• Led Zeppelin - by far

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Love them both

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters
If I'm honest, Led Zep slightly.

Tempted to say by far, but that would not be based on the music, but as a reaction to the constant vigorous fellatio the Beatles get. It's one of the greatest, but also one of the most over-hyped bands.

^^I'm inclined to agree.

I personally like Led Zep better, but that's because of how I much I love John Bonham as a drummer, and my preference to more bluesy styles of music. There are lots of individual Beatles songs that I like, but none as much as I like Fool In The Rain, or a handful of other Zep songs.

Both of them are for pretentious teenagers who think they're so ahead of the game by liking a band more than 10 years old.
Does it count that I've been alive when they were both still making records? ;)

Anyhoo, I'm kind of torn over this, but I am going to give a slight edge to the Beatles.

I really like them both, but I'll give a slight edge to the Beatles. I love Led Zeppelin, but they have been known to be ripoff artists at times. I don't think anyone can fairly accuse the Beatles of being unoriginal.

Neither. The Kinks trump both AGAIN!

I can listen to Zep for longer, and still find them enjoyable, but there are a handful of Beatles songs I find way better than any Zep song.

Zep, cuz when you play it backwards you get satanic messages and the name Zep backwards is Pez which is spanish for fish (which is delicious) and English for little sugary pills (also delicious) which come in cute dispensers

/thread

EDIT: And I'm not a huge fan of either but have to give Zep the edge in my own personal preferences.

Pink Floyd trumps them both, though. One word: Echoes.

*head explodes*

bump (ten chars)

Beatles by a bit. I can't stand Robert Plant, otherwise I'd choose Led Zeppelin.

I can listen to Zep for longer, and still find them enjoyable, but there are a handful of Beatles songs I find way better than any Zep song.

Same here.

/thread

Pink Floyd trumps them both, though. One word: Echoes.

*head explodes*

I agree!!! Not to mention I enjoy PF's The Wall more than Song Remains the Same and Hard Day's Night.

I had to give a slight edge to Zeppelin, even though I do love both. I love John Paul Jones on the bass. I really can't think of much else, they are both so great in both ways. I know the OP said that you shouldn't bring up talent of the musicians, but as a musician, I have to say that Jimmy Paige is an amazing guitarist, and I really like his sound. I also enjoy the more guitar centered aesthetic in Zeppelin as opposed to the vocal or piano centered aesthetic the Beatles used alot. Both bands are four people that were just meant to make music together, but I think I like Led Zeppelin a bit more.

bump ten chars

Both of them are for pretentious teenagers who think they're so ahead of the game by liking a band more than 10 years old.
But Led Zeppelin have the metalhead vote, which is a bit more sincere. Ten years is nothing in metal.

Top Bottom