Rule with Faith

Rule with Faith

Hey!
I'm getting the problem that when I try to start the game, it gives me error code (before showing which civ I'd get in random civ game) and returns to either main menu or mod management.
I've tried the modding.log thing to search for "failed to release save point" (none found) and fixes given, to no avail. I've tried verifying integrity of game files and no use.
Game works with all my other mods together but not with Rule With Faith
Game doesn't work with all un-official mods disabled except Rule With Faith

I got R&F and Aztec DLCs from the official ones.
Modlist will include the rest.

Thanks in advance for help!

Attaching logs and modlist.
Actually logs apparently can't be uploaded, so I'll link through pastebin
https://pastebin.com/BdUVGLri - Modding.log
https://pastebin.com/b6PC6nLX - Database.log
https://pastebin.com/BZ2N90RR - Lua.log

Edit: Apparently the attachments did go through against all odds, in the .txt form as I converted since .log didn't work.

Attachments

• Modlist.txt
    886 bytes · Views: 43
  • Database.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Lua.txt
    26.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Modding.txt
    131.6 KB · Views: 41
Please see this post until I can push an update. If that doesn't work for you, let me know. Thanks for being thorough in your bug report :happytibs:
Thank you for quick response.
Sadly however, I do not have the mentioned Persia DLC so this fix a bust for me :(

I have a question: In a previous version of the mod, putting the Age of Migration Dark Policy in your tableau would actually generate a melee unit in *all* cities in your empire except your capitol upon adopting it, rather than in new cities upon founding them. Is this deliberate? If not, was it fixed in the current version?

Last edited:
Probably, the influences of Flavius Josephus' categorization of governments is something I've taken for granted here, because you're absolutely right. I think that Feudal Monarchy as is cannot be made anything but monarchic without losing intuitiveness (if for no other reason than because that's the one with monarchic in the title; but indeed you're right, the feudal monarch depends on his lordly subjects such that it basically renders his government aristocratic rather than truly monarchic), but reconfiguring Theocracy to cover those imperial states that depended on sacralizing themselves is a worthwhile idea. I think Imperial Monarchy would be appropriate here; calling it Imperial alone raises the dissonance around Feudal *Monarchy* being not-a-monarchy, and none of the other Governments are adjectival anyway. And whilst I do think Merchant Republic can fit comfortably as an aristocratic class, I also agree it can sit comfortably enough as democratic (at least as much as Theocracy can but really more so); connotatively because of elections but also politically because of the participation of the proto-middle classes. So, thank you for perservering; this is something I will definitely contemplate to change.

And to clarify, Theocracy always was the outlier; it never settled well within the three classes (naturally, given the Josephus influences in which it is distinctly outside those classes). But shifting it elsewhere always raised problems because of its deeply religious connotations; God as sovereign is neither truly monarchic nor democratic nor aristocratic. Of the three, I still feel that democratic is the most appropriate - if God is sovereign, then all else are equal in government, but that in itself is not exactly intuitive, and indeed depends heavily on a view of theocracies that I took for granted when figuring out its place (tbf though Theocracy is a default Government and I had no reason to really think it couldn't remain so :p). But here reworking Theocracy to be a bit less theoretical and Judeo-Christian-centric is the best option. Besides which, its terribly Western to overlook the early centralization of such states as China, which was most certainly neither a feudal monarchy nor a merchant republic. The God-is-sovereign Theocracy is better served in whatever State Religion mechanic may come.

Re. Chrisy, I do still think Imperial is the way to go. Imperial and Empire are notoriously conflated; definitions are terribly blurred. Imperial as the supremest form of power, however (rather than say someone ruling over an empire or over empire-like polity), necessarily and indeed historically includes spiritual power, and so still imo fits the religious card focus - though the card compositions as a whole may not favour this. It's something I need to stand back and look at again.

Well I'll give it some more thought anyway. There's more than just political theory for me to consider - there's the level of intuitiveness given to the apolitical player, there's the line of card compositions and how they progress (mechanically), there's the appropriateness of the art and the First Minister system already in place, how badly such a change will affect mod support, etc.

Thanks for listening! I like "Imperial Monarchy" or "Imperial Hierarchy" a lot as a name for the Roman/Chinese/Persian style of government with highly centralized political and spiritual authority, and might offer "Feudal State" or even "Princely State" if you want a less purely western conception of similarly organized states - referring again to the various Indian nations again here. A "Warring Kingdoms" Dark Age Policy from the Middle Ages could be a cool way to model states like Feudal Japan and Germany/HRE where anything resembling the "King's Peace" was often non-existent even while people offered nominal allegiance to their liege, cutting the cost of purchasing or upgrading units, at the expense of losing glory when you do, or something.

Germany's Frederick Barbarossa does not seem to recieve his free military policy card with ~Rise and Fall~ Rule with Faith enabled. I checked if other mods were interfering, but they were not.

Last edited:
Germany's Frederick Barbarossa does not seem to recieve his free military policy card with Rise and Fall enabled. I checked if other mods were interfering, but they were not.

The effect is only applied once you unlock ugh the Civic that gives the Naval Production because otherwise you softlock the game as Horde.

Military Tradition I think.I thought I amended the UA text but will do in the next update. Since all successive military policies require that civic u don't actually end up losing out, except in terms of rwfs policy overhaul. Should just make Germany's UA less bland tbh :p

Does the new version of RwF affect St Basil's Cathedral? I've picked up civ after a while, and that wonder didn't give the food, production and culture boost anymore. (might have been another mod, but 90% of them were single civs or single natural, so RwF seems like the most likely offender)

Does the new version of RwF affect St Basil's Cathedral? I've picked up civ after a while, and that wonder didn't give the food, production and culture boost anymore. (might have been another mod, but 90% of them were single civs or single natural, so RwF seems like the most likely offender)

It's changed to allow you to unlock Policy changes with Faith, as the Description text explains.

It's changed to allow you to unlock Policy changes with Faith, as the Description text explains.
I noticed. I wasn't sure if the loss of the land-based gains was intended, thanks for clarifying. It certainly has caused the Cathedral to lose any and all interest it might've held for me.

You can disable the user setting for non-essential changes like St. Basils, in the included usersettings sql file.
Oh gosh, thanks for including that! I mean, I would have used the mod either way, but having the original St. Basil just seems better.

As a side note, is legitimacy deactivated by default because it's nonfunctional for the time being? It shows up here an there in the UI, but isn't mentioned in the description when starting a game, so I was wondering.

Oh gosh, thanks for including that! I mean, I would have used the mod either way, but having the original St. Basil just seems better.

As a side note, is legitimacy deactivated by default because it's nonfunctional for the time being? It shows up here an there in the UI, but isn't mentioned in the description when starting a game, so I was wondering.

It's still being developed and tested; the few scattered references to it can just be ignored for the time being.

Unless there's any serious issues that crop up, this is the final update before some months after Gathering Storm. It's back to V for me.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1575079496
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P7qfJqkWJ3aWmu2dZ7EQY-CjmmyG1poE

• Fixed issues when the player didn't have the Persia DLC.
  • Fixed issue where Royal Tombs was granting Faith and Culture on Wonders.
  • Added LuaEvents.JFD_PeerageChanged(playerID, numPoints) to alter the peerage balance through lua.
  • Mercenary units can no longer be upgraded.
  • You can now switch First Ministers if you've unlocked switching Governments/Policies with Gold or Faith.
  • Fixed issue with First Minister effects not persisting on reload.
  • Added Legitimacy as a new yield: Legitimacy is accumulated from your Citizens in cities that are at full Loyalty, up to 100 Legitimacy. Legitimacy can be used to take radical steps in your Government. For now, this is just to Empower it, or to switch between classes (changed from Loyalty loss), but later this will include enacting National Decisions.
  • Fixed issue where Constitutional Monarchy didn't account for Governor Titles distributed via Techs.
  • Clarified that Barbarossa now gets his extra Military slot with Craftmanship.
  • Increased Crownlands peerage to 5 and Imperial Provinces to 2.
  • Govt and Consulate Plazas now generate some Influence and Peerage themselves.
  • Added an Envoy to Mysticism and a Governor Title to Writing.
  • Moved Writing ahead a tier.
  • Fixed issue with Great Migration policy not working.
  • Renamed Aristocratic class to Oligarchic.
  • Civ and Leader-specific titles have been depreciated.
  • Democracy now gives Statesmen and Merc Points on City Centres.
  • Made some alterations to the Governments.
  • Added Empowerments. Just read about them in the startup tutorial tbh.
  • Fixed issue with Arts Patronage not working as intended.

Thanks for the update!
Didn't have a chance to test the game itself properly, but at least they start now. Cheers!

Oh buggers... game crashing after first "next turn"... investigating!

Last edited:
A lot of your Civilization mods (and other peoples civilization mods) have have references to GOVERNMENT_JFD_CONSTITUTIONAL_MONARCHY which isn't in the new update and therefore causes bugs.

and with no other mods active but a few UI mods I get the following in database. log (it's related to RwF_GameDefines_Leaders.sql but I havenøt found the exact line):

Spoiler :

[3072239.108] [Localization]: StartupErrorMessages.xml
[3072239.108] [Localization]: Input XML does not contain database entry tags. GameData, GameInfo or Database
[3072241.642] [Localization]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[3072241.643] [Localization]: Passed Validation.
[3072241.653] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[3072241.653] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[3072248.099] [FullTextSearch]: Initializing FullTextSearch
[3072249.272] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[3072249.282] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
[3072251.815] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[3072251.815] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[3072269.415] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[3072276.248] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[3072276.248] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[3072281.683] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: Traits.TraitType
[3072281.683] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: Traits.TraitType
[3072281.793] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[3072281.808] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
[3072282.842] [Database] ERROR: near "SELECT": syntax error
[3072288.870] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[3072289.463] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[3072290.123] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[3072290.694] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[3072291.962] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context

\Skodkim

Top Bottom