• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

'self-segregation' is just another term for racism

The same reason why I prefered Dubois's philosophy over Booker T. Washington's is exactly this. Integration is in their best interest.

June 6, 1994? Way to keep it current! :lol: ;)

You are going to tell me that today in 2007 that there aren't parts of the school yards/cafeterias that if a white child were to go into they won't recieve threats of violence from blacks for being the wrong race?

You are going to tell me that today in 2007 that there aren't parts of the school yards/cafeterias that if a white child were to go into they won't recieve threats of violence from blacks for being the wrong race?
There are still trees in Louisiana where the whites prefer self-segregation.

And I'm sure that the reverse is true too. All I'm saying is that I think that there are similar resources that you could have presented that are more current and up-to-date with what has happened in the world in that last decade and a half or so...

Yet it is acceptable when the situation is reversed.

Yet it is acceptable when the situation is reversed.

I'm sorry, are you saying that it is acceptable when a black child is threatened for being in a white area? I'm going to assume there's some sort of misunderstanding here...

I thought this was rather self evident, and is precisely why segregation of all kinds sucks, including white flight.

The media will go nuts if they can find a black child being threatened, and of course folks like jackson and sharpton will be there to ramble on and on about it.

When it goes the other way around...

The media will go nuts if they can find a black child being threatened, and of course folks like jackson and sharpton will be there to ramble on and on about it.

When it goes the other way around...

...the black kids get arrested for attempted murder. Which side would you rather be on?

Now you are comparing apples to oranges.

The threats that were made over the black kids sitting under the tree would be comprable to the kinds of threats given to white kids for sitting at the wrong part of the cafeteria.

I thought this was rather self evident, and is precisely why segregation of all kinds sucks, including white flight.

Funny, I was just thinking the opposite - who cares if blacks (or whites) voluntarily segregate themselves?

And who cares what the skin colors are of children that threaten other children because of where they choose to sit, or walk? Hammer the kids for assault.

The threats that were made over the black kids sitting under the tree would be comprable to the kinds of threats given to white kids for sitting at the wrong part of the cafeteria.

:confused: and you see the results? What's the apple/orange here?

The white kid in Jena got beat up because he ran his mouth, not for simply sitting in the wrong place.

Many schhool cafeterias have all sorts of self-segrgation going on. The jocks aren't going to let the nerds sit at their table, there popular girls aren't going to let the fat girl with glasses, a ponytail, and overalls sit at their table.

Top Bottom