Single Player bugs and crashes v42 plus (SVN) - After April 2022

is there any reason i cant selected anything in the Power area?? i am in the nano era . .
Not a bug - its caused by UN voting, you lock up some Information era civics if you are playing with Diplomatic Victory.
This is vanilla feature.

never play on anything except total conquest ..
You could check in World Builder, Game Options if you enabled United Nations when you first started the game. If it is enabled, even without Diplomatic Victory, then this could be the reason for your issue.

Not a bug - its caused by UN voting, you lock up some Information era civics if you are playing with Diplomatic Victory.
This is vanilla feature.
I should've thought of it faster, lol.
And it probably affects some other civics as well, since there's like THREE types of "forced civics" votes, or so.
Not sure about the details, of course.

true.....
My point is that it's strictly an AI problem that will totally evaporate once THAT is solved.
It should never happen under any sensible gameplay conditions, since there's absolutely no need (or utility) in using 95% of the trash units that are used by the current idiotic AI.
It also seems to be somewhat lessened in some cases, but it's hard to decide, since it's a per-Civ thing, given how different Civs value (and spam-produce) different stuff differently.

Graphical discrepancy. Icon represents not Lord, but Warlord Corporal.

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

why not have a unit limit say 200 of each unit..... will stop the 5000 dogs issue
You are way too late with this one, lol.
I went further and suggested a unit limit per city, which is much better.
Still, hard limits are problematic for AI anyways.

repeatable CTD almost at the very end of the turn (just click on EOT)
Updated to current SVN (recalculated game modifiers at least) and turn passed without crashing. What's with the name, UndeadTest?

Attachments

• StrategyOnly November 3, AD-1898.CivBeyondSwordSave
    9.3 MB · Views: 6
Ah, yeah well I certainly didn't run it with any modmods. That would probably explain the missing city names.

Possible bug: updated to latest SVN today and cannot use subdued animals to create buildings. I can build the buildings (like Dance Bird and Dance Fox) and have Red Fox and Secretary Bird in the city, but there is no icon to create these buildings using the subdued animals.

Possible bug: updated to latest SVN today and cannot use subdued animals to create buildings. I can build the buildings (like Dance Bird and Dance Fox) and have Red Fox and Secretary Bird in the city, but there is no icon to create these buildings using the subdued animals.
Huh, could you upload a save? I messed with that earlier, not sure why the mission would be unavailable if the build itself is. Won't be able to test/fix for a few days though, sorry.

No worries about urgency.
Look at my city in the south named Zout.
(Please no spoilers about this map, I am enjoying this game...)
EDIT: I play as Dracula, using the extra civs modmod somehwere in this forum.

Attachments

• Dracula BC-9953 no can subdued.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.8 MB · Views: 6
  • Dracula BC-9938 no can subdued zout.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.8 MB · Views: 6
Selecting *multiple* subdued animals sometimes does allow a building. I now have a new city and cannot build anything using subdued animals, though some buildings like 'feather worker' and 'governor's pets' do show up when selecting multiple animals (but then there is no way of knowing which subdued animal will be sacrificed for this, will it be the lone and rare lion, or one of the 35 eagles?).

Selecting *multiple* subdued animals sometimes does allow a building. I now have a new city and cannot build anything using subdued animals, though some buildings like 'feather worker' and 'governor's pets' do show up when selecting multiple animals (but then there is no way of knowing which subdued animal will be sacrificed for this, will it be the lone and rare lion, or one of the 35 eagles?).
That's definitely a bug, lol.

Top Bottom