1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"Rogue Units"??

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Alexander M Zoltai, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

Hmmm ...

Alexander M Zoltai likes this.
  2. Alexander M Zoltai

Alexander M Zoltai Chieftain

I do have autosaves but I've never used them and will have to look into it……

As far as "sarcasm" goes, have you read all that individual said to me before I said what you question? I feel I was fairly mild, considering………

3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

This is known isn’t it?
    Seen a flurry of them last year after the patch. Rogue unit even though at peace. I’ll check bugs.
    EDIT ah you have raised the bug, good. It seems no one else did last year, you are not alone but thankfully does not seem prevalent.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    cvb and AntSou like this.
  4. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

I'm sorry, but what did you feel I wrote that was offensive to you? I was trying to help you by directing you to the most appropriate section of the forum (where you would also get more looks), linking you to 2K Support, and suggesting that save games or screenshots should be uploaded to help diagnose the problem. In hindsight I suppose I should have just ignored your post and let in languish in Tech Support where it might have remained indefinitely and unanswered. :rolleyes:

Meluhhan and lotrmith like this.
  5. Alexander M Zoltai

Ah……… Your message is a relief—I'm not alone :)

6. Alexander M Zoltai

it took you a number of posts to give me the Bug link—and, you treated my concern as "non-technical"; plus, I wasn't looking for more visibility, just a solution—and, my words that someone called sarcastic were not—they were Thankful………

7. Victoria

As there is no save it’s hard for them to debug and as no one reported it last year it’s a bit sad but I’ll see if I can dig up another of the posts where it happened (seemed to be with friends/alliances) and post in the bug thread.

The written word is often misread, let’s all be friends. Also for suspected bugs it is best to use general discussions forum Initially as others are not read by most.

Meluhhan and comatosedragon like this.
  8. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

To me it looked as if, by saying someone was actually being helpful, that others were not. In my opinion they were all very helpful, they just did not provide the solution you were looking for.
    You might not have meant to be sarcastic, and others might not agree with me, I just wanted to state my opinion and make you aware of how, at least one person, read your message as possibly being sarcastic : )

But then, I'm also a little thrown off by your way of writing, which makes it harder for me to read all your initial messages and get a clear picture of what is going wrong.

If you feel you were being mild, I'm not sure how you get people to help you. People volunteer their time to read your message and to reply to it. I am thankful for that even if they don't provide me with a solution. Not saying there is a right or wrong, just showing you my perspective.

I'm glad Victoria remembers others having seen this issue too. I have never seen it myself luckily, or have just pushed it out of my memory : P

9. nauberry

nauberry Chieftain

When units pillage districts, they dont fire at them IIRC. They only shoot at city centers, encampments and units.

Meluhhan likes this.
  10. Alexander M Zoltai

Gotcha………

11. Alexander M Zoltai

"IIRC"………??

12. Alexander M Zoltai

BTW—I'm about 200 turns further on in the scenario and nothing like what I described has happened again………

13. Alexander M Zoltai

Hmmm……… What you read as sarcastic was my thanking that person………

14. Victoria

So what happened to the rogue unit?
    The issue I remember the unit effectively wrecked the game
    ...IIRC= If I Recall Correctly

nauberry likes this.
  15. Alexander M Zoltai

No, the game wasn't wrecked—the unit fired on an Entertainment center then went to the northern part of my territory while Indonesia was fighting its other troops—hung out there till Indonesia went away then faded into it's own territory—haven't seen it since, 200 turns later………

But………

When it happened I mourned for a bit since it seemed the money I spent was wasted……

Now, if it happens again, I'll just trudge on—unless some Civ I'm allied with sends all its troops at me :)

16. Victoria

You must fix the district before the buildings within it. Cart before the horse an all that.
    Agreed but at least you could play on. I would treat it like a 'disaster'. Hurricanes and blizzards etc can wipe out a lot more that a district and a building and are so random. One game i made my first settler and a tornado killed it.

I have dug around with no luck but am pretty sure I have seen 2 threads where an ally unit started rampaging even though you were not at war with them. I believe it was due to an emergency but memory is entropic as is the will to continue searching. As it is no biggie for you I think I'll call it quits.

on a side note... Nice Odyssey, quite baring, thanks for sharing. "Education that isn’t" ... Hmm everything educates in my book of things but we all have our own book I guess.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  17. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

If I remember/recall/read correctly = IIRC.

18. Alexander M Zoltai

Thanks for Caring………………………

19. Alexander M Zoltai

THANKS

nauberry likes this.
  20. AntSou

AntSou King

It's the over-use of "......." that's confusing people. I don't know how much experience you have writing online, but seeing you didn't know what iirc meant, perhaps you're also not aware what the "..." is used for?

Writing "thanks for caring..." instead of "thanks for caring." implies there's no finality to the thought/comment, and that one should read more into it. The fact you're also italicizing the word contributes to this perception.

It might not be easy to see at first, but when you write "That's helpful......" this is likely how most people are reading it:

- That's "helpful" (sarcastic)
    - That's helpful :rolleyes: (sarcastic)

Hope that clarifies why some people are confused.

Karmah, BenitoChavez, AlannaT and 2 others like this.