Should marijuana be legalized for recreational use? (Part 2)

Should marijuana be legalized for recreational use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill3000

OOOH NOOOOOOO!
Supporter
Continuing from the previous thread. Weed's revenge!

amadeus said:
A CNN/Time poll in 2002 found that about one-third of the U.S. population supported the legalization of marijuana for recreational use. That said, I would like to know: do you personally favor or oppose the legalization of marijuana for recreational use?

The last CFC poll, apparently conducted in 2003, showed that 50% of CFC-OT'ers at the time supported legalization, about 20% for decriminalization, and the rest either for medical use or none at all.

As for myself, I support full legalization.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=3580

Should marijuana be legalized for recreational use? (Part 2)

Yes.

Legalize it. Treat it the same as alcohol with regard to driving. Treat it the same as tobacco with regard to using it in public places.

Set up licensed selling points and licensed growing facilities. Keep THC levels down. Even with taxation the price will be way below street price as it is now. Even in Holland where growing it still is illegal and is enforced.

First no vote!

Legalize it. Treat it the same as alcohol with regard to driving. Treat it the same as tobacco with regard to using it in public places.

Set up licensed selling points and licensed growing facilities. Keep THC levels down. Even with taxation the price will be way below street price as it is now. Even in Holland where growing it still is illegal and is enforced.
What he said...unfortunately, the swiss voters rejected that in a popular vote about 2 months ago (use and growing for personal use legal).
Oh well, it's not like I would smoke weed if it were legal, I just feel that the law is horribly inconsistend when it comes to the legality of Nicotine, Alcohol and THC..

If I don't think about all the people whining about it being illegal while they get high, I really would not lose any sleep if it became legal. But I would want it regulated and only allowed to be produced by the tobacco companies.

BUT.... I get so sick of people crying about it being illegal while still breaking the law that frankly, I'd like to see the punishments increased for now. Get everyone to quit then talk about legalizing it. Blah. Druggies. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going outside to smoke a legal Camel cigarette.

Why must THC be lower? What's wrong with really strong weed?

If the bud is more potent, you don't need to smoke as much.

:smoke:

It doesn't hurt you, me, anybody, and it doesn't cause society to crumble. Totally begign. The only reason we have such a ridiculous federal policy against it is because of that cripple's mindless busy-bodying.

Who's this cripple? Are you speaking of Czar Anslinger?

If I don't think about all the people whining about it being illegal while they get high, I really would not lose any sleep if it became legal. But I would want it regulated and only allowed to be produced by the tobacco companies.

Me personally, I think it would be better off as a cottage industry, or something of the like.

BUT.... I get so sick of people crying about it being illegal while still breaking the law that frankly, I'd like to see the punishments increased for now. Get everyone to quit then talk about legalizing it. Blah. Druggies. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going outside to smoke a legal Camel cigarette.

Put down your smoke if you want me to put down mine.:cowboy:

YES. Seems daft not to.

I'm not surprised to see this thread. Like I fervently sermonized about the legalization of marijuana (at least for medical purposes) in the last one, I continue to support the changing of it's legal status and a start to finally use weed (or hemp, as you may call it) as a mean to produce cheap paper, clothing and fabrics. The smoking of it is really of minor importance. It doesn't kill or harm your body, so what the politicians are waiting for?

It doesn't kill or harm your body, so what the politicians are waiting for?

You haven't convinced the great unwashed masses like myself? I like to believe I could be swayed either way (right now i slightly favor keeping laws same).

You haven't convinced the great unwashed masses like myself? I like to believe I could be swayed either way (right now i slightly favor keeping laws same).

Even if marijuana was very harmful to your body (which it isn't at all, to say the least) who's to say I can't smoke it? Why can't I do what the hell I wanna do? Why are drunk asses legally sanctioned to get hosed and spew vomit everywhere where as I don't have the freedom to smoke myself silly?

I hate to use that tired comparison, but it really is valid. The laws the way they are right now just ooze hypocrisy.

I've been persuaded to go for legalisation over decriminalisation by the previous thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom