Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

Ah, my bad. Haven't found mention of the cause in the search before I posted.
At least the workaround works, my ships are clearing the seas already. :)

Ah, my bad. Haven't found mention of the cause in the search before I posted.
At least the workaround works, my ships are clearing the seas already. :)
I'll check if someone didn't fat fingered something in XML.

Suspicious line in CvUntAi.cpp (31787)
Code:
//Apparently minimum odds is a maximum odds threshold rather than minimum
    int iMinimumOdds = isHuman() ? GET_PLAYER(getOwner()).getModderOption(MODDEROPTION_AUTO_HUNT_MIN_COMBAT_ODDS) : (bWithCommander ? 80 : 60);

Unit subcombat - sea hunter could be added.
It would be added if you pick sea hunter promo.

Then in code relevant changes could be done.

Last edited:
If you repair the "sea hunters" please don't forget automated hunting on land which also isn't working anymore.
Maybe its meaning got inverted, so instead of 75 use 25 in bug settings.
Essentially instead of X its 100-X

Great Scientists used to be able to build an Academy in any city over size 13. Now you can only build the Academy once. Is this an intentional change?

I removed the tag line entry in my game.

Sentry Post and Lookout post are obselete at Dualism BUT the replacement are only available with dualism! It's a little harsh, no?
Yeah, they're obsoletion tech should be the prereq tech for the buildings that replace the buildings they replace.

I dunno whether someone mentioned this before, but Fish Camps DO NOT upgrade to Fish Boats "after being worked 20 turns" on Eternity (on EMPTY water).
So either it's a bug in the mechanic (and the PROCESS is broken) OR a bug in the description (and the TEXT is broken) - it's clearly a BUG anyways, though.
And yes, I WAS working the plot - if you mean by that to place the in-city worker on the plot (obviously).
Yup.

I dunno whether someone mentioned this before, but Fish Camps DO NOT upgrade to Fish Boats "after 20 turns" on Eternity.
So either it's a bug in the mechanic (and the PROCESS is broken) OR a bug in the description (and the TEXT is broken) - it's clearly a BUG anyways, though.
And yes, I WAS working the plot - if you mean by that to place the in-city worker on the plot (obviously).
Yup.
It can be upgraded to fish boats only if there is some sea animal resource on tile.

It can be upgraded to fish boats only if there is some sea animal resource on tile.
So, the TEXT is broken then?
Because it doesn't WARN about "needing a resource here" - in fact, it CHANGES from "needs to be worked" to "changes to Boats AFTER 20 turns", when I WORK it.
As in, the ONLY thing that is needed - is to WORK it, and that's it.
I had the same complaint about OTHER (or ANY) resources in the past as well - the TEXTS are as misleading as you can get, more often than not.
I dunno, MAYBE you should finally FIX this to show the ACTUAL STATE of the plot, lol?

So, the TEXT is broken then?
Because it doesn't WARN about "needing a resource here" - in fact, it CHANGES from "needs to be worked" to "changes to Boats AFTER 20 turns", when I WORK it.
As in, the ONLY thing that is needed - is to WORK it, and that's it.
I had the same complaint about OTHER (or ANY) resources in the past as well - the TEXTS are as misleading as you can get, more often than not.
I dunno, MAYBE you should finally FIX this to show the ACTUAL STATE of the plot, lol?
@Toffer90 is it possible to make it clearer?

Also, not a bug, just wondering, maybe someone can tell me:
What is the MINIMUM amount of CITES you need in order to build EVERYTHING in the mod?
Like, you NEED a certain amount of cities and/or buildings in those cities in order to be able to build various Wonders - so what's the MAX of it?
Or at least, is it "around 20-30" or is it "around 100-200" instead?
LOL!
Because I utterly HATE micromanaging (and memory consumption), but I don't want to lose out on Wonders either.
I'm planning on building approximately this MINIMUM of cities WITH micromanagement - and then keep filling up the map (for resources) with Culture/Research cities.
And I really don't want to suddenly need to build up 5 cities basically from scratch because I suddenly bump into a Wonder that requires them to be "buffed up".
Again, just wondering, thanks if anyone can tell me.

Also, not a bug, just wondering, maybe someone can tell me:
What is the MINIMUM amount of CITES you need in order to build EVERYTHING in the mod?
Like, you NEED a certain amount of cities and/or buildings in those cities in order to be able to build various Wonders - so what's the MAX of it?
Or at least, is it "around 20-30" or is it "around 100-200" instead?
LOL!
Because I utterly HATE micromanaging (and memory consumption), but I don't want to lose out on Wonders either.
I'm planning on building approximately this MINIMUM of cities WITH micromanagement - and then keep filling up the map (for resources) with Culture/Research cities.
And I really don't want to suddenly need to build up 5 cities basically from scratch because I suddenly bump into a Wonder that requires them to be "buffed up".
Again, just wondering, thanks if anyone can tell me.
I don't think anyone has ever run such a calculation to my knowledge.

Volcanoes should not just disappear:mad:. I can find only one volcano on my map currently, Klyuchevskaya Sopka. I'd hope the other wonder ones are there somewhere, but I can't be sure. Volcanoes are needed for buildings and at least one wonder.

Top Bottom