Sick Day Thread

De Lorimier

North American Scum
I just called the job, I'm not going to work today. I started felling like crap two days ago and yesterday's day of work was simply atrocious. My head feels like it's as big as a watermelon and my nose is clogged with what seems to be tons of mucus.

Usually when I take a day off it's to go rollerblading on the race track on St-Hélène island or to go at my parent's cabin on the lake, but not today. Today I'm going to sit on my ass, watch tv, eat some soup and gander at CFC.

What's your limit? Under what circumstances do you bail out on work? Is it a problem for you at your job if you call in sick? And what do you on these off days?

I guess it depends on the kind of work you do. I have to engage in small conversations with hundreds, sometimes thousands of different people at my job, so showing up in the shape that I am today wouldn't be very smart. Plus I can't be an effective portrait of authority with snot coming out of my nose. :eek:

when I get feverish 38°+ I stay at home, happens once every few years, usually

Most of my sick days involve taking the children to various appointments. However, i am a true believer is taking an occasional "mental health day".

Bengalsfan58 said:
However, i am a true believer is taking an occasional "mental health day".
What do you mean by that ?

For my old job which I hated, the slightest sniffle was inspiration to stay home.

I'm really enjoying my new job, I felt horrible yesterday after a very cold weekend in a tent but I still came in.

I only miss work is I have a really valid reason. Even If I dont like the job I dont call sick If I can go to work. Usually my coworkers tell me to go back home!

KaeptnOvi said:
when I get feverish 38°+ I stay at home, happens once every few years, usually

What is that in farienheit?

Celcius without decimals is not accurate enough!

I like my farienheit system for this reason.

I hate missing school and having to make up everything I missed. I only stay home if I'm vomiting or having diahrea or have a high fever.

Xanikk999 said:
What is that in farienheit?

Celcius without decimals is not accurate enough!

I like my farienheit system for this reason.

It's around 100 Fahrenheit though I don't see how it would be decicively more accurate...especially since when I write 38 I mean 38 (like in 38.0) otherwise I would have appended a digit :)

I don't really get sick much. I usually take a sick day (assuming I'm working at the time) because I just don't plain feel like going.

I leave the attendence records to Cal Ripkin, I'm not on salary, if I want a day off, I take one, why wait 'till I'm too sick to enjoy it. :)

By the way, hope you feel better Lor. :)

Heretic_Cata said:
What do you mean by that ?

Since I accrue 4 weeks vaction a year, I will take a day here and there just because I don't feel like working that day. It is good for my mental health.

KaeptnOvi said:
It's around 100 Fahrenheit though I don't see how it would be decicively more accurate...especially since when I write 38 I mean 38 (like in 38.0) otherwise I would have appended a digit :)

More digits means more accuracy.

Thats why pi equaling 3.14 is not completly accurate.

It goes on and on but is cut off there.

Anyway i think 100 units to seperate freezing point to boiling isnt accurate enough for me. I guess im not used to it.

well, digit's are commonly used and you can append them at will, so the accuracy is pretty much variable :)

I do guess that it really is just your not being used to it :)

I very rarely use sick days. I have to be in real pain and in a condition that will not allow me to go to work for that.

On a related note, some companies have systems where sick days are entirely separate from vacation days. That's pretty stupid: it means if you're not sick you're going to loose the sick days, so it gives a strong incentive to abuse the system.

I prefer systems where you have to take sick days off your regular time-off, but at the end of the year if you have not used any then you get a time-off bonus for the next year.

I think I'm ready to take a sick day at my job, it's been awhile and I need a break!

Masquerouge said:
On a related note, some companies have systems where sick days are entirely separate from vacation days. That's pretty stupid: it means if you're not sick you're going to loose the sick days, so it gives a strong incentive to abuse the system.

I prefer systems where you have to take sick days off your regular time-off, but at the end of the year if you have not used any then you get a time-off bonus for the next year.

Where I work its that way .... 5 sick days a year 10 personnal days and 3 ''flottant'' ... that means that I can take 18 days off in a year!

big w o w! :mischief:

Top Bottom