Shopping Thread .. or What Did You Buy?

Yeah and we have a national no-call list. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And then there's the practice of calling it a customer service call instead of a sales all.

The national no call list was effectively neutered. The government was sued by people who "were denied the opportunities made available in sales calls" because a previous holder of their number had put it on the no call list. The corrective action included requiring reconfirming that the number is still yours and you still don't want to be called at such frequent intervals that no one can be bothered.

I did manage a call center for awhile. ;) So am aware of many of the tricks of the trade. But that was a while ago so I'm sure there are many new ones.

Yeah and we have a national no-call list. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And then there's the practice of calling it a customer service call instead of a sales call as long as you have a relationship.

Well the no E-Mails w/o consent works well here so long as you're careful about what you agree to. I don't answer calls from unrecognised or withheld numbers which cuts out the unwanted sales calls.

Even with caller id here, the companies are now spoofing your area code and prefix to make you think its a really local call which increases the odds the it will be answered. Other are spoofing the caller id text to make it appear like someone else. They're getting more sophisticated.

I'm thinking of buying dinner. I'm so stressed right now that I've skipped lunches for the past two days. All I want is some comfort junk food but I'm so stressed I'll probably settle for peanut butter to avoid even the tiniest of hassle of placing an order.

I'm thinking of buying dinner. I'm so stressed right now that I've skipped lunches for the past two days. All I want is some comfort junk food but I'm so stressed I'll probably settle for peanut butter to avoid even the tiniest of hassle of placing an order.

KFC.

I'm the angel on your shoulder.

It's past dinner time now so I'm too late to help you. But I would say get QDoba or something like it. It's reasonably healthy while still satisfying junk food cravings.

Well I recently bought some color contact lenses ... but I'm not supposed to have them. My prescription wasn't exact, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try, and if there's any problems with my order well they'll talk to my doctor and let me know. So anyway, they shipped my lenses, and my optometrist calls me yesterday and asks what's going on, because she declined to verify my prescription, but was super shocked to learn I got the lenses! So next week I'm going in for a fitting, lol this is funny, and now 800contacts.com is contacting me in a panic offering me a full refund.

I spent $20 this morning to have my eyebrows waxed and shaped. I'm very happy with it, I feel great.

Darn, just got an email saying they're desperate to find mystery shoppers for that type of thing and were soliciting volunteers.
You could have made some money doing it instead of paying.

Oh yes I bought groceries too on my way home: cucumbers, avocados, spinach, tomatoes, and some cheese (brie and gournay)

I bought spinach and cheese as well!

This time I bought just spinach. The last bag I bought had arugula in it, and it was super gross.

Top Bottom