RoM Latest Version

I'm afraid that's quite funny! :) Dial up was the "good old days" when we had to use normal phone lines with a modem and send data over that. You called a phone number, a modem answered, they established communications and your connection was SLOW!!

I remember trying to send emails and receive them living on a farm with dial up AND a party line! eeek!! Not to mention all possible email providers were long distance. At least I got a private line before I found online games or web surfing! When we moved to town we got a second line, that helped, then finally our little town moved to DSL about ten years ago. whew!!
I remember those days! WWW didn't exist at that time, I used to dial up to BBS (Bulletin Board Systems) with my modem and played games online there (MUDs, VGA Planet).. mom hated the high phone bills and I had to work to pay it (luckily we had strawberry farm where I could work ;)).. but oh'boy it was fun :D

You coulda played Ultima Online with a dialup 14.4 kbs modem! My friends kindly told me I was like a turtle in peanut butter! Those are the same friends that, ten years later, I play ROM with! I'm going to visit them next week, I can't wait.

Good for you Carwyn. :D

JosEPh:)

sorry if this has been covered before but is anyone else experincing any problems with the full of resource mapscript? (Tried searching)

Everytime I generate a map no matter what settings i select there is a huge amount of tundra and snow on the map... more so than if the climate was cold. The only way I can get it to stop doing this is to select no tundra or snow at all and then there is obviously none... but this is unnacceptable for me to use.

The mapscript looks pretty good so I was in the process of trying it out!

Zappara, could you please clarify the opening post? Missing descriptions for Lite, Full, and Mega. Also the link to required hotfix ought to be right there.

Zappara, could you please clarify the opening post? Missing descriptions for Lite, Full, and Mega. Also the link to required hotfix ought to be right there.
I updated the first post with small descriptions. Hotfixes are included v2.81 patch.

I installed RoM 2.8 and the 2.81 in a new computer. Everything works fin except I get the Civ Warlords opening screen with a small white Rise of Mankind on the upper right corner, instead of the beautiful Earth RoM screen I used to get. Also, the music is the Warlords music instead of the RoM music of the opening screen. I installed three times with the same result. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Did you extract RoM into My Documents or the main BtS folder ? RoM only works from the Main BtS/Mods folder.

At opening screen select Advanced.

Next screen select Options

Options screen under Graphics tab at bottom left, Opening Menu drop down menu, Click little v in upper right corner select either BtS Classical or Beyond the Sword from menu. Then click exit. Voila.

JosEPh ;)

This may be covered somewhere else, if so I apologize, but I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and I cannot load Rise of Mankind on it. I believe it has something to do with permissions/attributes and I've tried changing the permissions and then went to the command prompt and tried to change the attributes of the Program Files (x86) folder where Civ 4 and Beyond the Sword are located, but had no luck. Please help!

Hey,

I have a question about the "world bank" building, It says it gives
10% :gold: to all cities
adds 50% :gold: to reserves
and gives 2% interest on :gold: reserves per turn

But it's not giving me the 2% :gold: interest :( I seem to remember that it worked in previous versions, I'm just wondering if you know and that this was intentional. If so maybe you can remove the part that still says it gives you 2%, because this kinda screwed me, if I had known I wouldn't get the 2% interest I wouldn't have wasted my time with it.

Thanks,

EDIT: I think I'm mistaken, after reluctantly doing some math in my head it seems that I am getting 2% interest on my reserves, it just doesn't show it on the :gold: per turn number, it does it automatically behind the scenes.

Hey, Zappara! I really like this mod. I am currently using version 3.05. I wondered if you could take a look at the leader traits though. I like that you went for authenticity, but I think it would be a lot more fun if there were more combination's of leader traits. For example, most of the humanitarian leaders are also philisophical. It seems that mixing up the traits would give more diversity in leaders and mean a lot more. Also, is the spiritual trait really so powerful that it only has one type of building it can build faster? Maybe it should have a bit more to it than the anarchy no more than 2 turns and building temples. Anyway, I would like to hear what you might say about these questions.

You are? I thought we were using 2.81, unless I'm very much mistaken!

Yes, Arakhor, you are technically correct. The last version of RoM is 2.81, but there is a mod of this mod called Rise of Mankind Expanded, or ROME. The latest version of ROME is 3.05...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=344870

You can find it at that link. Anyways, I was mostly looking to see if I could get more diversity of the leader traits. However, maybe this will be a problem since the ROME mod isn't an official version of this mod. I guess I should post in that other thread then. Sorry about the confusion.

No problems :)

i downloaded and have been playing rom 2.8 full with the 2.81 patch.

I like to try to play on the higher difficulty levels, however I dont like the AI getting additional starting techs.

I went to the handicap infos xml file & deleted archery from the AI's handicap bonus on monarch difficulty level. However, when I play the game and the AI founds a new city they still have archers as their default units, instead of warriors, even though they do not have the archery tech.

Does anyone know how to fix this so that the AI will have warrior default units instead of archers, no matter what the difficulty level?

thanks.

i downloaded and have been playing rom 2.8 full with the 2.81 patch.

I like to try to play on the higher difficulty levels, however I dont like the AI getting additional starting techs.

Isn't it AI getting additional starting techs an important feature of higher difficulty?
You probably need to decide, if you want more challenge or not ;) at the first place.

Isn't it AI getting additional starting techs an important feature of higher difficulty?
You probably need to decide, if you want more challenge or not ;) at the first place.

No..I want to play on higher difficulty, but i have lengthened the research time on my mod so i can play each era longer. Id like to have wars in the beginning of the game, on high difficulty, where its warriors vs warriors and javelineers vs javelineers etc..but this is not really possible if the AI starts with archery. I basically have to wait till I get chariots or spearmen etc before going to war..

Top Bottom