Shock and Awe as US General states he is on a mission from god...

Just to make this clear: I'm an atheist. And I know about all the evils of Christianity, they don't make Muhammed any better, though.

I can agree with that ;)

well , this can be applied to science also . science has been used to kill more people than anything else yet the some people believe science can answer everything .

Get off that computer and go back to shucking corn, my fine friend, if you feel so offended.

in USA they did a study and they claimed that over 90% of the people admitted to lying on a daily bases.

How many preachers did they interview?

of course you got to accept science by faith too since almost everything we learn came from others and not from our own experiences.

So we can't say whether or not the earth is round, because we've never been in space?

scienctists who would do anything to be famous.

Yep, those durn smar' people! Always takin' away th' glory from th' restuv us! Man I hates them.

well , this can be applied to science also . science has been used to kill more people than anything else yet the some people believe science can answer everything .

Get off that computer and go back to shucking corn, my fine friend, if you feel so offended.

[ [/B]

you dont finish my statement because you are just being critical . it seem you try to made a angrument that not there because you dont like my statement . I MADE IT VERY PLAIN THAT SCIENCE AND RELIGION CAN BE USED FOR GOOD AND EVIL .

of course this applies to preachers too which most people are very quickly to point out. so if it seems I'm attacking your faith ( science it would seem ) please dont take it personally because I'm not againest science itself. i dont trust all preachers or scienctist either since both gives man power.

@Smidlee:

Like it or not, you live in a world of science.

One day, all myths will be chased back into the dark corners they crept from, unable to stand the cold light of logic.

I look forward to that.

Abusus non tollit usum. Which was, after all, my original point. If you bothered to read it.

This whole idea that "you got to accept science by faith" [sic] and that, since "almost everything we learn came from others and not from our own experiences", all science is a bundle of vague hypotheses and "faith-based" suppositions is such utter and total bs that I have to wonder if you are typing from one of the as-yet uncivilized portions of this country where shamanism still reigns supreme...

Science is not infallible, but it sure is a lot less mistake-prone than making up whatever you like.

Yet, according to YOU, we still don't know whether or not the earth is round. Or at least YOU don't, since it's not "part of your own experiences".

Who is a better authority on how the earth works: a scientist or someone who believes in Zeus?

How about a scientist and someone who believes in Jehova or Jesus?

What's the difference?

??? How did a debate about an obvious fool who is busy pretending that he's allowed to have an opinion in wartime become a debate about science v. religon??? His religon is irrelevant, and his beliefs are irrelevant. He should be fired whether or not there is a God! Period!

Originally posted by CurtSibling
@Smidlee:

Like it or not, you live in a world of science.

One day, all myths will be chased back into the dark corners they crept from, unable to stand the cold light of logic.

I look forward to that.
like i said if that is your hope then fine . I'm not attacking science but i dont trust everything those scienctist tells me just as i don't believe everything politicians tell me . So at least you finnally admitted what you put your faith in . I'm not ashame of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and will proclaim it .But I also try to respect others even if they disagree . the Bible tells me to have respect for others so I try not to attack others faith just to be offensive .

Of course, I accept that science has made mistakes.

It's not to say people should be banned from having myths, etc.

But reality must be addressed.

again He probably do it just to get on TV and the media needs stories all the time . it seems that we heard crazy stories like this when there not much news to tell . So i believe you shouldn't take the story to serious . remember when the news media was reporting sharks attacks (in USA news) and scared people about sharks . then finally the media admitted that more people got killed by coconuts ( about twice as many) that year than sharks in the world . I laugh when i heard that . as long as the news need stories they are going to have crazy people saying anything to be notice. at a matter of fact i something wondered if some preachers was attacking the muslims' faith after 9/11just to be notice but of course I dont know their true motives

I didn't read most of the thread, because I'm just too lazy.

Anyway, I think that guy should keep his mouth shut (remember this is coming from a member of the religous right) about God fighting terrorism. It will spark people to declare Jihad on Israel and Christian nations. I like God in the pledge and on our money, but that doesn't premote Jihad. This does. In reality it isn't even J/C's vs Muslims. Turkey is friendlier with Israel and the U.S. (by far) than the other Muslim nations. Then, you also have the Muslims that just want peace like many J/C's want. The War on Terrorism is suppose to be on terrorists not anyone that is Muslim. The world's morons are driving me nuts.

Originally posted by mazzz

Im sorry on the second note you are clearly wrong!

Muslim belive in the same god/dieity as the Jews and the Christians, Muslim to belive in one more prophet then the Christians (Muhamud)pbh

in the Muslim view, we are worshiping the god you are worshiping.

Not even close. For one, Jehovah has a Son. Allah doesn't.

2. Jehovah loves sinners. Allah loves not the evildoers.

3. Jehovah made a covenant with Abraham and Isaac. Allah allegedly made one with Abraham and Ishmael.

Get past the linguistics of "Allah" simply meaning God in Arabic, and you will discover that Allah is nothing like Jehovah.

Back to the topic...

I saw the article on CNN last week...didn't read it through because I could tell from the start it was another example of the Bush administration's representatives 'not getting it'.

I had hoped that after Bush's 'crusade' fiasco these people would have learned.

As was stated before, by RichardIII, this so-called war on terrorism is a war of words as well as weapons.

Originally posted by Quasar1011

Not even close. For one, Jehovah has a Son. Allah doesn't.

2. Jehovah loves sinners. Allah loves not the evildoers.

3. Jehovah made a covenant with Abraham and Isaac. Allah allegedly made one with Abraham and Ishmael.

Get past the linguistics of "Allah" simply meaning God in Arabic, and you will discover that Allah is nothing like Jehovah.

Those are just differt views by differt religions that does nothing to prove that they are differt gods.

also... before you stated you were an athiest?
then why say "allegedly" the second time?

Please if you want to bash other religions do it some were else, this is not the subject of this thread.

Originally posted by Richard III
??? How did a debate about an obvious fool who is busy pretending that he's allowed to have an opinion in wartime become a debate about science v. religon??? His religon is irrelevant, and his beliefs are irrelevant. He should be fired whether or not there is a God! Period!

Apparently Smidlee believes the CFC off topic forums are a Gospel Tent Convention.

Yep, those durn smar' people! Always takin' away th' glory from th' restuv us! Man I hates them.

:lol:

From Quasar's standpoint, it's obvious that the muslims don't believe in the same god as he does. I do not know in what Quasar believes, but it's certanly not Jesus Christ. Quasar is far from god, I'd say.

Let's talk a little less about what separates Allah from Jehova and a little more about what separates the Muslim from the Christian.

Remember, if you believed every word in the Bible is the literal Word of God, you'd still own slaves, and you'd refuse to wear polyester or eat oysters.

Now the last two I can agree with! :D ;)

Originally posted by Neomega

Apparently Smidlee believes the CFC off topic forums are a Gospel Tent Convention.

are you also changing the topic ? am I your target? I was only reaction to the bashing of muslims and christians thank you . if you read all of them you would have notice. also this guy is being bashed because of his faith even if they are a little odd.So I wasn't that far off the topic. I don't agree with the man totally but because he claims to be a christian he is attack(and called a fool!!!) . man , even Clinton didnt lose his job with all he did . so I see a double standard here.

Originally posted by Smidlee

are you also changing the topic ? am I your target? I was only reaction to the bashing of muslims and christians thank you . if you read all of them you would have notice. also this guy is being bashed because of his faith even if they are a little odd.So I wasn't that far off the topic. I don't agree with the man totally but because he claims to be a christian he is attack . man , even Clinton didnt lose his job with all he did . so I see a double standard here.

Well, I've seen about 30 of your posts around here so far..... most if not all make a sound one would hear if a book comprised of 66 smaller books were thumped pretty hard.

Originally posted by Smidlee
IMHO E=mc^2 is a butch of crap but it did what is was supposed to do : make Einstein famous.

It may well be "crap", but it is one of the better models of our world that we have. Seriously, don't try too hard to make yourself look stupid(er). We already got the point.

Originally posted by Quasar1011
Originally posted by Shadylookin
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The much-decorated veteran of covert military operations also believes that radical Muslims who resort to terror are not representative of Islam and compares them to Ku Klux Klan members.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i agree with this statment.
I sure don't. Islam is not a peaceful religion.

Soo ... are you saying that such comparisons are acceptable? Can we compare you to the crusaders? the pedophile priests? the popes who kept private harems? ...

Top Bottom