SGOTM 12 Maintenance Thread

For me it's intermittent - it only happens sometimes, and it's not exclusive to BUFFY for me either.

Hi all !

Little trouble :
Plastic Ducks team, I can open the official save but then cannot modify the science or espionage slider (I can click on the buttons but they don't respond... Is that a clear wording ? Hmmm... If I click, the button quickly changes of colour, normal, but the slider remains the same).

I'm not sure if my teammates encounter the same issue or if it's only me... I'll know anytime soon, though.
Any guess as to how fix this ?

Thanks in advance,
BIC.

This is unlikely to be a generic issue that other teams need to be aware of, so normally I would expect it to be handled within your team thread, with a PM to me if you need tech support. I'll check out your save here and see if it is reproducible.

Nevermind Alan, I paused the game before uploading it to the server...(extra protection while checking save) Problem should be solved.

After installing civ5 any game I open or start at the SGOTM12 mod has no interface to play the game!

I was wondering if anyone knows what to do about this.

Many thanks

Does Ctrl-I or Alt-I to turn it back on work?

Search the forum for threads about the AssetChecker program, which you can download here. Run it and the report will tell you the offending file names. You might need to delete them and reinstall Civ on top of the old files.

So what do I need to do?
I looked for an answer but am running out of time atm, sorry.

Three places to look for an answer:

1 - The HoF Mod page with downloads and fixes.

2 - The HoF thread to help people with Buffy and HoF Mod issues. You could post of your problem there and see if Denniz and crew can assist you faster than I can.

3 - The Buffy release thread where the BUG (a component of BUFFY) developers answered questions about the mod.

Hope this helps. Erkon and I are trying to find more info but for me it will have to wait until I get home this evening.

edit - crossed with Erkon. :goodjob:

The Assets checker is here. However, it will not check BUFFY_SG12, as it isn't looking for that version. If it did check it, it would fail because of the changes we've made.

Does the standard BUFFY run? Will it load a standard BOTM start file? If not, then something has happened to that as well, and AssetChecker may be able to identify what is wrong.

If BUFFY works then ...

If BUFFY_SG12 loads, check if it runs with a random game (just hit 'Play A Game'). If the interface is still not visible then it probably means the Python scripts are failing to start up when the game begins. There is something wrong with your BtS installation or with the BUFFY_SG12 installation.

Try editing your BtS\CivilizationIV.ini file - the one where you have set autosaves to every turn .... On my XP system it's at C:\Documents and Settings\Alan\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini

Open the file in Notepad.

Find the following lines:

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 0

Change the zero to a one to read:

LoggingEnabled = 1

Now launch BtS with BUFFY_SG12 loaded and try 'Play a Game' again. When the game starts with no interface, find the PythonErr.log file. On my system it's at:

C:\Documents and Settings\Alan\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs\PythonErr.log

Make sure you have the right file, as there are several files in that directory with similar names, but only PythonErr.log will have useful diagnostic information. Open it in Notepad and copy its text contents to a post here. Hopefully we'll be able to work out what's wrong with your installation.

The Assets checker is here. However, it will not check BUFFY_SG12, as it isn't looking for that version. If it did check it, it would fail because of the changes we've made.

Does the standard BUFFY run? Will it load a standard BOTM start file? If not, then something has happened to that as well, and AssetChecker may be able to identify what is wrong.

If BUFFY works then ...

If BUFFY_SG12 loads, check if it runs with a random game (just hit 'Play A Game'). If the interface is still not visible then it probably means the Python scripts are failing to start up when the game begins. There is something wrong with your BtS installation or with the BUFFY_SG12 installation.

Try editing your BtS\CivilizationIV.ini file - the one where you have set autosaves to every turn .... On my XP system it's at C:\Documents and Settings\Alan\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini

Open the file in Notepad.

Find the following lines:

LoggingEnabled = 0

Change the zero to a one to read:

LoggingEnabled = 1

Now launch BtS with BUFFY_SG12 loaded and try 'Play a Game' again. When the game starts with no interface, find the PythonErr.log file. On my system it's at:

C:\Documents and Settings\Alan\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs\PythonErr.log

Make sure you have the right file, as there are several files in that directory with similar names, but only PythonErr.log will have useful diagnostic information. Open it in Notepad and copy its text contents to a post here. Hopefully we'll be able to work out what's wrong with your installation.

Thank you all for helping me!

I run a game in buffy and it gave some xml errors at start but the game worked fine with the interface in place.

SGOTM12 does not work python loggs attached.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 73
Dunno what that BUFFY XML error means, but that's for another day!)

Your PythonErr.log file is empty, indicating that there are no Python load errors.

Your PythonErr2.log file looks identical to mine.

So I don't think your problem is with the BUFFY_SG12 installation.

It sounds as if it comes back to a configuration problem. Did you check neilmeister's suggestions? Control-I and/or Option-I toggle parts of the interface on and off.

Just a quick thought. The new buffysgotm12 mod crashes if I load another buffy SGOTM 12 mod game. Same is true of autosaves on my test games. Very frustrating! Effectively I have to close BTS and load any save by coming out of game first. Weird! (using Vista)

Do you try to load it while in a game or are you exiting to the main menu and then loading the next save? Trying to load a save while in a game has long been a problem. :rolleyes:

X with Kossin. :goodjob:

Just to know, since we decided to not have the culture graph until all the teams posted their first save.

What are Barley Demons doing?

Are they still in competition or are they retired? Not a save posted after almost a month in a 3 moths competition means something?

Top Bottom