Single Player bugs and crashes v42 plus (SVN) - After April 2022

OK I have downloaded (three times) and tried the Mod multiple times, without success. The fir expanded attempt allowed the Mod to try to load but then crashed mid load with a message that was too fast to read.
Subsequent attempts start correctly as BtS, allows me to select C2C but then just loads vanilla BtS... Win 10, recently updated with no other problems, any ideas?

OK I have downloaded (three times) and tried the Mod multiple times, without success. The fir expanded attempt allowed the Mod to try to load but then crashed mid load with a message that was too fast to read.
Subsequent attempts start correctly as BtS, allows me to select C2C but then just loads vanilla BtS... Win 10, recently updated with no other problems, any ideas?
First, are you using SVN (this is the thread for it) or the moddb version of v42?
If SVN, follow the instructions carefully, as you are doing something wrong:
If you are installing the mod regularly, read this carefully, you are doing something wrong:

In particular, common issues are not having the mod in the right folder, and user renaming the mod folder.

Ensure mod is named exactly Caveman2Cosmos and is not present in Documents/My Games/....

No worries about urgency.
Look at my city in the south named Zout.
(Please no spoilers about this map, I am enjoying this game...)
EDIT: I play as Dracula, using the extra civs modmod somehwere in this forum.
I've actually not used any of the modmods myself, so I think most likely that would be the issue but can't say for sure. Also seem to find a vampire modmod to confirm though; do you think you could find which it is?

I've actually not used any of the modmods myself, so I think most likely that would be the issue but can't say for sure. Also seem to find a vampire modmod to confirm though; do you think you could find which it is?
It is this one from the modmod thread in this forum: Civ Megapack V3!!! Updated for SVN!!!
I just reinstalled it to be sure, but it makes no difference. I have a red fox in a city, and "Unit Reward - Dance Fox" is buildable just not with the red fox. Same for Dance Bird etc. Same for dog-buildings.
I had an svn that was several weeks old, updating to the latest gave me this problem.
I can reinstall everything, since I appear to be the only one reporting this...

I had an svn that was several weeks old, updating to the latest gave me this problem.
This might be the issue actually, if it's the same save across the update? Assuming that's the case, does the issue persist with animals freshly subdued after the upgrade, or only on existing animals? I hope to have time to look later today, at any rate.

does the issue persist with animals freshly subdued after the upgrade, or only on existing animals?
I don't know, I don't think so.

And I now can't get to the next turn to find out, pressing next turn crashes to Desktop. Savegame attached.
(Maybe this is my PC telling me to work a bit more and game a bit less...)
Anyway, I did have fun with this game, thanks for all your effort!

PS I reverted to the SVN from before and then all the subdued animals can be used, but still can't get to the next turn, so those issues are probably not related.

Attachments

• Dracula BC-8613kkk.CivBeyondSwordSave
    9.3 MB · Views: 6
Just loaded your save, and I can build dances on Zout with units worldbuilder'd in as well as on a fresh game, so it is probably due to existing subdued animals being funky across the update, sorry. Gotta get to catching again!

You also seem to be running on a rather large mapsize; smaller ones do tend to be more stable over the long run.

Also: Updating svn will overwrite some of the modmod files, so whenever you do you'll need to reinstall the modmod, otherwise you may get some funky stuff going on. Might only be visual, but not certain.

Last edited:
This is an old bug I just keep forgetting to tell.
When you play a solo game (being the only civ on the map) - if you lose to Barbs, the game gets stuck in a way that you can't close it from within or go to Main Menu.
You can use Pedia, lol, or you can manually shut the process altogether - but you can't leave to Main Screen or anything, because you can't trigger the Menu drop-list (it ignores clicks).
Rather rare and hardly a real problem, but it's still definitely a technical bug, so if someone has some eureka insights into this - so much the better.

Didn't try, sorry
Found a solution... I copied the savegame and the whole C2C directory to a Windows 10 computer and was able to advance to the next turn. Back on Windows 7 now and continuing this game.

Is Windows 10 recommended? Is Windows 7 no longer supported by C2C?

(((I tried several things to get to the next turn in my savegame above, but nothing seemed to work. It's turn 999, I don't think it is a MAF because it happens every time, and because I got up to 4000 turns out of bigger maps in my two previous games. The turn seems to get past all the AI moves, and I hear the beginning of the sound "X has written his greatest works" to display a top 8 of players. But that screen never appears, it's always a CTD. I tried with current and past SVN, with low and high graphics, with and without viewports...)))

Found a solution... I copied the savegame and the whole C2C directory to a Windows 10 computer and was able to advance to the next turn. Back on Windows 7 now and continuing this game.

(((I tried several things to get to the next turn in my savegame above, but nothing seemed to work. It's turn 999, I don't think it is a MAF because it happens every time, and because I got up to 4000 turns out of bigger maps in my two previous games. The turn seems to get past all the AI moves, and I hear the beginning of the sound "X has written his greatest works" to display a top 8 of players. But that screen never appears, it's always a CTD. I tried with current and past SVN, with low and high graphics, with and without viewports...)))
Changing WINDOWS is the weirdest ever solution to a repeatable CTD, daaamn. :old:

Reactions: tmv
Changing WINDOWS is the weirdest ever solution to a repeatable CTD, daaamn. :old:
Wine also works to get past this CTD, but wine has even less memory available. It is the fastest 3D performance, but also the first to get regular MAFs unless I play with small viewports.
(I avoid wine because I fear the C2C developers don't support it.)

Is Windows 7 no longer supported by C2C?
We've known of some windows 7 crashpoints we don't seem to be able to answer for that have been in for a while - they may be in Vanilla BtS for all I know.

Yeah it was working flawlessly until it stopped for weird reason

toggle resources does not work properly. . .only certain ones show up??
It works correctly, but you switched to some setting - zoom out, and you see multiple filters.
Unclaimed is any resource without valid improvement.
Can claim is one that can get improvement and has tech enable right now.
And multiple others

Top Bottom