1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] Shadow Game - Immortal

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Nick723, Mar 13, 2020.

1. gavenkoa

gavenkoa Warlord

I didn't understand how to do that. Prompt with tech selection constantly appeared.

I tried it again with success: select any tech from prompt, go to F6 advisor and click to discovered tech to avoid putting beakers into any particular tech.

Now I checked it myself. Tnx!

It is interesting to be able to delay selecting of particular tech for a few turns - exploration of area may help you decide which path you should go.

Can we put together another thing? Does the capital border expand on the same turn when you allowed to delay tech? In other words can we wait till border covers the fat cross for the better choice?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  2. Jellybug

Jellybug Chieftain

This doesn't seem like the kind of start you really need to hurry expanding bc there are only three good food sites + a copper site. I second @krikav about going for AH and choosing next move based on horse reveal. Settling 1w of pig and delaying fishing seems appealing, getting you faster pottery. You are behind on spawn busting, though, and it wouldn't be bad at at all to plop down next to the copper and not die. Copper city could even pump out a size one settler for the pig site and allow Karakorum to grow onto cottages.

However, I'm an emp level player, so my advice comes heavily salted. ;)

3. Anysense

Anysense King

It has nothing to do with border pops, although it does conveniently coincide on normal speed without creative if you settle on t0.

gavenkoa likes this.