SimCity 5

Odd considering that there are many buildings like that in Canadian and American cities. Although maybe not as I guess those are mostly (though not always) left over from the old city centers.

Yes, leftovers. Zoning regulations actually ban that kind of use now in many American cities. :rolleyes:

Yes, leftovers. Zoning regulations actually ban that kind of use now in many American cities. :rolleyes:

It would be nice if you could enact an ordinance or decision to switch between the two, with different benefits and drawbacks for each.

I'd also like to see a breakup between property and income tax for each of the major zoning categories. It's always seemed like a natural break, to have the plot size determine how much money you could get from property taxes while the wealth level and employment would determine how much you could get from the income tax. Then, you could encourage dense cities or sprawling cities via manipulating these taxes.

Other ordances and bylaws would be neat as well. This is starting to look like a really awesome Simcity

Anyone subscribe to PC Gamer? This month's issue now in newsstands features the game on its cover, but I haven't had a chance to read the preview to see what it contains.

TERRIBLE NEWS! Sim City V will require an always online connection. Sorry Smellincoffee, but EA doesn't value you as a customer.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/28/simcity-requires-internet-connection-to-play-will-be-sold-outsi/

The always-on connection becomes necessary with the game's emphasis on multiplayer and regional impact, and the use of a global economy that all players can influence.

Well, I just saved $60. I haven't played a Sim City-like game in several years, I can easily skip this one too.

There goes my purchase. My wireless connection can't even stick with TF2 for long nowadays.

Is there going to be some other program installation required besides the game? I don't have Origin now and I'm not particularly keen on another download/content manager taking up space on my system.

Good grief, I just read the link:

Players will need to be online on Origin while playing, even if that wasn't the point of purchase. The always-on connection becomes necessary with the game's emphasis on multiplayer and regional impact, and the use of a global economy that all players can influence.

So I can't play single player anymore? I can't control my own region with a handful of cities, all on my desktop? Why the hell does gaming have to be so difficult nowadays?

Sim City 4 had mods. It's been a while but there I think there a Mars one, one that made road networking better, and more. I remember having one mod that made farms give more jobs (or something like that).

SimCity 4 had megatons of mods. I think they're trying to say that there will be mods after it will be patched, or (more likely) crappy DLC.

I've been struggling to get the NAM working without crashing, much less any other mods. I wish there were good city ordinance mods, etc. to work with, but I don't know of any.

Here's to hoping that Sim City 5 is good... loved Sim City 4 quite a bit, played it for many years. Was the first game that got me into the simulation and later strategy genre.

Hmm, I was afraid they might have some sort of online-thing with all the talk about multiplayer. Online all the time would have been a definite no-go given my less-than-stellar 'Net connection. Although this sounds like maybe you could just leave it up in the background forever and essentially always be offline (until your computer crashed)?

It still sounds like it will be a good game, though. Every time I read one of the new updates I want to play SC3K.

TERRIBLE NEWS! Sim City V will require an always online connection. Sorry Smellincoffee, but EA doesn't value you as a customer.

You don't need to ALWAYS be online to play Sim City 5, but you DO have to connect every time you start the game. It just won't kick you out of the game if you lose connection while playing.

EA!! Y U KEEP ADDING YER CRAPPY DRMs IN YER GAMES!!!? [pissed]

Well, I won't be surprised if THIS game does not make it to Steam :rolleyes:. Well played EA, well played. You've just lost a customer.

Top Bottom