Rise of Mankind - Addons (by Jooyo)

If I crash i will upload the savegame and the zipped module. Should be ready by tonight.
Ok so I will check it tommorow

FFH2 concept for 3 plot radius is hard to describe if you haven't played it yourself. If you want to get a feel for it, then I would suggest downloading the mod, and playing as the Kariotes (the only civ in that mod that get the 3 plot radius cities.
Thanks for info :) Of course I will Download and play a while with this mod.

Re: FFH 3-plot radius

You get them one of two ways:

- 1) You play as a particular race/leader, in which case you are limited to *3* (varies with map-size) normal "cities" but they are all 3-radius

- 2) You build the wonder called "City of a Thousand Slums", which allows just THAT city to expand to 3-radius.

It is worth thinking about - we all agree that 3-radius cities are fun and a bonus, but maybe you could assign getting the expanded radius to a particular building, wonder or national wonder. Maybe 3 cities per civilisation can build a particular wonder that enables it.

Just throwing ideas out there, something theme-wise and at the right technology mark would have to be found. But that's just flavour if you decide this is what you want to do balance wise.

May be a good idea to have an "abandon city" component to this modmod for the 3 plot radius piece. This would allow for cluster development of smaller cities early on that would evolve and converge in later eras, allowing some cities to be abandoned in favor of larger cities later.

RoM already has an abandon city component "alt-c" in the city screen. It also allows you to sell some buildings.

Here are savegame file and Module in a rar file.

I have played this 15 turns and no CTD, errors... What you do before crash?

What? That is strange.

I had done nothing unusual. I just clicked Next Turn.
Then I sentried one spearman in Shanghai with another.
Then I end turn.
The barbarians came closer. I was ready with my army in Beijing. One more turn. I click next turn and it just CtD.

I clicked End Turn on that savegame.
I sentried that spearman with another spearman.
Then I went ahead and saved again but when I tried to save it, the dialog popped up and said, "Failed to compress the game data".

Any ideas?

Again and no crash. I even destroyed this barbarians... You have Vista 64 and this is a reason, but this is problem only with my CoreDLL... So I must know why this happen

Then I went ahead and saved again but when I tried to save it, the dialog popped up and said, "Failed to compress the game data".
Any ideas?
Not yet, but I will compile the dll one more time for you. I will change some code.

Not yet, but I will compile the dll one more time for you. I will change some code.

Alright. i will wait for that.
Thank you for your help :).

Can you try install THIS ? I don't know but this should work with your savegame.

Thank you.

I loaded that savegame and it crashed without even initializing.

So I'm going to play another game. If it crash, I will have to uninstall RoM and reinstall it then reinstall your gamecore. Here is to hope that is not the case. i will update you tonight or before.

You don't need reinstall whole RoM. If this will crash also, I will need to find another solution.

You don't need reinstall whole RoM. If this will crash also, I will need to find another solution.

OK. Thank you. I already removed RoM. However, I don't mind because it may give me fresh mental state, if you know what I mean. Then I will reinstall ONLY your mods, Vincentz mods, nobuildings mod, Realistic Dip mod, and Static. After that, if I crash, you will know what mods I ONLY have installed and we can go from there.

If you are using windows Vista, you have to unpack the .zip or .rar of the mod onto your desktop, then unpack/unzip all other mod-mods to your desktop also, then, when you have the mod with all the modmods you want, you then cut and past the whole mod folder to your mod folder for the game: C:/programfiles/firaxis games/.../BTS/mods.

Also, for Vista, once you have the mod up and running, and you want to change the contents of one of the XML files for example or add a modmod later, then you have to unpack/unzip the modmod to your desktop then copy and past all of the files into your mod folder as above.

Finally, I recommend (for changes to individual files) to save a copy of the file on your desktop, change the internal contents, then cut and paste the file back to where it came from.

If you do not do the above, then changes are not saved in Vista to files saved under the C:/programfiles/... directory.

This has been my problem in the past, and it may be part of your problem now, os79. If not, it's good advice for all other Vista users.

@jooyo, I still can't get browninterface to work, but that's a minor thing really :)

Thanks, S the Gray.

Jooyo, I installed RoM and your mods, Vincentz, and few others.

By the way, I noticed that all your mods came in two copies: X and Custom X. How come? Is that supposed to mean something or is that for me to choose whichever because both of them work either way? Or do I need to have both of them?
Thanks!

I still can't get browninterface to work, but that's a minor thing really :)
And I still haven't any idea how to solve this problem :/

By the way, I noticed that all your mods came in two copies: X and Custom X.
Some mods are installed in custom some in "not custom" folder. Do you mean "copies" from the same mod? You should always use latest version of mods.

And I still haven't any idea how to solve this problem :/

Some mods are installed in custom some in "not custom" folder. Do you mean "copies" from the same mod? You should always use latest version of mods.

I meant for example the Brown Theme. It came with BOTH Custom folder and just plain folder.

It happens just the same way with HitM. The modder said my gamesave played just fine on his side. so that mean it is something wrong with my side.

Only 3.19 gamecore that work without fail is RevDCM original gamecore that Zappara is using. That is weird.

I'm going to playtest with the original gamecore. That means of course I can't use your mods that require the gamecore you provide. But I need to be 100% percent sure that nothing else is wrong with RoM or my computer.

And the above post I meant to say for example you had for Brown Theme, you put in BOTH Interface and Custom Interface. I just installed Custom Interface and the theme works just fine.

I have updated brown interface [silent update] to be installed in interface folder (custom interface will not working in future RoM patch). As I said use only latest versions :)

Top Bottom