Single Player bugs and crashes v43 plus (SVN) - After January 2023

Also, I asked about it a long time ago, but would it be possible to put forest fires behind a feature flag or something? Are there any plans like that? I mean, I can alter the python script locally, but I wish it would have been easier...

The "Admin Tab" on cities has a pretty huge loading time for me (~5 seconds each time I either switch to it, or have to pick something from the production queue at the start of my turn. It's pretty useful to remember what I built previously, but is there , perhaps, an option to switch it off?
I don't have that problem, but I'd also like the option to choose what tab is the default one to auto-open to.
I literally have zero use of the Admin tab, so being able to auto-open to adifferent one I'd actually use would be cool.

Sorry for posting so much, this is not as much a bug as a request -- would it be possible to lower the volume of some of the events (Kemetism spread is particularly loud out of all religions)? Also, would it be possible to disable (or lower the volume) of the "We Love the King" day (by swapping assets or something)? The reason is that it can overlap in multiple cities, and that can cause eardrum ruptures when played simultaneously.

My use case is the following -- I can use the "Alerts" section of the BUG plugin to limit the alerts that are logged (and thus "sounded"), so I will hear only the bare essentials. I would disable ambient sounds (or lower them) altogether, but there is one that I must be aware of -- the resource discovery alert. It's pretty loud, but in presence of many other alerts it can kinda get drowned out, so I'm keeping all the alerts at a high volume, hence the requests above.

A weird persistent bug that I'm constantly forgetting about, then bumping into, then taking me forever to realize that it's happening:
If you are at war with a neighbor and rolling positive for a cultural city capture - you instead get a weird warning about empty city plot ownership or something.
It took me getting this warning at least 10 times to realize I was still at war with a neighbor (because that "war" was just for the sake of walking via their territory without Open Borders).
I then signed a Cease Fire and pretty much in the next turn or two that neighbor got assimilated successfully.
Weird and counter-intuitive to check for.

Sorry for posting so much, this is not as much a bug as a request -- would it be possible to lower the volume of some of the events (Kemetism spread is particularly loud out of all religions)? Also, would it be possible to disable (or lower the volume) of the "We Love the King" day (by swapping assets or something)? The reason is that it can overlap in multiple cities, and that can cause eardrum ruptures when played simultaneously.

My use case is the following -- I can use the "Alerts" section of the BUG plugin to limit the alerts that are logged (and thus "sounded"), so I will hear only the bare essentials. I would disable ambient sounds (or lower them) altogether, but there is one that I must be aware of -- the resource discovery alert. It's pretty loud, but in presence of many other alerts it can kinda get drowned out, so I'm keeping all the alerts at a high volume, hence the requests above.
Personally, not my area to work on and I have no idea how to turn down a given sound other than perhaps to make adjustments to the file on it in a program like Audacity. I don't think anyone is taking responsibility for sound matters at the moment.
A weird persistent bug that I'm constantly forgetting about, then bumping into, then taking me forever to realize that it's happening:
If you are at war with a neighbor and rolling positive for a cultural city capture - you instead get a weird warning about empty city plot ownership or something.
It took me getting this warning at least 10 times to realize I was still at war with a neighbor (because that "war" was just for the sake of walking via their territory without Open Borders).
I then signed a Cease Fire and pretty much in the next turn or two that neighbor got assimilated successfully.
Weird and counter-intuitive to check for.
Not really understanding this.

I meant that I had my culture overlap their capital with like 55% of influence (a high guarantee of flipping), but I totally forgot I was at war with them (it was just to pass through them, lol).
So, when I started receiving strange warnings about "city plot belonging to no one" and something else, it took me quite a while to realize that the city was trying to flip and failing.
I then immediately ended the war with them, and predictably they flipped in like 1 or 2 turns.
The bug is that it couldn't flip while at war with me, which clearly doesn't make sense.

The bug is that it couldn't flip while at war with me, which clearly doesn't make sense.
There's a bit of code that makes there be greater resistance to flipping culturally while at war. I didn't write it, but it does make sense; more bad blood between the two groups. The immediate drop after war is less good, so maybe it should be tied to the 'we fought recently' modifier or something, but in any case, intentional.

There's a bit of code that makes there be greater resistance to flipping culturally while at war. I didn't write it, but it does make sense; more bad blood between the two groups. The immediate drop after war is less good, so maybe it should be tied to the 'we fought recently' modifier or something, but in any case, intentional.
No, not that it doesn't WANT to flip. It CAN'T, code-wise. Hence the WARNING BUG that is caused by "trying and failing". It WANTS, but then the code PREVENTS it. It's a bug, duh.

One more thing I've noticed, I don't think it pertains to the present state of the mod, that was a thing before too -- the "Automate Trade Network" command causes significant lag. I thought it was due to the fact that I have over 100 workers running this command, but you can check with this file -- I have only 3 workers that use the "automate trade network" command, and for some reason it still causes lag (I am adding an auto-save to showcase this. To trigger their automatic actions, just have all other "active" non-automated units fortify or something. I also have some missionaries with auto-spread, but there is not a lot of them, I don't think they contribute to lagging as much as workers do).
I'm using the latest SVN version, and I also have a checkbox ticked in the BUG mod screen that makes automated trade network workers only build trade routes.

It appears that there is some heavy calculation going on there...

Attachments

• AutoSave_April 17, BC-2464.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.3 MB · Views: 7
One more thing I've noticed, I don't think it pertains to the present state of the mod, that was a thing before too -- the "Automate Trade Network" command causes significant lag. I thought it was due to the fact that I have over 100 workers running this command, but you can check with this file -- I have only 3 workers that use the "automate trade network" command, and for some reason it still causes lag (I am adding an auto-save to showcase this. To trigger their automatic actions, just have all other "active" non-automated units fortify or something. I also have some missionaries with auto-spread, but there is not a lot of them, I don't think they contribute to lagging as much as workers do).
I'm using the latest SVN version, and I also have a checkbox ticked in the BUG mod screen that makes automated trade network workers only build trade routes.

I might find time to investigate this in the coming weekend, thanks for the save.

v44.BETA.7704
One of my city cant build anything. Even autobuild building are not built. The city is Adrianople.
I built another city just after (Nicaea), no problem.

Attachments

• ALEXANDRE August 29, BC-10913.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 8

I've tinkered a bit with it, see if the latest SVN made it at least a little better.

Wow, after the last update difficulty just changed dramatically mid-game. Not a fan. Can the gap between difficulty settings be closed by adding by adding more difficulty levels instead of changing the old ones?

Also maybe a coincidence, but my CPU utilization increased a lot after the last update. IDK if it was intended.

Wow, after the last update difficulty just changed dramatically mid-game. Not a fan. Can the gap between difficulty settings be closed by adding by adding more difficulty levels instead of changing the old ones?
Me neither.
Was playing a Settler Eternity game just to chillax (see Pit's UEM thread for the sample) - then suddenly Wonder costs shoot through the roof with the update.
I'm like... WUT?
Not unplayable, but... way less chillaxed now.

Me neither.
Was playing a Settler Eternity game just to chillax (see Pit's UEM thread for the sample) - then suddenly Wonder costs shoot through the roof with the update.
I'm like... WUT?
Not unplayable, but... way less chillaxed now.
For player costs on handicaps below Noble are same as on Noble now.
AI still is much slower, as things are more expensive for it tho.

Even Noble handicap is extremely easy.

Top Bottom