Single Player bugs and crashes v42 plus (SVN) - After April 2022

is there any reason why the mortar cant be used in the size matters
SM is an alternative game mode, where Thunderbird probably can do what he wants (I don't see anything wrong with that). It comes with different values, so naturally it can have different properties for units as well. Maybe he judged that mortars aren't practical in the field and fortifications bombardment is already implemented as part of attacking directly.

SM is an alternative game mode, where Thunderbird probably can do what he wants (I don't see anything wrong with that). It comes with different values, so naturally it can have different properties for units as well. Maybe he judged that mortars aren't practical in the field and fortifications bombardment is already implemented as part of attacking directly.
nope, just found out they r the only one that HAS to be IN THE CITY for upgrade . . .

nope, just found out they r the only one that HAS to be IN THE CITY for upgrade . . .
That's probably nothing to do with SM and more to do with a building prerequisite that the city provides? I want to review how those kinds of things may restrict beyond what was intended, or maybe even play into it further somehow, but at least sort out how sometimes the setup of prerequisites demands that and sometimes it doesn't... not sure exactly where a difference may lie there. It may be that we're using a GOM based tag prerequisite for a building? I'm not sure but it warrants some deeper investigation and further clarification of the ruleset to show up somewhere in the player facing information as well as to be made more clear in the modder's info thread.

isnt this ALOT of anarchy?? wow .. .

Attachments

• anarchy.JPG
    anarchy.JPG
    320.7 KB · Views: 30
I'd say the game is rather punishing for over-extension and over-crowding.
You clearly have a LOT of cities, which in turn causes a LOT of problems.
I must also ask how the HECK do you have the money in 100k's in this situation - cheating much, eh?

I'd say the game is rather punishing for over-extension and over-crowding.
You clearly have a LOT of cities, which in turn causes a LOT of problems.
I must also ask how the HECK do you have the money in 100k's in this situation - cheating much, eh?
never cheat, just playing on LOW "chieftain". . .

please tell me why

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    226.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 12
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 16
please tell me why
Not your fault, something has been odd since a recent rework of culture mechanic, city plots can now for some reason have ZERO culture which kinda means it is neutral land with a city on it. The error should be relatively rare, and its only consequence is that the limited python script the error happens in stops prematurely so that assimilation of rebels won't happen that turn at least.

I think the preconditions for the error should be quite rare; do you get the error often?
Anyhow, the error is pretty harmless, and it's already on my radar to look into at some point.

Not your fault, something has been odd since a recent rework of culture mechanic, city plots can now for some reason have ZERO culture which kinda means it is neutral land with a city on it. The error should be relatively rare, and its only consequence is that the limited python script the error happens in stops prematurely so that assimilation of rebels won't happen that turn at least.

I think the preconditions for the error should be quite rare; do you get the error often?
Anyhow, the error is pretty harmless, and it's already on my radar to look into at some point.
AH!
I totally forgot to submit precisely THAT error, too.
No sure when and how it happened, but one of my cities suddenly went precisely that - zero plot culture around it.
Not sure there's a need for a save, since this is a generic bug, but I hope it'll get fixed soon, since it's quite annoying.

For local anarchy times, yes. I'm not sure where the formula is getting anywhere near that much. Of course, a couple entertainers can solve it and tbh, at first I often like to have long anarchies in cities if I've just captured them because it seems to freeze them from the potential of population loss, which is kinda strange itself.

For local anarchy times, yes. I'm not sure where the formula is getting anywhere near that much. Of course, a couple entertainers can solve it and tbh, at first I often like to have long anarchies in cities if I've just captured them because it seems to freeze them from the potential of population loss, which is kinda strange itself.
What? Entertainers reduce anarchy in conquered cities? I had no clue, how does it work? It just goes down after you move them to the city?

Top Bottom