Single Player bugs and crashes v42 plus (SVN) - After April 2022

repeatable crash again diff game: i cant continue , i have like 5-6s games now on hold

pic is from the NEW game i am playing on 11505, also zip is the game currently. . that crashes . .

Attachments

• crash.JPG
    crash.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Undead4.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
Upload attached with logs etc which I hope you find useful. Currently on the latest revision, which is 11504 at time of writing.
Missed your message earlier sorry, but this feedback is very helpful for getting bugs fixed in the culture update, just wanted to say thanks!
pic is from the NEW game i am playing on 11505
11505 should be essentially the same as 11501, only very minor updates. Did you verify SVN updated/cleaned properly? I've seen a few reports of svn struggling with 11504->11505 update, alternatively, it might be another issue with your modmod? Haven't seen ctd issues reported with 11505 on discord, at all.

AI in the latest SVN build (11505) builds many settlers even then they have no room to expand. (I'm Inca and observed it with the two nearest AI factions). There is unsettled land elsewhere but that is separated by sea, maybe that has an influence.

Attachments

• inca.CivBeyondSwordSave
    9.9 MB · Views: 5
Fixed on git, SVN update incoming.
which one of my crashes does this fix?? goes all the way back to post 242 .. . and THX btw , , ,

guess i will have to start all over on these games, darn it. .

Last edited:
all saves goes back to 1 tile,,,for ALL cities. .with all my saves i have for different games. . . .with new SVN

even doing what someone said about edit city/culture doesnt work then . .

something really goofy going on ..
Any save created on an SVN rev. with Blaze's culture rework will be corrupted like that even when going to revisions before it was added or after it was retracted. Risk of using SVN I guess.

Last edited:
Any save created on an SVN rev. with Blaze's culture rework will be corrupted like that even when going to revisions before it was added or after it was retracted. Risk of using SVN I guess.
Gamestate corruptions are a biatch!

Another bug: It also seems that in the SVN the building "Farm - Crop(Corn)" and "Farm - Crop(Wheat)" is unable to be built even when the resources is in their respective city vicinity.

Last edited:
Another bug: It also seems that in the SVN that the building "Farm - Crop(Corn)" and "Farm - Crop(Wheat)" is unable to be built even when the resources is in their respective city vicinity.
You are missing some other requirements, or you forgot to improve those bonuses

Last edited:
1662808916093.png

The only requirement I can read is that "Agriculture" Tech is needed and Corn in the vicinity. (I have not been able to build "Corn Gatherer" either)
You can see on the other screen I have the resource available. The corn resource is where I have made an red arrow.
As you can see I don't have the building and I have not traded off the corn.

1662809248468.png

Could it be because I have made SVN updates through the save?

It's three tiles away from your city - your city range extends to three tiles once it reaches a culture level of influential and/or with the metropolitan administration building (depending on if you enabled the larger cities without metropolitan administration game option). Judging by the screenshot you don't have either of those (influential comes after elegant, which is your current culture level), so for the time being that corn is actually outside of your city range.
In other words, only once you can actually work those tiles with the city, they'll count as in range.

It's three tiles away from your city - your city range extends to three tiles once it reaches a culture level of influential and/or with the metropolitan administration building (depending on if you enabled the larger cities without metropolitan administration game option). Judging by the screenshot you don't have either of those (influential comes after elegant, which is your current culture level), so for the time being that corn is actually outside of your city range.
In other words, only once you can actually work those tiles with the city, they'll count as in range.
That explains it, thanks!

In my new game I've researched canine domestication, but the subdued wolves can't build the dog resource building for free.
My cities have the bone and meat resources and can build the building normally.
A bug? Or have I missed a change?

In my new game I've researched canine domestication, but the subdued wolves can't build the dog resource building for free.
My cities have the bone and meat resources and can build the building normally.
A bug? Or have I missed a change?
There was a change recently to some of the animal buildings, I think this is the second time I've seen someone reporting being able to construct something with hammers but not an animal. Is there a greyed-out box for the unavilable animal mission/build, or does the option not show up at all? There may be a BUG option to show unavailable missions, though not certain.

There was a change recently to some of the animal buildings, I think this is the second time I've seen someone reporting being able to construct something with hammers but not an animal. Is there a greyed-out box for the unavilable animal mission/build, or does the option not show up at all? There may be a BUG option to show unavailable missions, though not certain.
I can check the BUG option later. No greyed out button.

Training Dojo and Master Dojo do not give promotions for newly build criminal melee units (I am not sure for non-criminal units). Taoist Monaster does not give promotion at all (but Taoism is not state religion).

2. Units traded form other civilizations carry Build Up promotions and even load status. They do not disappear after move and are inherited across upgrades.

v42.1.BETA.7217 (game has been started in earlier version)
Windows 7 x64 (exe in Vista SP2 compatibility mode)

Attachments

• QuickSave.7z
    6.7 MB · Views: 5
Top Bottom