[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Unusual Suspects

.. also, if players see their name on the upcoming players list, it would help if they announce when they are available or rather, when they won't be available. (I'll remind again as it gets closer, but the 10 days around Easter I'm away from computers and unable to participate even in discussions. Maybe it won't matter if we've won by then? ;)

(A while back I said +12 commerce for IA.... you're correct that it's +12 :espionage:, but since the AI's all probably have gifted techs, that should mean we can convert those espionage points to :science:, and later :commerce:. I haven't delved deeply enough into :espionage: strategies to tell what kind of ratios we can expect to get..... but it may be worth looking into after we get our horse rush going. It might possibly be an efficient way to keep the engine running).

plan suggestion

turn 20

worker road pasture.
two workers work on wtermill on elephant
Chokonu walks towards Beijing.

turn 21
Yanan worker, walk to hill E of Yanan.

Guangzou whips worker.
Yanan whips Chokonu.

turn 22
Start currnecy on 0%
New worker in Guangzou helps with watermill.

Guangzuo works on Chokonu
Yanan starts on horse archer. Works pigs, horse.

turn 23
Guangzou workers starts road,
Beijing workers. One finishes road SW of Beijing, one moves E of Beijing.

Guangzou starts horse archer.
Beijing works on Barracks or chokonu.
Yanan changes to Barracks

turn 24
Yanan worker roads pigs (plans to get gold, many other options)
Beijing workers road E of Beijing and on watermill.
Guangzou workers road NE or NW.

Guangzou whips horse archer. works corn and watermill
Beijing changes to horse archer.

turn 25

Guangzou whips Chokonu.
Beijing switches to barracks

turn 26
workers does something.

Beijing whips horse archer
Guangzou builds (swordman, archer, spearman, chariot? )
Horse archer in Guangzuo needs to stand 2 steps from Gaungzou.

turn 27
Gift Guangzou to Japan.
Move horse archer in Beijing.
Gift Beijing to Japan.

Important to gift Guangzou first. If Japan build more cities the micro for Guangzou should be changed.

Start war and recapture our cities.
and move in on Manchuria.

Attachments

• test25 turn 27.CivBeyondSwordSave
    106.1 KB · Views: 41
There is also other things to do like using the bomber and spies to explore the coast so that we get a trade route to europe.

....can you elaborate on the benefits of gifting cities to Japan?
Yeah.. I am kinda confused by that too. If we want a city to ESP-culture bomb... shouldn't it be a peripheral city instead of one of our core Com/Prod/GPfarm cities? I have not looked at the save for the other details, but assume its ok. But gifting Beijing has not been discussed as part of the strategy, has it? Ghangzhou either, for that matter.

It resets the whip anger. 20 turns of whip anger for whatever food we have in the bin is a pretty good deal.

hm, that might actually make a lot of sense in Guang. now that you mention it, I did see Wastin' using those techniques in his BC Space thread....

seems like we want to wait for HA's before we gift cities? IIRC, non-culture buildings are preserved if you have a culture point on conquest, right?

I thought culture buildings all disappear when conquering. And my XP says that conq-reconq loses even more buildings. I assume there is a random element to what remains. and at this stage of the game I would assume any city we take (incl retake our own) will come with no buildings. But I would never have even considered the strategy you guys are talking about, thiugh I see its merits, and want to try it because learning new tricks is what got me hooked on SGOTM's in the first place.

I believe Granaries are safe, which is why the Incas really shine with this strategy, because the Terrace is safe, but still produces culture.

I think what they found out (needs more research) is that it's not the conquest, but the city revolt that destroys non-culture buildings, and if you're #1 in culture in a city when you conquer it, there is no revolt, and only culture buildings are destroyed.

Ok... I yjink Folket cab go ahead. I am GREEN for that.

I was just handed the last set of assignments so I will not be available.

As for loosing buildings. I did not see us having any culture buildings. Gifting should not kill any non culture buildings. And since we recapture them before Japan has produced any culture we should have 100% to keep our buildings. I think it is 33% base chance and 66% weighted on culure %.

I did not see us having any culture buildings.

Exactly. So, we're pretty safe. Sounds like a fair idea, though if I recall, Wastin' didn't gift away cities until he'd whipped them down to size 1 with enough whip anger that they were starving.

As I said, I'm working long shifts on my assignments. Also the PPP is something I put together in half an hour. There might be things to optimize. Someone else need to try it out and see what can be improved unless we want to wait two weeks for me to be available again. The test game is updated and should be about 1 hammer off the real game.

Exactly. So, we're pretty safe. Sounds like a fair idea, though if I recall, Wastin' didn't gift away cities until he'd whipped them down to size 1 with enough whip anger that they were starving.
Yes, I did not think about it when I planed my session. Better play would have been constant 3->2 whips.

Jatamixx can't play...
How about Revent or Deckhand?

If not, I guess I can take it. But this gifting whipping stuff is new to me, so I'd need a pretty detailed PPP to get it right.

It is really easy. Before you declare war gift the cities. Then recapture them with horse archers on the same turn after you declare war.

It is really easy. Before you declare war gift the cities. Then recapture them with horse archers on the same turn after you declare war.
Do you move all units outside the city befor egift/DOW? HA's 2 tiles from city center where they won't be in culture borders after the gift? Do gifted cities always start with no units in them, as opposed to cities that culture flip which start with defensive unit?

Where is Deckhand and Revent???

I will look at the save tonight and see what I can do make a PPP and see where it goes from there

Apologies for my lack of input have been extremely busy lately.

Units in the city will be pushed out. You can test in the test game to where, you cane use this to get a free move towards the direction you want to go sometimes. I always move my HA in position the turn before for the HA that will recapture.

Top Bottom