Shock and Awe as US General states he is on a mission from god...

well, i saw a priest doing one of those megachurch ceremonies justifying the war in Iraq as an act against evil.

Hearing him preach, hearing GWB keep hammering about the axis of evil & "god save our fine nation".....always makes my spine chilly. Now this general. Are we back in the middle-ages ??

The much-decorated veteran of covert military operations also believes that radical Muslims who resort to terror are not representative of Islam and compares them to Ku Klux Klan members.
i agree with this statment.

Of his role in the battle against a Muslim warlord in Somalia, he told another audience: "I knew my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol."

someone give him the memo that they're the same God.

Originally posted by Shadylookin

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The much-decorated veteran of covert military operations also believes that radical Muslims who resort to terror are not representative of Islam and compares them to Ku Klux Klan members.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i agree with this statment.

I sure don't. Islam is not a peaceful religion.

Originally posted by Shadylookin

quote:
Of his role in the battle against a Muslim warlord in Somalia, he told another audience: "I knew my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol."
someone give him the memo that they're the same God.

Jehovah and Allah are hardly the same god.

Originally posted by Quasar1011

I'm not sure what your point is, since Christianity sure can't be called peaceful. Unless you mean that both religions are evil because they condone violence against other groups.

what are the differences between jehovah and Allah besides a translational difference(they both mean God)

[2.62] Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah(God) and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

I can't believe everyone given this General such a hard time . it not like he the only who should have kept quiet but because he said something about God everyone in for the kill . this man is a miltary General who had to work his way up in ranks. i think that should say something . now if Bush or Rumsfeld made these remarks then that is different . honestly i feel the news need to kept this quiet and not reported this ( just like the media showed our soldiers complaining in Iraq and the attacks after this increase. this General is protecting our nation .) I sure he feels like he doing to right thing even if we dont agree with his motives. he may have said this just to get on TV ?( some people will do or say anything to get on TV) who knows?has he disobey an order, attack without orders ,broke the law, take the law in his own hands? if not then i say leave him alone and hope he can find the terrorist . As for the media is just as guilty as he is for broadcasting this. but if he has broke the law then try him in court.

Originally posted by CurtSibling
"My god has 20mm cannons and RPG launchers, so there! Blah!"

My God had nukes and isn't shy about using them! :p

Hell, it's always nice with some real enthusiasm! :D

Buddhism is pretty peaceful. But most religions sure aren't. Including Christianity and Judaism...

@Smidlee.
I am glad they printed this idiots words. It just goes to prove what the motives of this country's leaders is.... holy war.

I wonder how muslim soldiers feel about this windbag bellowing his preacher's beliefs?

Originally posted by Smidlee
has he disobey an order, attack without orders ,broke the law, take the law in his own hands? if not then i say leave him alone and hope he can find the terrorist

A general who attacks without orders is every politicians dream.
It means he has confidence and initiative and if it goes wrong, well, then he has only himself to blame.

I say let him start his crusade. Let them privatize this whole crusade business. If there is free looting and there is not an too much concen with all those boring conventions, then such an enterprize would indeed be very profitable for everyone concerned. America presently has a surplus of young souls who have no job, here is perfect job opportunity. Society has been screaming out for a leader. Here is a no holds barred leader who offer a real way out, and now all these PC people start whining their usual 'love your enemy' routine, which has done absolutely nothing to ensure the national interest of the people, which is to find those damn terrorists and deal with them in the apropriate manner. Then these people say that it would be difficult to distinguish a terrorist from a normal citizen if the campaign is going to be based on military force alone. No, I say, because there is simply no time to educate people on the complexities of the whole situation so the whole issue is a moot point. If you kill someone that has had absolutely nothing to do with terrorism, then you will be sure that his family is going to be terrorists. Therefore the best way of combating terrorism is by killing innocent civilians, because if only enough of them are killed then everybody will be terrorists, and then there will be no need for this tiresome distinguishing business. This is of course entirely logical to everyone except traitors, Europeans and Communists.
And let this be the mission which will at long last clean out the shame that was the battle of Little Big Horn, and exhonorates the name of General Custer. Amen

That's right, they've killed at least TWICE as many people as we have!

Preach it brother! Only those who belong to this specific church are gonna get anything! All yall other churches be doomed to fiery eternal burnin'! They may THINK they're gonna get something, but Allah/Jesus/BritneySpears/InsertDeityHere knows we're the Chosen Ones! Praise the Lord!

I can't believe everyone given this General such a hard time

It would probably be kinder to give him "asylum" someplace, I agree.

it not like he the only who should have kept quiet but because he said something about God everyone in for the kill

Yeah, he said something about the God of the people we are supposedly liberating. Namely he said they're "false idols" and "My God is bigger, better, and with great new cheesy taste!" See how that might cause some PR problems?

this man is a miltary General who had to work his way up in ranks

I guess that says a lot about the other enlisted men he was competing with!

honestly i feel the news need to kept this quiet and not reported this ( just like the media showed our soldiers complaining in Iraq and the attacks after this increase.

Down with free press! It's an emblem of the Dark and Devious One!

this General is protecting our nation

By pissing off one billion potential terrorists? I don't think so!

Explain why you dont feel it is peaceful?

Im sorry on the second note you are clearly wrong!

Muslim belive in the same god/dieity as the Jews and the Christians, Muslim to belive in one more prophet then the Christians (Muhamud)pbh

In fact Arabic language Bibles use the word “Allah” when referring to God.

Also the Quran, states: “Say ye: ‘We believe in God and the
revelation given to us and to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one and another of them and it is unto Him that we surrender ourselves.’” (Quran, 2:136)

So you see even thoigh Christian dont beleive in the last prophet in the Muslim view, we are worshiping the god you are worshiping.

Originally posted by Aphex_Twin
In June, General Boykin told a religious group in Oregon that radical Islamists hated the US "because we're a Christian nation, because our foundation and our roots are Judeo-Christian . . . and the enemy is a guy named Satan

Last year, he said: "We in the army of God, in the house of God, kingdom of God, have been raised for such a time as this." He has also said of President George Bush: "He's in the White House because God put him there." ".

:lol: :D

Man i don't even find that funny, thats f**king insane.

Originally posted by gael

Man i don't even find that funny, thats f**king insane.

It's the famous catch 22. You can't claim insanity in the army to relieve you from combat duty, since the very fact that you voluntarily or involuntarily are now in the army proves that you are, in fact, insane.

Originally posted by Pontiuth Pilate

Down with free press! It's an emblem of the Dark and Devious One!

By pissing off one billion potential terrorists? I don't think so! [/B]
I'm not down on the free press but it funny noone isn't blaming the press for the damage they do. freedom of speech isnt an excuse for being irresponsible. the press is just as responsible as anyone else (including the general) . it seem USA has a double standard in the "freedom of speech". if what the general said it so damaging then the press is just as guilty as the general.

Muslims are going to believe what they want no matter what a unknown general said . the fact is as long as USA supports Isreal Muslims won't like us no matter what we say.

what do you mean "we"?
Im Muslim and im American!
Muslim may not like certin policys of the US but that does not mean they are not TRUE American.

Top Bottom