Rise of Mankind - Addons (by Jooyo)

The three plot radius is fun, but has some sideeffects worth noting. First off, the AI doesn't use the concept. Their cities are placed too close together to really benefit from the increased radius. I recommend you alter the files that effect city placement, and increase the minimum from two tiles apart for cities to three tiles.

If that can be done, then its a must! As it was with civ4 (and rom) before, the AI didnt even benifit from the second radius, but putting cities way too close with too much overlap (IMO). I, personally, dont plan cities for the 3rd range, but put them in "normal" range. But sometimes a resource pops up with a tech, and then its nice you can use it instead of just having a useless improvement. BTW I found another feature/bug : When a city only has culture level 1 it cannot use second range even though its inside cultural border.

A little bit of feedback on City Size 3 mod:

Firstly, thank you very much. City Size 3 is now on my "can't play without it" list :)

On the positives:

- I love the direction this makes me lean as a player. I make fewer cities, and they're farther apart. Each city is "more" in every way as it can take it's pick from a larger range of tiles. That said, I can still scrunch them up and they can overlap each other if necessary (and indeed the AI does that). It does mean that I have to sacrifice early game security (closer together cities are easier to defend) to gain late-game mega-metropolises utilising massive amounts of tile space.

On the negatives:

There does seem to be an adverse effect in my current game due to the TILE based happiness modifiers on Shaft Mine.

If you do 3-city radius cities, there is the chance of so many more shaft mines being included in that radius that you come across mid-game happiness issues. These issues are sufficient to mean I'm going to have to stop using Shaft Mines altogether except for resource acquisition.

I think it's probably a fair trade off. I think it may well be. I know that all it took was mining only the unforested hills and some of my production cities are looking at -8 happy... Which is a big nasty hit to cope with, but I'm having to restructure my plans and build orders and managing to cope. Some of my best cities are still 1-2 unhappy, but without new tech, I can't help them. I'm going to have to engineer-rush some happiness wonders in mid-late game to sort that out...

Perhaps if you wanted to, you could include in your mod something to tone the unhappiness down somewhat, or make it only occur once. Otherwise "production cities" will end up looking very different - a lot less mines! :)

Maybe reducing the unhappiness to -1 per shaft mine?

Maybe reducing the unhappiness to -1 per shaft mine?
Yes, game with 3 city radius need balancing. If anyone else will vote for this I will change it. I'm not play yet with this modmod and I can't say which changes are good and balanced. So I'm open for proposal :)

I'm preparing Civics Attitude modmod. It can change attitude to other leader who also have the same civic (for example: if you have using democracy and other leader using also democracy this modmod will give you extra +3 to attitude to this leader). Below list of attitude changes so far...

GOVERMENT:
======
REPUBLIC +3
DEMOCRACY +3
COMMUNIST +3

POWER:
======
SENATE +1
PARLIAMENT +1
PRESIDENT +2

SOCIETY:
======
MARXIST +2

ECONOMY:
======
PLANNED +1
CORPORATIST +1
KEYNESIAN 1
ENVIRONMENTALISM +3

RELIGION:
======
SECULAR +1
ATHEIST +2

WELFARE:
======

FUTURE:
======
PARADISE +3

Any suggestions?

I have updated first post with:

CoreDLL v1.11 - added new 3 civics attributes, optimized 3 plot radius, some fixes
Enslavement + slave unit modmod - enslavement ability with slavery civic
Civics Attitude modmod - some attitude bonuses to other leaders who have the same civic (work only with some civics described above)

Also thanks to Vincentz I have updated 3 plot radius modmod. Now you no longer need to change anything manually :)

Wow this is fantastic. Every day lots of new minimods/modules are released - actually, I can't play anything but a short testgame game in between, cause I want all the new stuff in my "real epic journey game". RoM is so alive, it's unbelievable!!!

(To be honest I'd like to see all minimods to be (optional) part of RoM 2.8, so all this dl, install, dl, install etc. thing is history, for example after a reinstall)

Hmmm after installing newest core.dll an error appeared while loading... (see screenie)

OK I will fix this... give me 30 min ;)

Ok now should work. Please redownload latest CoreDLL and Enslavement modmod [I made silent update]

Thx for fast fix! :D

I think that all religion civics beyond State Church should be +2 diplo bonus.

I also think that all civics should have a minimum benefit of +1 if shared/common with another civ.

In regards to the 3 range city mod mod: If you make the min city range value 3, the AI will be even worse off, since they will have fewer cities. I typically change this value manually myself to 1. The AI places cities to attain resources, so a smaller number often helps them and more cities clustered early on is actually a military benefit to the AI early on.

Wow this is fantastic. Every day lots of new minimods/modules are released - actually, I can't play anything but a short testgame game in between, cause I want all the new stuff in my "real epic journey game". RoM is so alive, it's unbelievable!!!

(To be honest I'd like to see all minimods to be (optional) part of RoM 2.8, so all this dl, install, dl, install etc. thing is history, for example after a reinstall)

Hmmm after installing newest core.dll an error appeared while loading... (see screenie)

I get the same error too.

Oh nevermind, I see it's fixed, redownloading, thank you!

Jooyo, I love the three plot radius, but it's so broken. By the medieval era, cities are size 30 (not realistic) and have +50 unhealthiness, even after all the available healthy buildings have been built.

For some reason, your latest gamecore caused hangup.

I'm using Vista 64-bit if that helps. I'm still testing my theory. Already tossed out AAranda mods. Still CtD.
Tossed Alfresso's Military Civics mod just now.
Will test again. But I have a strong suspicion that your newest core was done wrong way because your last one, the one without slavery coded into it, was just fine.

It appears my hypothesis is mistaken. It seems that it was Alfresso's military civics that caused CtD. I tested by Autoplay for 500 turns. Now I'm going to retest manually. If there is no longer any crash, then my apologies for alarmist post above :).

Perhaps more health buildings are required? Or perhaps that's ok to let a city get super huge if you can accept the huge unhealthiness penalty? Perhaps the health penalty balances the huge size that you can in theory reach....

I am working hard to finish my current marathon game before downloading more modmods.

FFH2 does 3 plot radius cities well IMO. Does the AI stop growth properly to reduce unhealthiness???

May be a good idea to have an "abandon city" component to this modmod for the 3 plot radius piece. This would allow for cluster development of smaller cities early on that would evolve and converge in later eras, allowing some cities to be abandoned in favor of larger cities later.

I crashed again. So I'm going to attach
1. My savegame...
2. My module folder has these things:
Dancing Ho(whatever) all movies
All Vincentz mods except for Warlords I (of course, because I have Warlords II)
All your mods except for Poland Empire and Espionage process mods.
My IDLE mod
ROME Celts
ROME WWI Mod
Realistic Dip
Static
NoBuildingsMod
And in addition, my RoM as total is how you installed it with your latest gamecore so our RoM should be similar except for that module folder.

I think that all religion civics beyond State Church should be +2 diplo bonus.
I also think that all civics should have a minimum benefit of +1 if shared/common with another civ.
I will think about that.

Jooyo, I love the three plot radius, but it's so broken. By the medieval era, cities are size 30 (not realistic) and have +50 unhealthiness, even after all the available healthy buildings have been built.
All this unhealthiness are from city size, improvements, feature or somethink else?

Perhaps more health buildings are required? Or perhaps that's ok to let a city get super huge if you can accept the huge unhealthiness penalty? Perhaps the health penalty balances the huge size that you can in theory reach....
I will not add any new building but I can increase health from buildigs.

FFH2 does 3 plot radius cities well IMO.
How this work in FFH2?

Does the AI stop growth properly to reduce unhealthiness???
I don't know that. This need tests.

I crashed again. So I'm going to attach
1. My savegame...
I can't load this... I don't know why... But just tell me is this happen in your turn when you clicking something? Is this happen on medieval era? Which civ do you play? I heard that ROM in this era crashing even without my newest coreDLL.

I can't load this... I don't know why... But just tell me is this happen in your turn when you clicking something? Is this happen on medieval era? Which civ do you play? I heard that ROM in this era crashing even without my newest coreDLL.

Snail speed, GEM 4 Civs (Chinese for me), it always was in between 2500-2000 BCE when crashes happens.

Ok, my next task then is to remove ALL mods except for your enslavement and slave unit then play till I crash (or not). If I crash i will upload the savegame and the zipped module. Should be ready by tonight.
Thanks for your help :).

FFH2 concept for 3 plot radius is hard to describe if you haven't played it yourself. If you want to get a feel for it, then I would suggest downloading the mod, and playing as the Kariotes (the only civ in that mod that get the 3 plot radius cities.

Your modmod may be fine as it is IF the AI avoids growth to avoid the health penalties.

Top Bottom