Screenshots gallery

Rhye

's and Fall creator
During the development of the latest patch, I've seen many different kinds of world, especially since I added axis flips. Very low adds some odd shapes.

If you come about some world shape or starting location to be remembered, why don't you post a screen here?
The best screens could be put on the site, here
http://rhye.civfanatics.net/pages/civ4-RFCRAND-gallery.php
I've just added 4 more pictures.

To make such screenshots, press CTRL+F or CTRL+\ for aerial view, and ALT+I for hiding interface. Then, print to capture the image.

I really like that last picture :)
I've had a couple of worlds that I think warrant a screenshot, But I think I don't have the save for them anymore :\
One of them was a world where all the continents were connected by land, but they were in the shape of |_|-|_|-|_|, so one had to go a long way to get from the westernmost area to the eastern most, (or just go by sea in the opposite direction).

Finally did it because there was marble and stone nearby. No freaking food (had to trade elephants for wheat from Rome, kinda ironic, Egypt being the breadbasket of Rome) so had to starve my cities down to 1 while running all artists to barely squeak by 5000 culture. Probably impossible if India was not included in this start (founded Buddhism with Priesthood).

So this is remarkable for its unlikelihood in RAND. :p

What would really work is if Rhye coded for stone to be on a flood plain near Egypt (as you can see I had no flood plains near by).

Spoiler :

My first Rand world with random settings:
Cold climate, low sea level, and I got a non-cylinder world, which means I got a North pole, a South pole, an East/West "poles". A Great World Glacier Barrier was spawned encompassing all the Nation States.

In this pic, you can see the Glacier can not be cross because of all the terrains are ice covered along a longitude line. On the left, there's a road constructed by a Buddhist Kingdom, who collapsed itself before the Middle-Ages. The road leads to nowhere, or as I like to call it, to the Mountains of Madness. The marble resource is one of seven available in the entire world, the rest being in similar remote location.

The mini map is from a screen cap at the beginning so it won't be colour clustered.

Attachments

• CIV4 RF Rand.jpg
    CIV4 RF Rand.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 471
Thank God our Earth isn't a few million miles further away from the sun...:lol:

This isn't a screenshot of the world, since, I didn't even get a chance to see it!
I picked a random world with all random settings except monarch. I was picked as Russia, and it seems Babylon won a UHV before I even spawned!
Babylon managed to build SH and the Oracle, and Egypt must've popped mathematics from a tribal village since they founded Confucianism very early and it spread to Babylon.

Attachments

• hammurabivic.jpg
    hammurabivic.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 365
On the bright side, you didn't random US and a Comp Civ wins in 1750. :lol:

This is screenie of a Very Likely world. Europe was river poor and just had a huge bay. The Dutch still had to build dikes, dams, and barriers. This game is more challenging for Civs that have to secure resources because you don't know where the spices and dyes are.

Attachments

• river Euro.jpg
    river Euro.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 526
Indeed, also playing as the Dutch I saw once a world almost empty of Spices, only about 3 were spread world-wide. However Germany had like 8 Spice resources and All I had to do was Conquer them (they were right next to me).

I was a little disoriented at the start. Lisboa was rich in resources like before, but where is Spain? Could it be that because France spawned and Spain therefore did not exist? Then I found ice to the south of me...this is AUSTRALIA! Which is perfect because I don't have to do as much exploration, since I can contact both the Euros and Asians for maps!
Australia was chock full of resources (Lisboa had the potential to grow to 25 if not for my constant whipping), and I had the most seafood in the world after I colonized SE Asia, India (collapsed by barbs), South Africa and South America. Divine Right is a gift to be given for opening borders.
If you notice, to the SE of Australia I even had my Porto Delgada (with 3 seafood and a whale). :)
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 1,052
Finally did it. I don't think Mali with anything other than huge world would work, because there simply aren't enough flood plains generated in large worlds to sustain growth. I was lucky to have 3 flood plains and a collapsed Egypt to my east, all barb instead of indy. Theology, Divine Right and later on, Banking, are very useful in this setting, netted me almost 7 techs in total (Feudalism, Aesthetics, Machinery, Literature, Meditation, Code of Laws, Sailing). Fishing, guilds and calendar were my only research items.
Only had 2 great merchants, both went to France. Made the mistake of trying to settle southern Africa, only to find it infested by barb camel archers blocked from coming to me by jungles. In the end settled on a small Madagascar-like island with 2 fishes.

Now if Rhye fixed the auto-peace with natives this would probably not be possible...:eek:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 965
how did you spawn in Australia as Portugal in high likeness? Doesn't Portugal always appear in the Iberian peninsula. That's such a weird start.

Portgual has spawned in wales for me even in the highest likeliness.

Also the British Isles were very big and separated by ocean

Portugal seems to spawn in the least likely of places, I've had it spawn in north Africa, Greece, Italy, Australia and now we've got Wales?! Somehow they never flip former cities of Spain or even be a neighbor of Spain in this mod, which is actually good for peace.

Portugal seems to spawn in the least likely of places, I've had it spawn in north Africa, Greece, Italy, Australia and now we've got Wales?! Somehow they never flip former cities of Spain or even be a neighbor of Spain in this mod, which is actually good for peace.

I noticed that as well. Combine that with the fact with Turkey usually spawns at every side of the Black Sea, except the correct one (which is usually occupied by Babylon) and you have a sensible explanation: A civ cannot spawn in an area occupied by another civ. That is why Portugal never spawns in Iberia, it is always culturally occupied by Spain.

That explains why Portugal once spawned where Rome was (was able to flip even Rome itself). If Rome were alive that game, they might have gone to Australia too, since as France I had most of Spain and France. In my game where I went to Australia, all 4 (Rome, France and Spain and Carthage) were alive and well.

I've definitely had some weird spawns with Turkey; at least once where Ethiopia SHOULD have been, and the second time in the middle of Asia between Persia and Mongolia

If it was a huge world this would not have been possible simply because of the amount of land needed to control and that neighboring civs won't be as close by to conquer. In the end I snagged all the wonders except for the Colossus (built by Carthage). Even had the Hanging Gardens in Dilli for once...
Spoiler :

Rome is really hit or miss. Elements of success are:
1. Greece is near by and you flip 1 city from them
2. Lots of forests to chop
3. Oracle for Construction (i.e. marble is around)
4. You have at least 6-7 cities (can spread out the aqueducts and amphitheaters)

In this game I built or controlled 2 shrines and ALL the wonders (including the Hanging Gardens and Stonehenge, and later on the Forbidden Palace and Spiral Minaret). Surprisingly not France or Germany but Netherlands wanted to flip 2 of my cities, I said no, and Arretium had plenty of production plus the Colosseum, so I just killed whatever troops deserted to the other side (since they lose their promotions). Jerusalem was like Athens and Constantinople combined (lots of fish and hills around)--together with Corinth it built the majority of the wonders.

Spoiler :

On Low likeness, as Greece I was going for the UHV only to find out that the world isn't actually round! :eek:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 314
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 244
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG