SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

@chrisbk88, apparently you haven't replaced the Spanish Cavalry folder. In such case, an autosave won't help; the mistake will occur again.

@chrisbk88, apparently you haven't replaced the Spanish Cavalry folder. In such case, an autosave won't help; the mistake will occur again.

Err I know that, that is why I asked for the fix.
An autosave will help me not lose the 2 hours of work I spent taking cities.

Another easy fix for the Spanish Cav bug is to create a new folder called "Spanish Cavalry" and copy the INI from another Cavalry folder (such as the Austrian Cavalry) and re-name it to Spanish Cavalry... I, being the smart-ass that I am, copied a Napoleonic Spanish Cav unit that I was using in my modified Napoleonic scenario into the game and solved that problem as well.

Also, Chrishbk88, you'll want to go into the "German Infantry WWI" folder and change all the Kaiserjäger____.flc files to Kaiserjaeger____.flc in both the actual files and the INI... the Civ III engine does NOT like the "ä" in the file names.

All:
I noticed that I no longer have all the action buttons for some of the units. Specifically, the rail/road to and the auto bombard buttons. I used to have them, but now they are gone. So what's up?

jimmygeo

All:
I noticed that I no longer have all the action buttons for some of the units. Specifically, the rail/road to and the auto bombard buttons. I used to have them, but now they are gone. So what's up?

jimmygeo

You have for sure the advanced buttons disabled. Look out in the Game Settings for correcting these.

@chrisbk88,

The fix is in the lower right corner of Tank Guy's signature ;)

Mine was for the Spanish Colonial Cavalry. The error he has is for the Spanish Cavalry.

i am having atm really Awesome game playing with The Empire Of The Rising Sun its 1901 i conquered all Spain Island on the South Pacific Ocean , 1-2 year more Max and i will could conquer Lowland Countries also , got question would maybe make 1/2 time to conquer it if its right

raw mate , and colom sectary (unit which can build only colony ) does it attack/Def ?
the reason i am asking i was spy them "steal plan" i notice there is 2-3 city's
almost w/o protect from any other then tho "red unit" which if that is true
i can attack only with less infantry

my self i think it doesn't "it only could capture , but wanna to be sure

2nd question , does i can skip tech and go to next Era by keeping Tech
till the end of the , i mean we at 1901 , 1st Era 1895-1904 , 2nd Era from .... to ....
i notice something MAX lower Tech if i even max the it to 100% it no way to take lower
then 5 Turn par Tech , does that true or it could be lower .... :confused:
I am asking coz i notice USA got something might be on the 2nd Era while we are on the 1st Era ! :scan:

btw The British & Russia & USA are Beasts at this time , dunno how to deal with them
i might will deal with the smaller country's 1st to grow up
British = Army problem plus 15-20k gold always at this rang
USA = Economy problem last time i check them , they was have 40k Gold !
i think they demoed Central & South America
Russia = Too close boards even they never make me pay for them but still worry from
them , always Tooo short on gold ( they was Gracious to me )thats while
i was War with China ( China war them 1st )

This Pic just for fun what do you Feel if you are in my place and you saw this Navy behind your city's !!! :D

25u422p.jpg

I have a problem. The civiopedia is missing a few entries (not much of a problem...)

but the main problem is that whatever I do, whenever I reach late 1904, the domestic advisor comes up, but the dialogue box is empty, and then the game crashes....

I don't have any idea what the problem is, no error message comes up and other than this the scenario runs perfectly....

Any ideas what's wrong?

I have a problem. The civiopedia is missing a few entries (not much of a problem...)

but the main problem is that whatever I do, whenever I reach late 1904, the domestic advisor comes up, but the dialogue box is empty, and then the game crashes....

I don't have any idea what the problem is, no error message comes up and other than this the scenario runs perfectly....

Any ideas what's wrong?

atm i am at 1903 still don't catch 1904 . i don't meet this error yet sorry

this is what happens:

just as the old domestic advisor pops her shoulders up, the error thing comes up, but it simply says 'its stopped working'.

The game doesn't seem to know it's broken...

KingBen, try giving your paging file some more space. When I get crashes late game, it's because I didn't have enough pagile file.

For Vista, you go into Control Panel > Performance Information And Tools > Adjust Visual Effects > Advanced. Click, "change" under visual memory, and do custom size. My intial size is 2299, and max is 3200. Review your recommended size, and put that as initial. The max can be whatever, but don't go over 3.5x your max amount of RAM.

okay I did that, the recomended for mine is 4987.

I put the intial to 4500 just in case.

So that should stop it crashing once I reach 1904?

Eichman, Colonial Sentries CAN attack/defend, but they have a -2 HP penalty and only FOUR defense... I.e. even as the BOERS, I could easily overrun cities defended by Colonial Sentries, and have only come accross TWO incidences of Colonial Sentries actually BEATING any unit I threw at them.

KingBen: I have heard that you must start Civ3 under Vista in the compability mode.
You can switch it in the proberties tab (right-click your short cut for Civ and choose the last entry there. Than activate the Windows XP (SP3) compability mode. Save and enjoy the game !).

Info taken from other threads here :
CIV3 IS NOT VISTA COMPATIBLE !!! SO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS .

Bye
General 666

okay I did that, the recomended for mine is 4987.

I put the intial to 4500 just in case.

So that should stop it crashing once I reach 1904?

It should. I had a crashing problem this weekend, and upping my paging file made the game playable again.

Eichman, Colonial Sentries CAN attack/defend, but they have a -2 HP penalty and only FOUR defense... I.e. even as the BOERS, I could easily overrun cities defended by Colonial Sentries, and have only come accross TWO incidences of Colonial Sentries actually BEATING any unit I threw at them.

Thanks alot for the answer Hikaro Takayama :)

Top Bottom