Marijuana legalization?

Marijuana legalization?

• Legalize.

Votes: 38 50.7%
  • Decriminalize.

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • Legal w/ Prescription, otherwise a felony.

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • No change -- it stays a felony w/ harsh penalties, or even INCREASE the penalties and enforcement of

Votes: 12 16.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by jpowers
"Honey, I'm off to the Olde Narcotics Shoppe, do you want anything?"
"Well, the Jamesons are coming for dinner, and you know how they drone on about their cats. It'll be a lot more bearable with a few joints, don't you think?"
:lol:

I just think people who want it will get it no matter what we do. I would just like to see some "sin" tax revenues to perhaps lower other taxes.

i think the penalties for drug related crimes are ridiculus. i mean immagine this:

girl sitting in a park smoking weed, minding her own business, being friendly to people (cause she's happier then usual cuase of the weed), along comes some guy, drags her into the bushes and rapes her.

now becuase she had a days worth of supply on her (day off and she didnt want to interupt her pleasant stay in the park by having to go back home to get more) she will go to prison for LONGER then the rapist.

does that realy make sense?
considering that there are murderers getting let out of US prisons because there aint enough space, i think its crazy to make drug posesion a felony.

oh, and i aint defending MJ cause i use it, cuase i dont. (does that sentence make sense?)

Certainly RoddyVR, it's called CYA. ;)
I'm sure many of those who espouse legalization of marijuana are not users. Myself for one. (and that's not even CYA) :)

I haven't smoked it in years, just gives me a headache now.

I say legalise it. The only difference we would see from doing so is there'd be fewer people in prison.

I mean really, are there really people out there who WOULD smoke mj but don't because it's against the law?

Probably are, but they probably make up less than .1% of the population and I've certainly never met one.

Originally posted by KaeptnOvi
legalize it and then tax it, like alcohol and tabacco. I mean we aren't a nation of drunks bums just because alcohol is legal, are we.

Kaeptn, take a good look around you . . . :lol:

Originally posted by jpowers
"Honey, I'm off to the Olde Narcotics Shoppe, do you want anything?"
"Well, the Jamesons are coming for dinner, and you know how they drone on about their cats. It'll be a lot more bearable with a few joints, don't you think?"
:lol:

:lol: there is more truth in that than many realize. I read in a high profile yuppie mag last year(give me a break, I was in the Dentist office) about how pot really has become much more accepted at social gatherings of the working class and among professionals.

I think quite a few people have said all there needs to be said.

Legalize it.

Whatever cons come about are NOT worth turning over our liberties to a police state, which has slowly been happening. Are they?

Increase the penalties? How much is enough? How many politicians' sh*t stains need to defile our Constitution for the "greater good" of keeping Bubba from a toke after work, or a chemo patient from using it to get through his next agonizing day? This is INSANE, and I'd like to see what logical leg to stand on those who voted for number 4 claim to have.

Show me.

LEGALIZE IT! Canada has just decriminalized it, and I'm sure the lessor burden on the justice system will be well worth it.

Anyone that proclaims that a country full of potheads will crash cars and cause havoc etc, etc....is IGNORANT. If you have ever smoked up, you would know it does not induce this kind of behaviour.

Simply put, either make cigarettes, alcohol, and marijuana illegal, or legalize all of them.

If you remember what happened in the early 1900's when alcohol was made illegal. The mafia ended up shipping in more alcohol then there was when it was legal.
In the 1980's Bush started the war on drugs well look around you cant get drugs now? Right?
Atleast where marijuana is concerned i dont think you should get a criminal record just for smoking a joint. I think legalization might be a good solution in the future at some point. Though right now decriminalization might be a good way to go.

I would also like to add that alcohol in my opinion is a far more dangerous thing than marijuana. In some cases alcoholism can be just as bad as an addiction to heroin or cocaine. Some people try drinking and just cant stop. They become physically dependant on it.

Anyway thats just my opinion.

hmmm thx for getting this old thread back up :thumbsup:
In Belgium its gonna be legalised.
Of course not if your under 18;)
I think Legalise it.But not for that baby of yours.
Already seen a stoned baby?????

Originally posted by cryptic
If you remember what happened in the early 1900's when alcohol was made illegal. The mafia ended up shipping in more alcohol then there was when it was legal.
In the 1980's Bush started the war on drugs well look around you cant get drugs now? Right?
Atleast where marijuana is concerned i dont think you should get a criminal record just for smoking a joint. I think legalization might be a good solution in the future at some point. Though right now decriminalization might be a good way to go.

I would also like to add that alcohol in my opinion is a far more dangerous thing than marijuana. In some cases alcoholism can be just as bad as an addiction to heroin or cocaine. Some people try drinking and just cant stop. They become physically dependant on it.

Anyway thats just my opinion.

I believe Nixon began the war on drugs. I remember Nixon calling drugs "America's #1 problem." There is no question that the war has been an absolute failure; even former drug czar Barry McCaffrey has now come out in favor of decriminalization!

It's funny to see this thread back because I saw something in the news yesterday related to this.

The government of Canada has its own "pot-farm" in Flin-Flon Manitoba (the guy who named that town was probably a stoner ;) in wich they perform experiment for a possible legalization of marijuana.

The "Rock-Farm", named after formerly health minister Allan Rock, has troubles. They can't grow pot! The spokeperson for the farm said it was because they used seeds confiscated by the police. The dope turned to be of poor quality. So if anyone thinks that legalizing marijuana will make it better because of the "control of quality" that the government would enforce... don't count on it, at least not in Canada. :lol: ;)

Legalize. I honestly can't see what all the drama is about. I remember, back in school, how people would come and tell us that once we'd tried MJ our lives would be forever miserable. They told us that as soon someone had taken a hit of MJ they would with the uttermost certainty become junkies of the worst kind, bla bla bla.

In retrospect, I don't think that those people had ever tried it, I really don't.

Originally posted by ApocalypseKurtz

I believe Nixon began the war on drugs. I remember Nixon calling drugs "America's #1 problem." There is no question that the war has been an absolute failure; even former drug czar Barry McCaffrey has now come out in favor of decriminalization!
The original war on drugs was started by Harry Aslinger, a US government bureaucrat who previously was in charge of alcohol prohibition but had nothing to do after that policy was abandoned. This was in the 1930s, obviously the war has been a smashing sucess. I support legalizing possession and cultivation but not the sale of it. If people want to get it they they should have to grow it themselves, we dont need another tobacco lobby. How can you outlaw a plant? It's crazy.

possessing marijuana isn't a felony it's a misdameanor unless you are planning on distrabution

Top Bottom