!

I NEVER touch RoM's ini file. Only Revolution ini. So just make sure you put RoM in Program files/xxx Games/Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods.

Then just copy over RoM's folder with Jooyo's downloads because Jooyo already did all directory formating for you. (Note: if you are fairly knowledgable with folder structure, you can manually put what is new in its place and note what is added/changed).

That is what I do and no crashes except when I used Vista before I changed to dualbooting with XP now. Now, no crashes with Jooyo's :cool: dll!

I did a complete reinstall. I purged, plowed and sowed the ground with salt. And then installed exactly by the book. I even kept the default destination folder (which is a thing I sincerely detest). And the good thing is - it WORKS! Right outside the box. Why I have not tried this earlier? Must be getting old for this 'technology' thingie :)

I suppose the reason is that with changes of the install directory some links stop working. Sloppy work on behalf of Firaxis (or MS, hard to tell). For example I can access the civ ini through the .lnk provided in the install folder, which I couldn't earlier.

How does this work with Aakanda's religious modmods?

I recommend that you install EVERYTHING (or close to it, atleast) he uploaded because they work together. Just be ready for SSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW turn, that is all.

The reason i said everything is because some of his mods are unofrtunately not independently modular. It is his decision but... *shrug*

Good luck :D.

Top Bottom